Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, it's going to be monster of the week as a premise, but they haven't forgotten that we wouldn't care about the abnormal storylines --er, storylines about abnormals--without us caring about the main characters. imho, anyway, great effects and freaky happenings will only carry you so far.

I don't mind stand alone episodes so I hope they don't go too heavy on arcs. (except the character relationship (though not "ship") arcs

Comment

anyone want a drabble?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4670085/1/Creature_Comforts

spoilers for Edward
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

nice drabble Sky.

I heart Henry. I was excited to see more of his story.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I love Sanctuary.

Did I read somewhere on this thread that there is a Sanctuary marathon coming up? If so (and I didn't just imagine it), please remind me when it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer one View Post
            I love Sanctuary.

Did I read somewhere on this thread that there is a Sanctuary marathon coming up? If so (and I didn't just imagine it), please remind me when it is.
            December 19th...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....7&postcount=18
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              anyone want a drabble?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4670085/1/Creature_Comforts

spoilers for Edward
              Very nice Sky!

Caps from Edward...

Spoiler:

Oh and thought you might like....

sigpic

Comment

ah yes, my scruffly little lorney

so pretty

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  My comments and wonderings about Edward:
                  Excellent scenes for everyone tonight. And I can't WAIT until the next ep, it looks awesome. Amanda is really getting to work those acting chops.
                  Yes, she is !

I don't see any of Sam and I don't notice a Stargate feel from Kavan Smith either. This is an all new world/story.

Although I was wondering the other day after watching several SG1 episodes written by Damian Kindler (he seemed to do really good 'Sam' episodes), if he didn't have some 'untold' Sam stories/scenes that he might use for Helen. Not that in my cluelessness I would recognize this, but y'all might.

Comment

it seems to me, as the show goes on, amanda gets more and more comfortable with helen. she seems more at ease and, sometimes, i seem to see more amanda in helen and less the kkinda stuff 'gotta say this right, gotta do this right' tension

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      $50 for a sweat shirt/hoodie?????
                      $23 for a t-shirt
                      $25 for a hat?

damn, is scifi trying to pay for the next season with merchandise? That's almost as bad as the official olympic merchandise
                      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      My comments and wonderings about Edward:
                      Spoiler:

The scene with Ashley and Helen at the range was great. The anguish was palpable from both of them.

Absolutely LOVED the scenes with Helen/Henry and Bigfoot/Henry.

She referred to the moors, which to me definitely implies that he is a werewolf. Now we know that Henry came to the sanctuary when he was a child. Does this mean that he and Helen have a mother/son kind of relationship? (that adds a disturbing twist to the Nubbins fan fiction) We don't know how long Bigfoot has been with Helen, but he is extremely protective of Henry. Was he the father figure? Does Henry look at them as his parents? Did he and Ashley grow up together, so that they are brother/sister?

It was awesome when Biggie whapped Henry on the side of the head and told him to get to work.

Excellent scenes for everyone tonight. And I can't WAIT until the next ep, it looks awesome. Amanda is really getting to work those acting chops.
                      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      By the time there's shipping and handling added a t shirt is $33.39...*pulls dissapointed face*
                      Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      That's really expensive!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I'm glad I got my Sanctuary t-shirt in the "old days." I don't remember what I paid, but I doubt I would have paid $23 even in my desire to support the web show.

I agree. Definitely some good character moments. I'm so pleased they're not doing just "monster of the week" and are sticking to the character stuff. I know AT, DK & MW would want to, but I wasn't sure what pressure SciFi might put on them & what compromises they'd have to make. Wonderful AT/Magnus moments. I'm definitely intrigued by the previews for next week--2 weeks from now. It may just be worth the wait.

Actually, the prices are in line with what you would pay for a quality t-shirt/hat/hoodie in Canada. I'd rather pay a little more for quality (especially if it is locally made) than cheap crap from the Walmart. From what I understand from those who purchased the former merchandise it was good quality. Not sure if anyone on this thread would be familiar with a Cdn show called Corner Gas but I bought a hoodie when I was in the town where they film the show and it was over $60.00. Excellent hoodie though.

As for Edward, I enjoyed it although I had to watch it quite late. I'll watch again later today when I'm more awake. Really enjoyed the scene between Helen and Ashley and hope we get more of the fallout from Ashley learning about her father. I also loved the stuff between Helen and Henry. Nice to see Kavan again as well.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm actually finding Henry much more engaging than Will, which surprises me b/c I was initially concerned when they said his part would be built up. I don't know, maybe the actor has more personality?

Comment

I'm actually finding Henry much more engaging than Will, which surprises me b/c I was initially concerned when they said his part would be built up. I don't know, maybe the actor has more personality?
                          I wouldn't think it's the actors personality. Robin, Amanda, Ryan, Chris, Emilie all seem to get along and genuinely have fun working with one another according to the interviews. Even Amanda said Robin is one of the funnies guys she knows. Ryan said he and Robin still hang out together even when not shooting Sanctuary.

I think it has more to do with the characters and not the actors at all... Will is the normal guy in an abnormal world. He has special skills, and brings his psychological help to the residents and also helps Helen and Ashley to solve the crime. He is pretty much get what you see type of character. Which IMO is important to bring the audience in. I think he needs a little mystery to him, and maybe that will come next year. Right now he is one of the few normals trying to adjust to this new world. Henry is the smart alec tech guy that has some mystery to him. I like both characters, because I think they both play an important part to the show. I have read elsewhere there have been some fans suddenly wanting one character to be eliminated to make room for others... *sigh* I guess it happens on every show... but I prefer to keep all the main actors and characters (Helen, Will, John, Ashley, and Henry) and allow the writers to develop them. I think the shows that change every year tend to lose audiences

I liked KUSH which well acted by Robin and Amanda. I thought it was a strong episode. I think the next episode with the sub which features Will and Helen as well will be a lot of fun. I think Henry has done a great job in the last two episodes as well. I think the entire group is working well together.
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 22 November 2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                            I wouldn't think it's the actors personality. Robin, Amanda, Ryan, Chris, Emilie all seem to get along and genuinely have fun working with one another according to the interviews. Even Amanda said Robin is one of the funnies guys she knows. Ryan said he and Robin still hang out together even when not shooting Sanctuary.

I think it has more to do with the characters and not the actors at all... Will is the normal guy.
                            I should have said the actor's ability to project a personality. I've heard he's a great guy and he seems to be in interviews, so I wasn't saying he was a problem personally. I think you're right that Will's the "normal" guy. That probably makes it a bit harder for the actor/character to stand out.

And i agree about the group working well together--there is a Sanctuary team feel about things I like.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              I also loved the stuff between Helen and Henry.
                              this just popped into my head...

'edward'
                              Spoiler:
                              since we know that helen got henry when he was a child, and we could tell that his quality of life wasn't too good... i wonder if:

could henry speak english? and assuming that he could, maybe when helen asked him what his name was, he either didn't really have one or... i guess what i'm getting at is, i could see a scene where helen asked henry if he had a name and he didn't really know or have one. so helen asked him what he wanted to be called, and he said 'helen'. helen said that was a girls name. he said he wanted to have one like hers, so she suggested 'henry'.

i wonder if henry kind of sees helen as a mother figure?

'henry' is awfully close to sounding/looking like 'helen'...

wishful thinking prob.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

me too.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X