Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    My only comment is why stop at five?
    Spoken like a true fan.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I noticed a definite change in his personality through Revelations. When he first shows up at the Sanctuary he's calm and under control, and by the time he gets to his and Watson's test he's visibly trying to control his temper. At the time I thought it was just due to dealing with Watson again and their past
    Spoiler:
    but the madness due to teleportation also makes sense to me too.
    Wait a minute,
    Spoiler:
    if teleportation can cause madness, than maybe it helps contribute to Helen's madness in that episode where she goes crazy.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    It looks like Space Channel is running some kind of interactive fan thing for Sanctuary.
    Oh that's cool, I gotta go by Space more often.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    season 2 spoilers -

Spoiler:
    in an amanda interview/comment of a few months ago, she said something like 'something really cool happens to/with ashley'. now that's not an exact quote!, but i remember whatever it was she said, i felt relieved that ash would be alright.

it's also what started my whole 'ashley turns into a child' idea, which i've spoken to my mom about, so she keeps thinking that's what's going to happen to ash.
    Cool, that sounds like something I'd like to see.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe in it!! But I do love the little gifts you post.
    Good, good for you, I believe it too.

Originally posted by siles View Post
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't want that, Emilie is my favorite after Amanda
    Spoiler:
    Helen is my favorite next to Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Thanks It looks really interesting, I wonder if it'll be available worldwide
      Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I was wondering that too...most things are usually for US residents only...bummer...we'll ave to wait and see I guess!
      Actually it is a Canadian thing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        season 2 spoilers -

Spoiler:
        in an amanda interview/comment of a few months ago, she said something like 'something really cool happens to/with ashley'. now that's not an exact quote!, but i remember whatever it was she said, i felt relieved that ash would be alright.

it's also what started my whole 'ashley turns into a child' idea, which i've spoken to my mom about, so she keeps thinking that's what's going to happen to ash.
        Well Ashley could
        Spoiler:
        become childlike in her recovery when they get rid of what's been done to her. maybe she becomes a virtual blank slate and has to be retrained? though I don't know that I'd like that. Unless they find a way to really develop the Helen-Ashley relationship & maybe we get flashbacks to what they were like before. I'm still interested in knowing how Helen was when Ashley was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Wait a minute,
          Spoiler:
          if teleportation can cause madness, than maybe it helps contribute to Helen's madness in that episode where she goes crazy.
          Well, as Helen said in the pilot, it's Druitt's powers that drive him mad, so I think it only effects him, not the people he teleports.

Spoiler:

I'm guessing the Helen 'goes of her rocker' ep this year will probably more like Requiem, some outside force causing her madness.

sigpic

Comment

^though this is the first we've heard of it as far as the tv show.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              ^though this is the first we've heard of it as far as the tv show.
              Really? I could have sworn Helen said something like that in Sanctuary for All, when Druitt got into the Sanctuary. Something like 'your power's driving you mad John, through no fault of your own.'

sigpic

Comment

Just watched the Season Two Premier and enjoyed it apart from some rather odd editing tricks i.e. screen splitting. What's that about, eh? Are they jumping on the 24 bandwagon, cos if they are, then it don't bloody work.

One other teensy, weency little moan... Where the bejeezus did they get the impression Essex, UK, is all green, lush, rolling valleys? The closest thing they have to a valley in Essex is Billericay and that's rather more like a black hole of doom (or is that Tilbury - wish I could remember?). And before anybody leaps in to defend one of the Home Counties with strident denials, I AM an Essex gal, born and bred, and have had my white stilettos surgically removed.
                sigpic

Comment

Really? I could have sworn Helen said something like that in Sanctuary for All, when Druitt got into the Sanctuary. Something like 'your power's driving you mad John, through no fault of your own.'
                  I think that is from the webisodes. In the series she says:

(Taken from transcripts at http://sanctuary.wikia.com/wiki/Sanc...All/Transcript ).

DRUITT
                  She must have asked how she came by her killer instincts.

HELEN
                  She thinks her father's dead.

[Druitt swallows hard in anger and glares at Helen.]

DRUITT
                  I wonder how she'd feel to learn the truth.

HELEN
                  Your mind is poisoned, John, through no fault of your own.

JOHN
                  Helen Magnus, friend to nature's abominations and enemy of common sense! Your blood, Helen!

[Druitt looks over Helen’s shoulder at the security monitor.]

JOHN
                  Oh, time is growing short.

The line in the TV episode doesn't make it clear that his madness is from teleporting but it does still fit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                    Just watched the Season Two Premier and enjoyed it apart from some rather odd editing tricks i.e. screen splitting. What's that about, eh? Are they jumping on the 24 bandwagon, cos if they are, then it don't bloody work.

One other teensy, weency little moan... Where the bejeezus did they get the impression Essex, UK, is all green, lush, rolling valleys? The closest thing they have to a valley in Essex is Billericay and that's rather more like a black hole of doom (or is that Tilbury - wish I could remember?). And before anybody leaps in to defend one of the Home Counties with strident denials, I AM an Essex gal, born and bred, and have had my white stilettos surgically removed.
                    LOL I gotta agree on all counts. But aside from that I think at least the pace has picked up from last season IMHO. All the acting was top notch of course (especially Amanda of course) and overall the episode certainly impressed me a little bit more than season 1's première episode I must admit.

One odd thing...I thought that Ryan Robbins and Agam Darshi were regular cast members now. Surprised to see them credited as guest stars. Possible promotion in next episode or episode after?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ryan certainly is... dunno about Agam Darshi, though.

The acting was ace, though I still have to be convinced by Emilie, and occasionally I feel the need to slap the characters around a bit for the accents, but it was certainly much meatier than the first season's premier, for sure. Yeah... I think this will shape up well.
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the split screen, especially when it was used as a transition. Can't comment on 24 as I haven't watched it since the first season and don't remember the split screen being used.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        One odd thing...I thought that Ryan Robbins and Agam Darshi were regular cast members now. Surprised to see them credited as guest stars. Possible promotion in next episode or episode after?
                        I attributed them not being in the opening credits as perhaps they didn't have Season 2 credits ready for the first few episodes. Plus it could possibly be a spoiler if they had the new credits right away.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ryan certainly is... dunno about Agam Darshi, though.

The acting was ace, though I still have to be convinced by Emilie, and occasionally I feel the need to slap the characters around a bit for the accents, but it was certainly much meatier than the first season's premier, for sure. Yeah... I think this will shape up well.
                          Well I thought Agam Darshi was a regular given that she's appeared in the S2 promo pictures.

As for Emilie...yeah, I'm totally with you on her. There's just something off about her and I can't quite figure out what it is that annoys me. Even in the S2 opener she didn't say a word...and yet there's still something off which bugs me. I can't explain it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            I liked the split screen, especially when it was used as a transition. Can't comment on 24 as I haven't watched it since the first season and don't remember the split screen being used.

I attributed them not being in the opening credits as perhaps they didn't have Season 2 credits ready for the first few episodes. Plus it could possibly be a spoiler if they had the new credits right away.
                            That's very possible. I recall they did the same thing at the start of Season 2 of Stargate: Atlantis in which they kept Rainbow Sun Francks in the main credits until Jason Momoa's second episode.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              I think that is from the webisodes. In the series she says:

(Taken from transcripts at http://sanctuary.wikia.com/wiki/Sanc...All/Transcript ).

DRUITT
                              She must have asked how she came by her killer instincts.

HELEN
                              She thinks her father's dead.

[Druitt swallows hard in anger and glares at Helen.]

DRUITT
                              I wonder how she'd feel to learn the truth.

HELEN
                              Your mind is poisoned, John, through no fault of your own.

JOHN
                              Helen Magnus, friend to nature's abominations and enemy of common sense! Your blood, Helen!

[Druitt looks over Helen’s shoulder at the security monitor.]

JOHN
                              Oh, time is growing short.

The line in the TV episode doesn't make it clear that his madness is from teleporting but it does still fit.
                              Ah, my bad, must have mashed the two versions together in my head. That's what I get for rewatching the webisodes along with the tv series last week.

Still, since DK is the creative force behind the show, I'm inclined to believe him if he says Druitt's teleporting affects him like that. I like that there's a negative consequence for his abilities, otherwise it can so easily become a convenient plot device for the writers.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, my bad, must have mashed the two versions together in my head. That's what I get for rewatching the webisodes along with the tv series last week.

Still, since DK is the creative force behind the show, I'm inclined to believe him if he says Druitt's teleporting affects him like that. I like that there's a negative consequence for his abilities, otherwise it can so easily become a convenient plot device for the writers.
                                According to the Season 1 commentaries they still consider the teleporting to adversely affect Druitt's brain so maybe they'll get more explicit on the actual affects in the episode about Druitt later in the season.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X