Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously the new sanctuary, the first episode introing what's where and who's what.
    THen delving into the advantages and disadvantages of the whole thing. the need for secrecy, challenges doing the job without convenient police info, abbies that are seeking sanctuary vs ones that are in the employ of the FBI, where I expect there to be a bounty/reward for revealing where and how the sanctuary survived (cause some will just 'know' that helen didn't die, word will get out eventually)

then the struggle, is this a home or prison? can we let people come and go knowing that we need to keep our secret? is it still a sanctuary when you're not allowed to leave? or is it a prison? are they right or wrong? is it really freedom when you have to hide?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Obviously the new sanctuary, the first episode introing what's where and who's what.
      THen delving into the advantages and disadvantages of the whole thing. the need for secrecy, challenges doing the job without convenient police info, abbies that are seeking sanctuary vs ones that are in the employ of the FBI, where I expect there to be a bounty/reward for revealing where and how the sanctuary survived (cause some will just 'know' that helen didn't die, word will get out eventually)

then the struggle, is this a home or prison? can we let people come and go knowing that we need to keep our secret? is it still a sanctuary when you're not allowed to leave? or is it a prison? are they right or wrong? is it really freedom when you have to hide?
      great ideas!

i'd also have liked to find out about druitt's fate, was anything going to happen between helen and tesla, and that helen *was* able to save ashley this go around!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

In Helen's time in exile you have to think she would have been tempted to save Ashley. I also wonder if she ever tried to observe Ashley from afar--watching herself in the park with Ashley as a little girl, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          In Helen's time in exile you have to think she would have been tempted to save Ashley. I also wonder if she ever tried to observe Ashley from afar--watching herself in the park with Ashley as a little girl, etc.
          if helen wanted to keep the timeline intact, she could just make sure to somehow grab ashley away just as she was about to be obliterated, and just keep her hidden so that everything else plays out the same way.

maybe if helen chose that path, she wouldn't 'need' to view ashley...
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I would have liked to have seen if there would have been a follow up on Helen and Charlotte. I felt that it had potential, and it would have been good to see that side of Helen a bit more.

Comment

It would have been really interesting to see how it would work in the underground Sanctuary and their efforts to keep that all secret and how it would work with Abby and Will, would they have to end their relationship or would she quit the FBI and then life in the Sanctuary and of course Henry and Erika with their Baby, that would have been nice to see and Helens feelings for Nikola to grow and how Nikola would handle his feelings for Helen, that would have been funny, like Amanda said in her latest Q&A the awkwardness after the kiss would have been priceless and pleaso no Charlotte (I found her terrible!!!) she would only disturb the tender Teslen developments.
              I would have liked Druitt to return, but Helen never again having soem sort of romance with him, IMHO that is past and Biggie should life.

With Ashley I´m not so sure, Adam wanted the same (save his daughter) and Helen wanted to stop him so that he can´t change the timeline, wouldn´t it be then hypocritical for Helen doing the same? But then I would be very happy for Helen to have her daughter back.

Comment

I don't think Magnus would try to save Ashley, simply because of how strict she was when it came to Adam wanting to save Imogen and how willing she was to commit suicide in order not to interfere with the timeline. Frankly, I'm not sure she would even try to spy on herself with Ashley, not after the close encounter she already had with PastHelen in Tempus (and probably more in the beginning, while setting up her new life) and because it would probably be very painful for her to watch Ashley again, knowing what her fate would be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Magnus spent a lot of time in the underground Sanctuary while it was (miraculously) built and only venturing out for the necessary things to set up her plans and establish her alter ego to get it all done.

What would be interesting to see is how she regards the new Sanctuary now; like others have pointed out, is it safe to let Abnormals come and go and trusting them not to betray her and her work? Will she send out her people to 'collect' Abnormals who willingly want sanctuary under the condition they can never leave once they arrive to keep the location safe and only accessible to her own people (kind of like how Hollow Earth was, although no one seemed to leave there). And what about normals? Are they allowed to come and go, as long as they are with the team or will Abnormals who are in a relationship with a normal be allowed to bring their other half? Either way, I hope it would be the end of the awful Will and Abby relationship, because it would mean she'd have to quit the FBI and team up with the Sanctuary crew (and thus be too present on the screen for us).

In a way, I think I'm glad they ended it here because I'm too afraid they would ruin the underground Sanctuary concept in a new season.

As for Charlotte, she would have no place there; she was nothing but a fling and there is no reason to bring her in the know (of the Sanctuary and the fact Magnus survived and is continuing her wok) since she has no expertise nor did she express an interest in the world of Abnormals. And yes, I would say the same if Charlotte had been a Charles.

It would be nice to learn the fate of Druitt and how Tesla fits into all this, but I think I'd rather use my imagination than see it brought to life on-screen after seeing too many shows ruin themselves at such a pivotal change.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I would have liked to see more about the new sanctuary (obviously) and how they struggle to keep it a secret. I would like to see abby and will break up because will can't tell her about the sanctuary . henry and erika have their baby at some point and live/work in the sanctuary.

Helen and Nikola continue what they started. and there is an answer if duitt is alive or not (doesn't matter either way to me, as long as he doesn't get in the way of Helen and Nikola).

as for her saving Ashley, I doubt it. Helen was trying not to change the timeline, while its possible she could try to grab her when she telaported. but had she, I think Ashley would have revealed in season 4.
                  sigpic

Comment

The act of teleporting was what destroyed Ashley, so there's no way anyone could have saved her from that when the EM field was on. Plus, it happened in front of Magnus herself, so she would have to reveal herself to, eh... herself.
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I don't think Magnus would try to save Ashley, simply because of how strict she was when it came to Adam wanting to save Imogen and how willing she was to commit suicide in order not to interfere with the timeline.
                      i think that's part of why i'd like to see it happen, *because* it would be hypocritical of her to save ashley after her situation with adam. but she does it anyways, b/c this is her daughter!!

i could see will calling her on this, seeing as that's all he seems to want to do is confront her.

Either way, I hope it would be the end of the awful Will and Abby relationship, because it would mean she'd have to quit the FBI and team up with the Sanctuary crew (and thus be too present on the screen for us).
                      i'm not really interested in a will/abby relationship, but... i've kind of changed my mind about abby, mainly b/c i liked her in the musical, and, i've done some stories in my head with her and magnus forming a nice relationship, so... i've grown kind of fond of her.

In a way, I think I'm glad they ended it here because I'm too afraid they would ruin the underground Sanctuary concept in a new season.
                      it seems rare if anything ever lives up to our expectations or imaginations on how we want things to go, that's for sure. :/

As for Charlotte, she would have no place there; she was nothing but a fling and there is no reason to bring her in the know (of the Sanctuary and the fact Magnus survived and is continuing her wok) since she has no expertise nor did she express an interest in the world of Abnormals. And yes, I would say the same if Charlotte had been a Charles.
                      my response to continuing any kind of helen-charlotte is... i'd rather see helen with a mutant tree than that woman!! i found the character (and actress) incredibly boring - besides liking helen being into guys.

what about helen/abby? (i like abby now )

It would be nice to learn the fate of Druitt and how Tesla fits into all this, but I think I'd rather use my imagination than see it brought to life on-screen after seeing too many shows ruin themselves at such a pivotal change.
                      i really want druitt to not have died. his character was too rich to waste.

The act of teleporting was what destroyed Ashley, so there's no way anyone could have saved her from that when the EM field was on. Plus, it happened in front of Magnus herself, so she would have to reveal herself to, eh... herself.
                      i think if the writers *really* wanted to bring her back, they could have worked around that situation.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I think the Helen/Charlotte could have made for some good stories, and I think Monsoon did it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          I think the Helen/Charlotte could have made for some good stories, and I think Monsoon did it very well.
                          Really, how's that? In Monsoon it looked like it was purely a physical attraction combined with all the adrenaline and near death experience, plus some normal (nothing suggestive or flirting) conversation in the beginning of the episode. To me, there wasn't any indication of future romantic involvement or any kind of serious relationship, other than friends (perhaps with benefits).
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Really, how's that? In Monsoon it looked like it was purely a physical attraction combined with all the adrenaline and near death experience, plus some normal (nothing suggestive or flirting) conversation in the beginning of the episode. To me, there wasn't any indication of future romantic involvement or any kind of serious relationship, other than friends (perhaps with benefits).
                            I praise AT and the show for doing that, it showed a new side to Helen, as well as allowing Amanda to try something new. Like AT said in an interview, these 2 women had just been through something major together, and they found comfort at the end from each other.

MajorSamO wrote a great fic about how their relationship could have gone. I for one had no issue with Monsoon.

Comment

Neither did I. I'm just saying that's no basis for a relationship. If anything, it's rather foolish you think that what they went through together (which, let's be honest, is usual business for Magnus) is enough for them to build a steady relationship on, simply because you like how AT did something "new" and showed that Magnus is also attracted to women.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Neither did I. I'm just saying that's no basis for a relationship. If anything, it's rather foolish you think that what they went through together (which, let's be honest, is usual business for Magnus) is enough for them to build a steady relationship on, simply because you like how AT did something "new" and showed that Magnus is also attracted to women.
                                Business for Magnus, but not Charlotte. I think there could have been room for them to pursue something, and I think Helen kinda showed Charlotte a new world of danger ad excitement. The thing with "sci-fi" is trying new things, and I'm proud the did try something new. I wish They had done a commentary for Monsoon to explain more about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X