Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder that the Sanctuary Insider usually gets posted on Fridays so if anyone has questions..fire em' off to insider(at)sanctuaryforall.com
    James Graham: Stage 3 Media: www.stage3media.com
    Support Guru/Evangelist/Audience Relations
    http://www.sanctuaryforall.com

Comment

I have a question. When will the server allow me to download webisode 8?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        I have a question. When will the server allow me to download webisode 8?
        this week, if the move to the new server host goes as planned.

Comment

Thanks James.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS3M View Post
            Just a reminder that the Sanctuary Insider usually gets posted on Fridays so if anyone has questions..fire em' off to insider(at)sanctuaryforall.com

Hi James,

Thanks for taking time to answer questions! And thanks to all those involved in Sanctuary for all the hard work done so far in this venture. I'll try to post my question to the email address you gave, but I'll ask it here anyway.

I believe that DK, AT, and MW have all mentioned that TPTB of Sanctuary are in discussions with TV networks. My question is: How likely is it that Sanctuary (as a series, not just the pilot) will air on TV in the "somewhat near" future (say in late 2008 or 2009)? I'd love to see the show air on TV (and I would also like to get the DVDs as well down the road).

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
              I believe that DK, AT, and MW have all mentioned that TPTB of Sanctuary are in discussions with TV networks. My question is: How likely is it that Sanctuary (as a series, not just the pilot) will air on TV in the "somewhat near" future (say in late 2008 or 2009)? I'd love to see the show air on TV (and I would also like to get the DVDs as well down the road).
              tbh, I'd prefer it if they didn't. What country is it going to air on TV? It won't be Australia, I can tell you that. Why would I even want to watch it on TV when they same thing is available over the Internet? Why do I want to suffer through ad breaks? Why do we want tv execs meddling in it at all?
              I'd much prefer if they put their efforts into the show itself, rather than getting broadcasting deals. DVD's would be ok, but they'd have to have some serious extras put in to make them worthwhile since I already have HD copies of the episodes (ie better than DVD - except for sound mixing, but that's only if they mix a 5.1 soundtrack for the DVD's anyway).

Focus efforts on getting more episodes up as soon as its feasible. That would definitely be my preference. Then the promised 'interactivity'. TV deals are well at the bottom of my preferences

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                tbh, I'd prefer it if they didn't. What country is it going to air on TV? It won't be Australia, I can tell you that. Why would I even want to watch it on TV when they same thing is available over the Internet? Why do I want to suffer through ad breaks? Why do we want tv execs meddling in it at all?
                I'd much prefer if they put their efforts into the show itself, rather than getting broadcasting deals. DVD's would be ok, but they'd have to have some serious extras put in to make them worthwhile since I already have HD copies of the episodes (ie better than DVD - except for sound mixing, but that's only if they mix a 5.1 soundtrack for the DVD's anyway).

Focus efforts on getting more episodes up as soon as its feasible. That would definitely be my preference. Then the promised 'interactivity'. TV deals are well at the bottom of my preferences
                Good points, Agent Dark.

I guess I fit more into that audience that simply likes to watch a show on TV. I was referring, by the way, to selling the show (a series of episodes) to a TV network once the first set of episodes (say 23-15 hours worth) has aired on the internet -- not ever strictly going only to TV. I do plan to buy the first eight webisodes and put them on dvd to watch on TV. I just don't seem to have the time at this point to do so (or at least I don't feel I have the time) because I think it will take awhile.

Anyway, i do agree that they should focus on getting more episodes up as soon as feasible, which really seems to be maybe by Feb or March of 2008 if they start filming again in late fall?

Comment

personally?

unless they can get an iron clad 'execs will NOT stick their noses in' clause, as much of a pain in the butt that it is to get it downloaded via a friend, to always be 5 steps behind the fandom, to know that my lack of high speed makes most of the fandom and site off limits to me, i'd rather keep it the way it is.

so basically, i personally would rather have a good story that's limitedly available, than a network frakked up mess that's blanket marketed.

the worst thing to happen to tv is network executives 'consulting' on thier programing
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Sky I would rather Sanctuary stayed just on the internet, just b/c the TV PTB will maybe try to take control over it just like what happened with SG, so MHO is Sanctuary should stay solely on the 'net with the Sanctuary Team firmly in control maybe with DVD release in the future, I'd love to see some behind the scenes stuff and commentaries as well maybe as extra DLs. Just MHO though

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                      Hi James,

Thanks for taking time to answer questions! And thanks to all those involved in Sanctuary for all the hard work done so far in this venture. I'll try to post my question to the email address you gave, but I'll ask it here anyway.

Better than average if you consider the networks we've been talking to.
                      Damian just got back from Toronto and a meeting with some tv execs out there, so I'll try and pin him down and ask him.

Comment

Better than average if you consider the networks we've been talking to.
                        Damian just got back from Toronto and a meeting with some tv execs out there, so I'll try and pin him down and ask him.
                        Oooh, I would just love it if CityTV would show them, oh and Space of course too
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

We could use your help. Voting has officially opened for the 2007 PopVox Awards (www.popvoxawards.com) and Sanctuary has been nominated in the Best VFX and the Best Of BC categories. Voting is only open for 5 days so get your vote in quickly and tell your friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            personally?

unless they can get an iron clad 'execs will NOT stick their noses in' clause, as much of a pain in the butt that it is to get it downloaded via a friend, to always be 5 steps behind the fandom, to know that my lack of high speed makes most of the fandom and site off limits to me, i'd rather keep it the way it is.

so basically, i personally would rather have a good story that's limitedly available, than a network frakked up mess that's blanket marketed.

the worst thing to happen to tv is network executives 'consulting' on thier programing

Me too. that's a big part of the appeal for me. Networks underestimate the intelligence of the audience.

Comment

We could use your help. Voting has officially opened for the 2007 PopVox Awards (www.popvoxawards.com) and Sanctuary has been nominated in the Best VFX and the Best Of BC categories. Voting is only open for 5 days so get your vote in quickly and tell your friends...
                              Okay I voted, well I think I voted, all we had to do was go and click on which one we wanted Correct?
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                                Okay I voted, well I think I voted, all we had to do was go and click on which one we wanted Correct?
                                register.
                                go to category.
                                pick.
                                click vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X