Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I looks better at the bigger scale though.

Wish I could draw...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Very nice drawing antoa

BTW, is it tomorrow or next week we get Wep 5 and also is there any news on buying the next Weps/bundles? Sorry for all the questions

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Very nice drawing antoa

BTW, is it tomorrow or next week we get Wep 5 and also is there any news on buying the next Weps/bundles? Sorry for all the questions

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Next week, July 16th. Not sure about buying
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Spoilers for Speculation:

Spoiler:

I was just trolling imdb for some Sanctuary info (I'm doing a fic that requires name suggestions... don't ask!) and I saw a girl called "Emily Tennant" credited as playing "Young Helen Magnus" in Sanctuary. Judging by her previous credits, it looks like we'll be seeing Teenage Helen!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Spoilers for Speculation:

Spoiler:

I was just trolling imdb for some Sanctuary info (I'm doing a fic that requires name suggestions... don't ask!) and I saw a girl called "Emily Tennant" credited as playing "Young Helen Magnus" in Sanctuary. Judging by her previous credits, it looks like we'll be seeing Teenage Helen!
            Cool.
            I got my sister to watch the first two webisodes. I didn't tell her anything about the show other than that it was scifi/horror b/c I wanted to get her reaction w/ out my influence. She thought it was interesting & wondered if Helen is immortal. I told her she has to wait and see. Aren't I mean? She did comment that AT's British accent was "a bit shaky." But I quickly told her how AT was going for only a sort of British accent b/c Helen's lived all over the world over many years and so her accent's been influenced. She said that made sense then. So I'm working on a convert.

Comment

I'm still showing webisodes to my pupils during Enrichment Time. They love it.

Comment

I'm still showing webisodes to my pupils during Enrichment Time. They love it.
                Please explain this enrichment time--sounds good.

Comment

Oh.... at my school we finish very early in the afternoon (early for the UK, at last!) so that the girls can join in with sports and things. There are lots of different "enrichment activities" - rounders, cricket, flower arranging, jewellery making, dance, German, French....

But my tutor group (homeroom class in the states, I think) are notoriously bad and a) no-one wants them in their enrichment group and b) they don't want to go. So they have this annoying habit of hanging around in my classroom. I started putting on eps of Stargate in German, which had my classroom cleared in five minutes flat (I mean... first of all it was Sci-Fi and then it was Sci-Fi in GERMAN!). Then, one day in tutor time (homeroom), I flicked a Sanctuary trailer on and they loved it. Now the girls come to me in enrichment time and will ask me to put on a certain webisode. It's really funny!

The best bit is that in my classroom, I have an interactive whiteboard, which is basically a huge 70 inch screen which I project the webisode onto. Wih the blinds down and lights up, along with my surround sound, it is pretty awesome!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. So you're the cool teacher, huh?

Comment

The best bit is that in my classroom, I have an interactive whiteboard, which is basically a huge 70 inch screen which I project the webisode onto. Wih the blinds down and lights up, along with my surround sound, it is pretty awesome!
                      **Enrolls for TJ's class**
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                        **Enrolls for TJ's class**
                        who needs to enroll??
                        *steals the whiteboard*
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Sounds more like study hall or study skills class than home room.
                          Nah. The tutor group is basically the group I'm responsible for. I take their register in the mornings and afternoons (to check they are all in attendance) and twice a week we have "tutor time" which is a half hour slot in which we either have a year assembly in the hall or we do "mentoring folders".

The enrichment stuff is a separate entity. Amy, who is a teacher over here but originally comes from Canada, tells me that homeroom is the nearest equivalent there. Whether that's the same in the states, I don't know. I just assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            who needs to enroll??
                            *steals the whiteboard*
                            **unenrolls and joins RoX with Projector**
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              **unenrolls and joins RoX with Projector**
                              Don't worry, the kids have tried that trick (apparently). The projector is bolted to the ceiling and padlocked and everything. LOL. When I have free periods, I'm known to stick a film on and enjoy the big screen experience. It's like having my own personal cinema!

Comment

If the admin types question it, tell them you're studying "the popular culture."

Comment

Working...
                                X