Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, no nubbins came to the door, have to wait until next Friday.

Had Ghost Hunters on while handing out candy. Never seen this before, don't even know if it is on regularly up here, but I am correct in that GH is the highest rated show on SciFi? If so, can't understand how it could be more popular than SGA or Sanctuary (I know Sanctuary was #1 for the premiere but I believe it was #2 after GH for FM). Then again, I fail to understand the popularity of reality shows or wrestling .

Have this to say about Amanda. Class act as usual. Treated the people and the show with respect. Did have a couple of funny moments. One when the wrestler referred to himself as a "chick magnet" and she gently slammed into him as if attracted by his "magnetism" and then when she joked about leaving just before the "hunt" started.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      snip snip...
      ...Did have a couple of funny moments. One when the wrestler referred to himself as a "chick magnet" and she gently slammed into him as if attracted by his "magnetism" and then when she joked about leaving just before the "hunt" started.
      Right before the "chick magnet" bit:

Josh the host: "Now Miz..you have a lot of nicknames.."Grand Wizard of Lust"...
      The Miz: nodding his head and starts blabbering his other nicknames ...."blah blah ... of Seduction"....
      Josh: The "Real Deal Sex Appeal..."
      Miz: "blah blah...of Desire"..
      Amanda: looking very serious..."Sultan of Shrinkage..."
      Miz: surprised and gestures to his "swimsuit area"
      Amanda: looks at him after a beat with a huge smile and says "It's cold..." and playfully punches him in the arm.
      Josh: "Love it!...that's all she meant... It's very very cold."

And you can hear the lady behind the camera laughing her butt off. That was classic.

Amanda is made of win.
      sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post

The Miz: nodding his head and starts blabbering his other nicknames ...."blah blah ... of Seduction"....
        Amanda: looks at him after a beat with a huge smile and says "It's cold..." and playfully punches him in the arm.

And you can hear the lady behind the camera laughing her butt off. That was classic.

Amanda is made of win.
        LOL! Thanks for posting that. They were having mike trouble so it was hard to hear exactly what was being said.

By the way, I did not mean to offend anyone who loves GH or reality TV or wrestling. Just not my thing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hehe, way to go Amanda.

Thanks for posting!
          sigpic

Comment

Amanda is made of win.
            XD

I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said due to the problems and there being a total meat head talking. I'll have to check my tape later and see if it's worth making a video for everyone.

Comment

Amanda is made of win.
              You Go Amanda!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                personally? i doubt JM would write for sanctuary in the near future.

like he said, he's busy with SGU and an alledged movie and...honestly, i don't think his style of writing fits the atmosphere and attitude that Amanda & co are trying to set.

they are going more for human emotions and human stories and angst and humor...classy humor

they're into character moments and emotions, he's into space ships and SFX and stuff blowing up

and joe's more of a slapstick, yuk-yuk and innuendo kinda guy. It would probably be hard for him to capture the attitude they are setting for the show
                Yeah I agree Sky don't think writing Sanctuary would be Joe's kinda thing.

Amanda is made of win.
                you go Amanda! Thanks for posting bossluna.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Amanda is made of win.
                  Thanks for the transcript! I knew that Amanda made a sarcastic comment about The Miz's nicknames, but her expression was so deadpan and subtle, that I had a hard time understanding what she said.

Here's the sequence...

Amanda: "Sultan of Shrinkage..."

Amanda: "It's cold..."

sigpic

Comment

sultan of shrinkage??????

LOLOL

it'll be worth scanning through jsut for that

anyone that watched, how often was she on? I'll work on pulling her stuff out of the whle thing, but it'd be a lot easier if i had an idea how much there was

You can PM me with any info
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sky, it would be awesome if you can pull Amanda's stuff out of it

Someone put everything up on Youtube, like 30 parts. Above comments are in the very first part, but I was glad for the transcript or I would never have understood.

<snip>

let's not share that link here please. bits and pieces is one thing, the whole eps another.

and...hey, the topic is sanctuary, so we can veer more that way please
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 02 November 2008, 11:16 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

it may be later in the week before i can get it done. I'm out of the office tuesday and wednesday, and if there really are 30 parts in the 7 hours, it'll take a bit of time simply to find them and extract them

But i'll do what i can and - depending on how big it is - put it up somewhere

sigpic

Comment

Amanda is made of win.
                          lol that's awesome!!!
                          Did someone understand "The Miz" hiq answer to the joke. I just can't figure out what he said

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            it may be later in the week before i can get it done. I'm out of the office tuesday and wednesday, and if there really are 30 parts in the 7 hours, it'll take a bit of time simply to find them and extract them

But i'll do what i can and - depending on how big it is - put it up somewhere
                            The thirty parts are just how many pieces into which the YouTube uploader split the whole show.

Comment

someon the yahoo list brought up a good question about kush
                              Spoiler:

why wasn't ashley and biggy with them? (practicality, i'm sure it was a space issue)

but, practicality aside, why do you think it was just helen and will?

sigpic

Comment

From Shrinkage to Sanctuary lol. Which I still haven't seen.

Spoiler:
                                But, weren't they travelling in the last ep? It's not like Bigfoot can actually go anywhere right?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X