Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I'm not going to bite your head off Chelle but this is the General discussion thread, if you want to discuss spoilers, episodes in depth or theorise then go to the S2 speculation thread or other appropriate thread.

I thought we all agreed when we got a whole sub forum to play in that we would keep this thread as a general thread and that though there would be general spoilers for the current eps no future spoilers allowed and also detailed discussion would go to the appropriate thread. Please respect other people who do not want to be spoiled.
    I was just going by the title...Sanctuary Discussion *spoilers for the most recent episode*...I didn't know about any agreements about any other threads or what not...which is why I said please don't bite my head off...I wish they had emoticons that were humble or scared!!!
    I have a lot of respect for all peeps so no worries...I'll have fun with my spoiler button!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Chris did an interview recently where he talked generally about John's role in S2.
      Oh, I must have missed that, do you have a link by any chance?

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      But Chris and Ryan were at the Leo's and they have been seen and heard of around the place...maybe not as much as the other two but certainly more than Emilie.
      Or maybe it's just that we all want to see more of Emilie and we're missing her...I dunno...
      I'd love to hear or see more of Emilie myself, but I don't think that her lack of involvement in the promotion for S2 necessarily means she's leaving the show. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't think RR was mentioned much in the promotion for S1, and Henry ended up being a fairly big part of S1.

Given what the writers have set up for Ashley with Helen, Druitt, and the Cabal, I just don't really see how they can write the character out of the show. Though Helen losing Ashley would be a fearsome thing to behold.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I'd certainly be the *last* one to ask for spoilers, but I don't think it would be giving much away to refer to Emilie. It would not be unexpected for her to "disappear" from some episodes given the way S1 ended, but it would be nice to know she'd be around again. Then again, I think EH-T had a set tour in mid to late filming and Emilie was there. We could just be on the fandom speculation rollercoaster.

maybe someone at the next con this summer needs to ask something about "how's Emilie?" or "without giving anything away, will we be seeing Ashley?" It could just be that EU is uncomfortable with promo stuff & AT, DK & MW being PTB are taking that duty.
        Just as a side note wasnt the set tour in the beginning of filming? They we're still in the 1st eps. And Ash is wearing what we see in the trailer.

Comment

Our set visit was the second week of filming so they were still on the first 2 eps.

Comment

I agree that it feels like something happens to Ash and that she'll be gonne throughout the season but I dont think its death. I dont think DK would do that and then have the 4th ep be a comedy ep (by the way its called "Hero" )
            But, because of the lack of EU and her posts on FB it feels like it was a force "exit", improvised do to someting else.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

I'd love to hear or see more of Emilie myself, but I don't think that her lack of involvement in the promotion for S2 necessarily means she's leaving the show. My memory is fuzzy, but I don't think RR was mentioned much in the promotion for S1, and Henry ended up being a fairly big part of S1.

Given what the writers have set up for Ashley with Helen, Druitt, and the Cabal, I just don't really see how they can write the character out of the show. Though Helen losing Ashley would be a fearsome thing to behold.
              Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Our set visit was the second week of filming so they were still on the first 2 eps.
              Originally posted by kes View Post
              I agree that it feels like something happens to Ash and that she'll be gonne throughout the season but I dont think its death. I dont think DK would do that and then have the 4th ep be a comedy ep (by the way its called "Hero" )
              But, because of the lack of EU and her posts on FB it feels like it was a force "exit", improvised do to someting else.
              We climb up the rollercoaster. We come screeching down the rollercoaster of speculation.

If something is going on with EU it could be that AT et al don't feel it their place to speak for her.

Still, don't they realize a whole 5-10 fans are in a tizzy over this?!

The season sooo has to start soon.

Comment

Re: Ashley

Spoiler:
                As antoa said, our tour was early on so while Emilie was there they were only filming the second week.

I hope we don't lose Ashley. I like the character and think the mother/daughter relationship is too important to lose.

On a personal level, I really like Emilie. She was very kind and welcoming and I hope she will continue to be a part of Sanctuary for a very long time.

Chelle will get a chance to ask first but it had been my intention to ask about it at AT4. I don't really expect an answer beyond "we can't say anything because it is a spoiler" but I think someone should at least ask to show our concern/love for the character. Is anyone going to the Creation Con in Chicago? Maybe you could ask there, please?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh, I must have missed that, do you have a link by any chance?
                  http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sanctua...-on-season.php

Originally posted by kes View Post
                  Just as a side note wasnt the set tour in the beginning of filming? They we're still in the 1st eps. And Ash is wearing what we see in the trailer.
                  Another group was supposed to have a visit in mid July, I believe. Haven't seen any reports or photos from that yet.

Comment

Though Helen losing Ashley would be a fearsome thing to behold.
                    maybe helen will 'think' she's lost ashley... which will set up some awesome angry-at-the-world-helen scenarios!

helen/ashley
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

If something is going on with EU it could be that AT et al don't feel it their place to speak for her.

Still, don't they realize a whole 5-10 fans are in a tizzy over this?!

The season sooo has to start soon.

we might be a small crowd here, but we're mighty!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

we might be a small crowd here, but we're mighty!

Yes we are!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          maybe helen will 'think' she's lost ashley... which will set up some awesome angry-at-the-world-helen scenarios!

helen/ashley
                          Yeah, it would definitely unleash Helen's dark side. Maybe this could be what AT was hinting at in her GW interview about Helen becoming darker and edgier this season.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            Another group was supposed to have a visit in mid July, I believe. Haven't seen any reports or photos from that yet.
                            2 people went a couple of weeks ago. They were filming the last 2 eps. Emilie was not there that day. But that's just one day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              2 people went a couple of weeks ago. They were filming the last 2 eps. Emilie was not there that day. But that's just one day.
                              Actual set tour or are you talking about the fans that showed up at the studio?
                              Cos that one dude commented something like: Shame EU isnt with us anymore, she was great. or something like that.

Comment

It could all be part of the conspiracy to keep things a surprise.

I just remember on BSG,(spoilers for end of S3/beginning of S4)
                                Spoiler:
                                When Starbuck "died" they let us think that Katie Sackhoff wasn't coming back. Even Katie played into it, by keeping mum, giving the impression that she was through with BSG. And then when S4 started, there she was, back in all her tough as nails glory.
                                So I'm not too terribly worried yet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X