Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    that was chaka
    and who is the mother? she looks familar

she had to have been an 'alien' on SG1, i just can't place her
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yeah, I thought that the mother looked familiar... I know i've seen her somewhere, but I'm not sure it was on SG1. usually i'd check on IMDB but it doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I thought I saw a wraith... right after you see chaka on the hood of the car.. but my sis hasn't yet watched SGA and so I couldn't verify.

Comment

OK - i found the mother... she's played by a woman named Gabrielle Rose.

She was in Ark of Truth as the Alteran woman who argued against using the Ark as she said that it went against everything for which they stood....

i'm not sure if she was in any other SG1's, but that's the only one I could find

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          All the things I already have

Though I am tempted to get a hoodie in a smaller size since mine is a bit big.
          Same here. I was hoping for some new stuff.

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
          If anyone's seen tonight's Sanctuary did anyone else notice the Unas in the pictures that the savant drew?
          Yep.

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
          OK - i found the mother... she's played by a woman named Gabrielle Rose.

She was in Ark of Truth as the Alteran woman who argued against using the Ark as she said that it went against everything for which they stood....

i'm not sure if she was in any other SG1's, but that's the only one I could find
          She was on a couple eppies of the X-Files as well.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

i've never seen the x-files... it always drives me crazy when i can't place where i've seen someone...

Comment

OK, here's my review for Edward .

Spoiler:
              The episode starts with a "Previously on Sanctuary" with Helen saying the words again and a boy (Edward) drawing a picture of his dead father on the ground, and the father had a shotgun in his hand, the mom comes in, and we we get a close up of Edwards eyes.

I'm not gonna give too much away, so I'll talk about the big stuff . I that this was a great episode, I love the SFX, the science I loved how once again the show provided a lot of mystery, and it kept me guessing . I loved Helen's joke to Will at the beginning, she has the cutest face , I also loved Helen's scenes with Henry, she was so caring and worried about him, and how she touched his hand was so sweet and how she called him baby. At least that's what I think she said .

The scene with Helen and Ashley in the gun range was wicked, it's always hot seeing Helen with a gun , and I liked how after Ashley shot at the heart area of the target, Helen called her a heart breaker . The one and only scene that scared me was when , was when Edward shot heat vision out a Helen, and it burned her shirt, I almost screamed . I worry about her sometimes .

I can't wait for Requiem, I can't wait to see what Amanda gives us . Oh, here's a couple pics from the episode:

Spoiler:

Pics from Jumper one

She's been a bad girl .

Comment

i haven't heard anything about Requiem... Looking forward to it, even if it is in a couple weeks...

Comment

1 hour and 10 minutes till it's on for me
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

that sucks that you have to wait... I find it really weird that I get SGA and Sanctuary on the same channel and that Sanctuary airs at the time it's supposed to but they don't air SGA 'til the following monday

Comment

My comments and wonderings about Edward:
                      Spoiler:

The scene with Ashley and Helen at the range was great. The anguish was palpable from both of them.

Absolutely LOVED the scenes with Helen/Henry and Bigfoot/Henry.

She referred to the moors, which to me definitely implies that he is a werewolf. Now we know that Henry came to the sanctuary when he was a child. Does this mean that he and Helen have a mother/son kind of relationship? (that adds a disturbing twist to the Nubbins fan fiction) We don't know how long Bigfoot has been with Helen, but he is extremely protective of Henry. Was he the father figure? Does Henry look at them as his parents? Did he and Ashley grow up together, so that they are brother/sister?

It was awesome when Biggie whapped Henry on the side of the head and told him to get to work.

Excellent scenes for everyone tonight. And I can't WAIT until the next ep, it looks awesome. Amanda is really getting to work those acting chops.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Sanctuary - SciFi.com Updates for Edward/Requiem:

From the SciFi Channel's Sanctuary site, updates for November 21, 2008:

Edward

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

WATCH Edward online at SciFi.com: Eight day delay -- available Nov. 29 ‘08

At HULU: Eight day delay -- available Nov. 29 ‘08

NEXT new episode: Requiem airs Friday December 5 at 10pm on the SciFi Channel (US).

A call for help deep below the Bermuda Triangle results in the deadly battle to save Dr. Magnus life.

Trailer for Requiem at SciFi.com

NEW Quiz!

The Five

Watch: Full episode - The Five

At SciFi.com

At HULU

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

By the time there's shipping and handling added a t shirt is $33.39...*pulls dissapointed face*
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            By the time there's shipping and handling added a t shirt is $33.39...*pulls dissapointed face*
                            That's really expensive!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              $50 for a sweat shirt/hoodie?????
                              $23 for a t-shirt
                              $25 for a hat?

damn, is scifi trying to pay for the next season with merchandise? That's almost as bad as the official olympic merchandise
                              I'm glad I got my Sanctuary t-shirt in the "old days." I don't remember what I paid, but I doubt I would have paid $23 even in my desire to support the web show.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              My comments and wonderings about Edward:
                              Spoiler:

The scene with Ashley and Helen at the range was great. The anguish was palpable from both of them.

Absolutely LOVED the scenes with Helen/Henry and Bigfoot/Henry.

She referred to the moors, which to me definitely implies that he is a werewolf. Now we know that Henry came to the sanctuary when he was a child. Does this mean that he and Helen have a mother/son kind of relationship? (that adds a disturbing twist to the Nubbins fan fiction) We don't know how long Bigfoot has been with Helen, but he is extremely protective of Henry. Was he the father figure? Does Henry look at them as his parents? Did he and Ashley grow up together, so that they are brother/sister?

It was awesome when Biggie whapped Henry on the side of the head and told him to get to work.

Excellent scenes for everyone tonight. And I can't WAIT until the next ep, it looks awesome. Amanda is really getting to work those acting chops.
                              I agree. Definitely some good character moments. I'm so pleased they're not doing just "monster of the week" and are sticking to the character stuff. I know AT, DK & MW would want to, but I wasn't sure what pressure SciFi might put on them & what compromises they'd have to make. Wonderful AT/Magnus moments. I'm definitely intrigued by the previews for next week--2 weeks from now. It may just be worth the wait.

Comment

we did get a bit of 'monster of the week' but there was 'arc' stuff in there as well.

Spoiler:
                                i'm pretty sure the kabal is the 'black suv's' and then there's henry and his story

so it was a mix of MOW and arc
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X