Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    I'm not surprised at how much fans STILL want to look for ways to keep it going, I see that a lot on twitter and FB. We'll know in 40 days. More or less. I personally (and I've said this before) would have no problem if it were on Space, and it's NOT because I fave the Space channel, but because it'll keep the show going. I'd even be happy to see it go to the CW network. The CW isn't Canadian, but as long as we see it in some form is all I care about.

*I'd* not mind it it was on Space. - and I wouldn't see it as I'm not Canadian. Bottom line is Space cannot afford it without some other network(s) paying a lot more for the show - so Space doesn't have to.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      *I'd* not mind it it was on Space. - and I wouldn't see it as I'm not Canadian. Bottom line is Space cannot afford it without some other network(s) paying a lot more for the show - so Space doesn't have to.
      Yeah, Space alone cannot resurrect the show, no single channel can. Most of Sanctuary's annual budget came from the Beedie Group with the rest filled in by license fees from various channels (in fact, Space didn't have anything to do with season 1, the Canadian contribution came from TMN).

The only way the show will end up back on Space (or any channel) is if there is enough money to make a show in the first place, and that means Sanctuary must first secure millions of dollars in funding. No channel can broadcast a show or movie that's not even being made.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Yeah, Space alone cannot resurrect the show, no single channel can. Most of Sanctuary's annual budget came from the Beedie Group with the rest filled in by license fees from various channels (in fact, Space didn't have anything to do with season 1, the Canadian contribution came from TMN).

The only way the show will end up back on Space (or any channel) is if there is enough money to make a show in the first place, and that means Sanctuary must first secure millions of dollars in funding. No channel can broadcast a show or movie that's not even being made.
        I agree, which is why I hope Amanda talks about it at the expo. Again, I'll be there, so I'll be happy to relay anything she says on on.

Let me ask another question... say (and humor me) the show did come to Space, how long do y'all think it could go on? I mean, whould MAD bring it to Space just to give it a proper ending or what?

Comment

Ryro is on Raiden ( I think), chris is on a show, amanda's directing, martin is involved with primeval, the sets are gone...it would not be easy and it'd take tens of millions of dollars. more than I think they'd ever make back on licensing and dvd sales, especially for a show with less than stellar ratings.

Longshot is an understatement.

You got 20 million to invest....you gonna put it in a show whose ratings have been slowly decreasing where you stand to barely make your money back, if at all or you gonna go for a bright and new show with years of life, and profit, ahead of it?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            snowman why are you always so negative lol.
            I just know how to spot an ending.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            and yes, there have been shows that were brought back after cancellation (jericho, arrested development) i'm sure there are others.
            Jericho was brought back before the cast and crew moved on, and before the sets were torn down. No comment on the other show, never saw it.

Comment

It's a bummer that Sancturary's over but let's face it, four years is a good run and the way they ended things was also good. Helen, Will, Henry, Biggie it was good to hang out with you guys. See you around.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I agree, which is why I hope Amanda talks about it at the expo. Again, I'll be there, so I'll be happy to relay anything she says on on.

Let me ask another question... say (and humor me) the show did come to Space, how long do y'all think it could go on? I mean, whould MAD bring it to Space just to give it a proper ending or what?
                While it is nice to be a hopeful person, one must be realistic. I don't know where you get even the remotest idea that Space will save Sanctuary as a series. If it could have been done, it would have been done.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

You say you agree, yet you seem to have missed my point. MAD can't bring new Sanctuary episodes to Space because there's no funding to make the show. What channel it could be on or how long it might run is immaterial at that point.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    While it is nice to be a hopeful person, one must be realistic. I don't know where you get even the remotest idea that Space will save Sanctuary as a series. If it could have been done, it would have been done.
                    You say you agree, yet you seem to have missed my point. MAD can't bring new Sanctuary episodes to Space because there's no funding to make the show. What channel it could be on or how long it might run is immaterial at that point.
                    To this day I still see fans around hoping/believing that another SG movie, or even a Stargate series will be made. Some even think it'll happen next year. IMHO, I don't see another SG-1 or any Stargate movie (from our franchise) made any time soon. Maybe one day it will, maybe, but not tomorrow, or any day soon. I do think the show has better chances then SG right now.

Same goes with Sanctuary. Last night a fan asked Ryan on twitter if the show is done, and he replied: "Done for now, yes." Almost as soon as he tweeted my timeline on twitter filled with happy fans, and I missed that. Hope.

Again, I'm sure Amanda will bring it up at the expo, I'm mean a fan has got to ask about it or whatever.

Comment

Some people still don't get it

They'd rather bolster up false hope by asking actors not involved in the production about the future of Sanctuary instead of asking the producers themselves very specific questions. Sure when a series ends there is a possibility that there might be some future form of it but it is often a very remote possibility and rarely anything ever happens.

You want some real indication of the possibility of more Sanctuary then ask the producers (Damian, Amanda, Martin) if they are actively seeking financing for Sanctuary at this present moment. You don't have to wait for a convention either, Damian and Amanda are on Twitter.
                      -

Comment

y'all remember when joe mallozzi was on the forum, he was always deluged with 'will so and so be on the show'.....and there'd be hundreds of suggestions for guest stars. What was his answer?

'it's possible'

EVERY
                        SINGLE
                        TIME

that's because anything is POSSIBLE, but often not very PROBABLE

so sure, maybe it was possible that William SHatner would be on Stargate Season 10.....but not bloody likely.

is it POSSIBLE that sanctuary could come back?
                        Sure, anything is possible. I could meet Prince Harry and sweep him off the feet and move into buckingham palace......but ain't very danged likely.

ANd with these folks, in PR, will NEVER go on the record dismissing something, because you never know when that dismissal will come back and bite you in the tush.

MAD's contact list is long and distinguished....you think they didn't exhaust it in those long months the show was in the limbo of 'not renewed'??? You thikn they didn't talk to friends and buddies and friends of friends? If there were millions to be found, they would have found them.

The show had a good run, and it's not dead, but it is definitely in stasis....and like Jack in Antarctica, it could be in stasis for years, as long as MAD holds the copyright and ownership of the show and it's concept and as long as no one has a few tens of millions of dollars to hand over to them.

sigpic

Comment

Same goes with Sanctuary. Last night a fan asked Ryan on twitter if the show is done, and he replied: "Done for now, yes." Almost as soon as he tweeted my timeline on twitter filled with happy fans, and I missed that. Hope.
                          Hope is great, but IMHO unrealistic hope is not very healthy nor productive. We got 4 seasons worth of characters and stories to enjoy, surely that's a lot for Sanctuary fans to be happy about?

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          You want some real indication of the possibility of more Sanctuary then ask the producers (Damian, Amanda, Martin) if they are actively seeking financing for Sanctuary at this present moment. You don't have to wait for a convention either, Damian and Amanda are on Twitter.
                          I dunno, I'd not recommend tweeting them about Sanctuary financing, it's not a subject I think they would (or should) discuss with fans via Twitter. Even at a convention or interview, I personally doubt MAD is going to get more specific about the situation than they have so far.

sigpic

Comment

Hope is great, but IMHO unrealistic hope is not very healthy nor productive. We got 4 seasons worth of characters and stories to enjoy, surely that's a lot for Sanctuary fans to be happy about?

I dunno, I'd not recommend tweeting them about Sanctuary financing, it's not a subject I think they would (or should) discuss with fans via Twitter. Even at a convention or interview, I personally doubt MAD is going to get more specific about the situation than they have so far.
                            You're not asking specifically about financing details only if they are actively looking for it. If they aren't looking for financing then there is no chance of anything happening.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              The show had a good run, and it's not dead, but it is definitely in stasis....and like Jack in Antarctica, it could be in stasis for years, as long as MAD holds the copyright and ownership of the show and it's concept and as long as no one has a few tens of millions of dollars to hand over to them.
                              If someday they're able to do something more with Sanctuary, great. but I've faced the fact that it's done and am just enjoying the dvds.

Comment

same with me. It had 4 great (or soso) years, which was 4 more than they planned to have from the get go. we've been intro'd to other actors that we'd have never seen before or known of (agam, ryro, chris to name a few)

I'm glad for what we got, would be grateful for more, but overall I have bigger issues in my life to worry about than whether or not there'll be more. If there is, awesome, if not....that's how it is.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X