No announcement yet.

Captain America: The First Avenger Movie News/Spoilers/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason I really want Krasinski to be Cap.....

Comment

I can't see any of these guys as Cap. When I think of Cap, I think of Aaron Eckhart. Half of these guys could be models, and are like 30. I can't see Cap like that, I see him as someone older, more experienced, more rough and none of these guys do that for me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I can't see any of these guys as Cap. When I think of Cap, I think of Aaron Eckhart. Half of these guys could be models, and are like 30. I can't see Cap like that, I see him as someone older, more experienced, more rough and none of these guys do that for me.
        Aaron Eckhart definitely has the look Cap......ah man I want Eckhart for Cap now!

Comment

Well at least I'm not the only one who can see Eckhart as Cap. I think he'd be a great Cap and he'd not seem like a kid running around acting like a big man.

sigpic

Comment

But isn't that what Cap was at the beginning? Rogers was 23 when he became Captain America in 1940. That means he only had, what, 5 years at the most on the job before he was became an Eskimo god. They'll have to cast relatively young or young-looking.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If they cast someone young, they can at least cast someone who doesn't look it, especially after being given the Super Soldier Serum. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see someone young looking in the role. Maybe if they had the character age after being defrosted (like that Mel Gibson film, Forever Young) to have an older actor as the role, then I'd be happy.

sigpic

Comment

Two cut from 'Captain America' running

Marvel has narrowed its list of candidates for the lead role in Captain America: The First Avenger down to three actors.

It was previously reported that John Krasinski, Chace Crawford, Mike Vogel, Michael Cassidy and Scott Porter were in line for the part. However, Cassidy and Porter have since ruled themselves out.

Porter wrote on his Facebook page: "Ain't Cap. Thank you all for the prayers though, I appreciate them all so very much." This was followed by an announcement on Cassidy's Twitter account confirming that he was also unsuccessful in his bid to portray the superhero.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...a-running.html

Comment

I really want Krasinski, I dunno why. Maybe its because i'm such a big of the US version of The Office.

Comment

Dane Cook Auditioning for Captain America?

Actor/ comedian, Dane Cook has posted on his Twitter account that he has an audition in Captain America.

"Im minus 7% body fat now, bones replaced w/lightweight scandium alloy! Had 2 get shredded 4 Captain America audition & standup tour."
                    about 3 hours ago
                    Update: Not knowing if he was joking or not, I asked Dane if he really was auditoning for the role, and he replied via Twitter:

"@Marvel_Freshman r u really auditioning 4 Captain America? Dc: I did already. They might b goin young. I say go RDJr route-gimme the part!
                    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15657

Disney's Jonas Brothers Read for Part in Marvel's Captain America Film

Besides the Dane Cook, Now, according to Hollywire, 2 of Disney's Jonas brothers have read for a part in Captain America.

According to Hollywire sources, casting has just begun for the newest Marvel film, Captain America. And if teen girls are to make the final decision then they will be happy to hear Joe Jonas and Kevin Jonas have already read lines for the upcoming film and are in contention for both Captain America and other characters in the film.

It was said Kevin Jonas had the better audition and was more natural. Its also been stated more casting still needs to take place before any decisions are made. But its interesting to see what direction the highly potential hit film is taking

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15659

Comment

If a Jonas brother gets casted in Captain America, I'm never watching it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        If a Jonas brother gets casted in Captain America, I'm never watching it.
                        Its not that big of a deal...

Comment

Yeah it is. The fact someone would even think "hey, I know, lets get a Jonas brother or two to audition" shows real bad judgement. Then we can wait to see about them casting Miley Cyrus as the new Mary Jane Watson and turn these movies into a Disneyfest.

sigpic

Comment

Captain America will be ... The Office's John Krasinski??

The beginning of March has come and gone without official word about who will play The First Avenger: Captain America, but rumors are flying that it's John Krasinski's to lose.

That's right: Jim Halpert from NBC's The Office has the role all but in the bag, according to a rumor on Fox 411:

Insiders at the Marvel compound tell Fox 411 that he is close to landing the superhero gig of his life. John, who plays Jim on "The Office," has appeared in front of producers repeatedly since the start of the new year and since rumors began in February. "John has read 4 times and is doing screen tests," our source tells us. "He has screen tested 2 times so far. It's very likely that he will be the new Captain America. He is a favorite among the key decision makers and has been asked to come back for more this week."
                            http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/captain...medium=twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Captain America will be ... The Office's John Krasinski??

The beginning of March has come and gone without official word about who will play The First Avenger: Captain America, but rumors are flying that it's John Krasinski's to lose.

That's right: Jim Halpert from NBC's The Office has the role all but in the bag, according to a rumor on Fox 411:

http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/captain...medium=twitter
                              As crazy as it sounds I hope he makes it!

Comment

John Krasinski: Captain America No More

The Krasinski/Cap rumors have been flowing non-stop over the past few weeks. Some sites have gone as far as stating that he has already been awarded the role. Though Marvel Studios has neither confirmed nor denied Krasinski's involvement with the project, new information from The Hollywood Reporter should put comic film fans at ease.

The site released a trade announcement tonight that Krasinski and his agents are currently negotiating for him to star in a romantic comedy opposite Ginnifer Goodwin titled Something Borrowed. The role is for a two picture deal, rare for this genre of films, the first of which will begin filming this Spring.

The First Avenger: Captain America director, Joe Johnston, is already in England prepping to begin shooting the film in June. To top it off, Krasinski's hit show on NBC, The Office, has been renewed for another season.

It's apparent that the actor's schedule is officially tied up for the rest of the year.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15699

Marvel Expanding Their Search For Captain America!!

From Deadline:
                                EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios and director Joe Johnston want to be really sure they’ve found the right actor to star in The First Avenger: Captain America.

Marvel has slightly expanded its search—adding actors that I’m told include Chris Evans, who already logged Marvel Comics superhero time as Johnny Storm/Human Torch in two Fantastic Four films. Of the original contenders, two are still in serious contention: Mike Vogel (Cloverfield) and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy).

Hedlund was on Marvel’s original wish list but didn't test at first. Scheduling was cited, but I also heard his reps balked when Marvel informed them that the job would include options for 9 future films and a salary around $300,000.

It’s not going to work out for the other actors who tested: Chace Crawford (CW's Gossip Girl), John Krasinski (NBC's The Office), Scott Porter (NBC's Friday Night Lights), Michael Cassidy (CW's Privileged) or Patrick Flueger (Brothers).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15693

Comment

Working...
                                X