Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    WOOHOO!!!!! thats great news

as an australian i dont think we sound anything like british... just watch an american tv shows or movie and you have what we sound like... when americans are on shows they sound no different to me then anyone i listen to day in and day out in australia... however when i hear the same people doing interviews i can definately hear an american accent...
    You don't really sound alike, I think there's just some similarities in how vowels are pronounced. So, I think that makes it easier for people to do the other accent. I can instantly tell the difference between British and Austrailan. Of course, some accents are much more subtle than others. There's so many variations on each of the accents - American, Australian and British - that I guess a lot depends on which region each person is from that determines what they detect. Many people don't hear Canadian accents, but I can usually tell if someone is from Canada pretty quickly. Just certain vowel pronounciations that are different. But I usually can't tell which southern state someone is from, just that they are from the south.

That's interesting. I wonder why you don't detect it while watching the shows.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Oh how cool would that be!! I'd be happy to be the one to run the Aussie Sanctuary!! We have a Sanctuary just up the road from here...they keep wildlife there so I guess it's almost the same!!
      I reckon Amanda would be able to pull off an Australian accent but I know that Teryl can't.
      I was thinking you'd be one of the Sanctuary *residents.* <ducks> (couldn't resist)

I think you're right that AT could do an Australian accent. Are there any Australian actors you'd like to see guest star in the Australia episode?

Comment

is lucy lawless back at home?

if so, wouldn't she make a GREAT boss of another sanctuary? or an abnormal
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I'd love to see LL running one of the sanctuaries.
          sigpic

Comment

I would love to see either of those scenarios.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              She says it soo well. I'm hoping to teach her some Aussie slang in October...maybe she can use it for Sanctuary!!
              OMG that was awesome, Amanda was so funny and cute, the way she was bragging about being there, and the way she said thank you in Japanese . And I love the way she was excited about filming there she's always excited to do anything, even film in the rain .

And Chelle, I would love to hear or see Amanda use anything that you would teach her .

Oh how cool would that be!! I'd be happy to be the one to run the Aussie Sanctuary!! We have a Sanctuary just up the road from here...they keep wildlife there so I guess it's almost the same!!
              I reckon Amanda would be able to pull off an Australian accent but I know that Teryl can't.
              I'd also like to see her shoot an episode in Australia, hey, maybe that's part of the reason she's coming down to Australia . Hey Chelle, maybe Amanda will give you a role on the show .

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Sanctuary is nominated for an Emmy

Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series

http://cdn.emmys.tv/awards/2009ptemm...ys_nomswin.php
              WOO HOO That's great news . I believe a big congrats to the show is in order, as well as the cast and crew . I can't believe it, the show's first Emmy nom, awesome, this show has quite a few "firsts" under it's belt .

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Wow I am shocked. You rarely hear cable SciFi (the genre) shows getting nominated for a Emmy
              SG-1 got 8 Emmy noms, and I can think of others shows who have won Emmys. Who cares, Sanctuary's got a nom *YAAAAAAAAY*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I bet Helen has an Australian Sanctuary, so why not? She could use it when she goes there for an ep.
              Wait, I have a better idea, how about one in Canada? WAIT! better yet, one in Oakville?

This year Vis effects; next year Amanda.
              I would never stop squeeing . I'm going to tape the award show, and the show that covers the Emmys on Star Tv an hour before the actual ceremony . Hopefully we'll see Amanda there, if not hopefully the show wins, if they do I'm so posting it on YT .

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              Though Amanda TOTALLY deserves to get a nom for Requiem. At least the smart folks in Canada have recognized her talent.
              If they were really smart they would have given her more awards . But I am happy she got recognized for Requiem .

Amanda has the edge, having been so exposed to British accents. Though there are definite differences, there are still similarites between British and Austrailian. I've always tried to figure out why British and Austrailian actors can do American accents so well, yet we Yanks have a really tough time doing the other accents.
              Amanda has the edge on most things.
              Last edited by Rocky89; 17 July 2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I thought LL was from NZ. Live and learn.

I'm thinking the whole Australian continent is one big Sanctuary.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
                  That would be Canada.

Well, Sanctuary for everybody but me. They keep kicking me back across the border.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

suse

Now onto some Sanctuary news : Zap2It has partnered with Syfy to cover ComicCon next week and are now taking questions from people to put to the panels of Syfy shows. So gather up your questions for the Sanctuary panel and post them over on Zap2It.
                    -

Comment

suse
                      new zealand and australia are, well like the us and canada...so close that they're not really apart

*ducks from angry kiwi's and aussies

my point was, it's lucy's neck of the woods, whichever island it is

sigpic

Comment

Comic-Con is happening in San Diego, California, July 23-26, 2009, and Syfy.com will be asking your questions!

Here's your chance to post questions for
                        * Robin Dunne
                        * Amanda Tapping

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2334897

Comment

new zealand and australia are, well like the us and canada...so close that they're not really apart

*ducks from angry kiwi's and aussies

my point was, it's lucy's neck of the woods, whichever island it is
                          *cough* if you call 2,200 km across the Tasman Sea as close, sure
                          -

Comment

that's what? 1000ish miles???? I've driven more than that in a week

it's a 3 hour plane trip

sigpic

Comment

that's what? 1000ish miles???? I've driven more than that in a week

it's a 3 hour plane trip
                              1,370 That's like saying you live close to the Californian coast Sky
                              -

Comment

still a 3 hour flight, maybe 3 and a half

better than the 18+ it'd take to import someone from kiwi or aussie land to Vancouver

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X