Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to see more Druitt. Magnus' relationships with Tesla, Druitt and watson were the most interesting ones.
    I also think they missed an opportunity for a Magnus & Kate save the day story somewhere in there. I think the closest they got was a somewhat conspiratorial K & M in Bank Job.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I wanted to see more Druitt. Magnus' relationships with Tesla, Druitt and watson were the most interesting ones.
      oh, i totally agree! also give amanda some really good actors to work with, and watch the magic.

I also think they missed an opportunity for a Magnus & Kate save the day story somewhere in there. I think the closest they got was a somewhat conspiratorial K & M in Bank Job.
      there's a lot of missed opportunities, and not just because the series was canceled.

(mgm and scifi should team together to do an sg1/sanctuary crossover )
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Reposting this here to make sure you all know about this Mod Team ruling.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Hi everyone.

Whilst GW supports Amanda's ( and the other Stargate Actors') projects as strongly as possible,the Staff have to judge Forum post and video content by the main "Keep it PG and family-friendly" rule.

Sex talk/faux-sex is right there and blatant in the trailers,and will no doubt feature in the movie itself,so no offsite links or vid clips can be allowed to be posted to the Threads ,Social Groups or VM walls from RAOR.

That ruling applies in all Forum sections : Keep all caps PG-rated if they become available.Keep all talk of "Other means" to private correspondence off-forum whatever the source.

On an additional note : Please make sure that any/all off-site links contain no words or content that break the Forum profanity filter and/or break other rules here.

If in doubt: check those links with a Moderator in advance.It'll be far easier for you to do that,than to feel singled out when your posts are moderated.

Thank you!

Bagpuss.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          if helen wanted to keep the timeline intact, she could just make sure to somehow grab ashley away just as she was about to be obliterated, and just keep her hidden so that everything else plays out the same way.

maybe if helen chose that path, she wouldn't 'need' to view ashley...
          Helen tried to keep Helen Magnus's original timeline intact. She, as her new persona however, willing changed other people's timelines in order to gain their help to construct the new underground sanctuary. For me, the thing that I most admire about Helen Magnus is the very thing I think I most dislike about her. She is willing to sacrifice anyone and anything for her work. Including her only child. The woman is brillant enough to be able to create the Sanctuary Network and to rebuild this amazing [and impossible] new sanctuary location. Impossible in that she claimed few knew about it. Yet who built it? Had to be a lot of people involved. Anyway, surely she could have figured out a way to save her child too. I don't see how any mother who loves their child would not try to save them if they could.

And yes, that would make her a hipocrat consideriing what she was willing to do to stop Adam. But she's human and all humans do conflicting things in their lives. And I believe part of the reason she was so desperate to stop Adam is that saving Imogene wasn't his only goal. He planned to use his knowledge and technology to change the world in his favor beyond saving his daughter. Killing Helen and James was probably one of the things he planned to do going forward considering how angry he was at them.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            My favorite episodes involve 2 or more of The Five. I would have been happy with a show just about them. Those actors worked so well against one another and were frankly stronger actors than the younger cast. It would have been so cool to see episodes of their adventures in time such as the roaring 20s - you know Helen's wardrobe would have been gorgeous.

The lack of Druitt in season 4 was one of the reasons it was my least favorite season, beside it feeling a bit depressing and preachy with all the political overtones. John also brought a emotional weight in scenes with the other members of The Five that I missed. Even though he and Nikola intensely disliked one another it was cool to watch them kick butt together. Wish the show would have kept the short scene of them sharing a drink in the actual episode rather than using it as a clip bonus.

And I really wished we'd seen more of James Watson. Killing Sherlock Holmes in the first season was such a waste of potential. He's freakin' Sherlock Holmes! Why would you killing him off? [side note: I'm a little crazy about RDJ and BC's Sherlock Holmes characters so I'm rather biased about that character, but I digress]. The show could have at least given me one episode where Peter Wingfind got to do some fancy sword work before they bumped him off.

Comment

here's fun, the weather channel is going to start naming winter storms......check out M

Athena: The Greek goddess of wisdom, courage, inspirations, justice, mathematics and all things wonderful.
              Brutus: Roman Senator and best known assassin of Julius Caesar.
              Caesar: Title used by Roman and Byzantine emperors.

Draco: The first legislator of Athens in Ancient Greece.
              Euclid: A mathematician in Ancient Greece, the father of geometry.
              Freyr: A Norse god associated with fair weather, among other things.
              Gandolf: A character in a 1896 fantasy novel in a pseudo-medieval countryside.
              Helen: In Greek mythology, Helen of Troy was the daughter of Zeus.
              Iago: Enemy of Othello in Shakespeare’s play, Othello.
              Jove: The English name for Jupiter, the Roman god of light and sky.
              Khan: Mongolian conqueror and emperor of the Mongol empire.
              Luna: The divine embodiment of the moon in Roman mythology.
              Magnus: The Father of Europe, Charlemagne the Great, in Latin: Carolus Magnus.
              Nemo: A Greek boy’s name meaning "from the valley," means "nobody" in Latin.
              Orko: The thunder god in Basque mythology.
              Plato: Greek philosopher and mathematician, who was named by his wrestling coach.

Q: The Broadway Express subway line in New York City.
              Rocky: A single mountain in the Rockies.
              Saturn: Roman god of time, also the namesake of the planet Saturn in our solar system.
              Triton: In Greek mythology, the messenger of the deep sea, son of Poseidon.
              Ukko: In Finnish mythology, the god of the sky and weather.
              Virgil: One of ancient Rome’s greatest poets.
              Walda: Name from Old German meaning “ruler.”
              Xerxes: The fourth king of the Persian Achaemenid Empire, Xerxes the Great.
              Yogi: People who do yoga.
              Zeus: In Greek mythology, the supreme ruler of Mount Olympus and the gods who lived there.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 02 October 2012, 05:32 PM.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Charlemagne the Great
                Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy.
                  That's what I was thinking too! You would think they'd double-check such things.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Syfy Drama 'Sanctuary' to Launch in Syndication Next Year

How about that?

Comment

Holiday Card Exchange

Yep, it's that time again. Well, it is a bit early, but with a lot of folks heading off to a con later this month, figured might as well do it early.

Anyone is eligible to participate.

The card exchange is: You send me your snail mail address (complete with name.....unless you want mail coming addressed to your Gateworld alter ego), I'll collect those names and around the end of November, mail the list out to everyone that sent in their address. Your commitment.....you send a card to every person on the list and they'll send one to you.

These don't have to be fancy cards. They can be cheapies bought at the dollar store, people in the past have home made cards, so don't think you have to shell out $3 each at Hallmark.

There is a financial commitment in the postage though. Gonna cost roughly .50 each to mail in the US, $1 each to mail over seas (US postage rates, I know other countries postage rates are higher)

We usually get 20ish participants, so please consider that in your budget. I know time and money are tight and I don't want anyone to get in over their head.

This is open to any participant of the Sam threads but 100000% voluntary.

If you're interested, PM or e-mail me your name and postal address. I'll send the lists out around the end of November to give you plenty of time to get cards in the mail. (I'll get a specific deadline date here soon as I look at a calendar)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        For Canadian viewers, the Match Game episode with AT and RD is to air tomorrow.

So does this mean Sanctuary is coming back for a new series?
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 October 2012, 09:27 AM. Reason: Edited to add in the quote from the "news only" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                          "Syfy Drama 'Sanctuary' to Launch in Syndication Next Year"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ication-377267
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          For Canadian viewers, the Match Game episode with AT and RD is to air tomorrow.
                          Originally posted by ashleyb58 View Post
                          So does this mean Sanctuary is coming back for a new series?
                          neither one of the last two posts mean sanctuary is coming back as a series.

sanctuary launching in syndication means the series is going to be shown on regular (not cable exclusively) tv now. but it's not new episodes, just the 4 seasons that were already done.

'match game' is a game show that's currently being done in canada, and amanda and robin guest starred on it.

i hope i answered your question right...
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            surprised that no one put anything here about amanda tapping joining the cast of supernatural as a fairly regular character starting in episode 8(i think) new season starts oct. 8th
                            WHAT?! I've got to put my life on hold and watch seven seasons of Supernatural NOW!

Comment

Well the posts on the Sanctuary facebook page seem to contradict that. Most people seem to think is getting picked back up

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyb58 View Post
                                Well the posts on the Sanctuary facebook page seem to contradict that. Most people seem to think is getting picked back up
                                what are they saying exactly?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X