Captain America: The First Avenger Movie News/Spoilers/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Avenger: Captain America will feature The Invaders, says Director

Joe Johnston has let out a lot at the press conference yesterday, including casting, locations, costume, and the villain. Well now over at CHUD, editor, Devin Faraci, reveals his conversation with Joe, featuring The Invaders.

"Yesterday I talked with The First Avenger: Captain America director Joe Johnston at the press day for The Wolfman, and he revealed to me that The Invaders were going to be a major presence in the film. 'They'll be in the entire second half,' he said.

Johnston also told me that The Invaders will be six members strong, so if you add Bucky and the Red Skull The First Avenger: Captain America might very well feature nine costumed characters, surely some kind of a record outside of a straight up team franchise like X-Men.

Earlier during the press conference Johnston had said that his Captain America would be played (hopefully) by a newcomer and that he would surrounded by name actors. Could The Invaders be roles for better known actors? The European team is definitely included as a way to sell a movie with Captain America overseas (Feige said as much at Comic Con), so why not throw some name actors in there?

Who will be on The Invaders? Johnston wouldn't say, but here are some possibilities, based on the comics"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14695

Comment

OMGWTFNAMOR?!?!
      The original Human Torch & Toro and Union Jack?! WIN!!
      Miss America and... *giggle* the Whizzer? Fail.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        OMGWTFNAMOR?!?!
        The original Human Torch & Toro and Union Jack?! WIN!!
        Miss America and... *giggle* the Whizzer? Fail.
        I don't even know who Miss America and the Whizzer is! I know alot of comics, and I don't at the same time. (Especially DC, I know practically nothing)

Comment

It just occurred to me that Captain America had some interactions with Wolverine during WW2. Personally I'd rather see a Hugh Jackman cameo (and even Liev Scribble or whatever he's called to fit in with the continuity of Origins) than a team of Superheroes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            It just occurred to me that Captain America had some interactions with Wolverine during WW2. Personally I'd rather see a Hugh Jackman cameo (and even Liev Scribble or whatever he's called to fit in with the continuity of Origins) than a team of Superheroes
            Unfortunately FOX currently owns Wolverine along with X-Men film rights so Wolverines appearance outside a Fox film is extremely unlikely.

Comment

Top Three Contenders for Captain America Revealed?

A supposedly trusted source has pointing out three contenders Marvel Studios is considering for the lead role in The First Avenger: Captain America. Follow the jump to see who they are. . .

According to BigShinyRobot.com, their reliable source in the Paramount/Marvel confirmed that the studio is indeed only considering unknowns/television actors to portray Captain America on the big screen.

"Apparently, when the script came in with World War II sequences (featuring the Invaders), the studio heads decided it was beyond their means to make this movie AND afford A-listers like Brad Pitt and Matt Damon."

The source, who remains unnamed, specifically pointed out Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) as being among the top choices.

We've already heard from other sites that both Murray and McPartlin have potentially read for the role, but this is the first (albeit unofficial) word that fan-favorite Jensen Ackles is in serious consideration. It looks like we'll have to wait until March 1st to find out solid news regarding this casting.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14729

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Unfortunately FOX currently owns Wolverine along with X-Men film rights so Wolverines appearance outside a Fox film is extremely unlikely.
                Ah balls, but if they really wanted to, I think something could be worked out. Just sucks though that despite it being Marvel, studios would still bicker and moan over small stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  Top Three Contenders for Captain America Revealed?

A supposedly trusted source has pointing out three contenders Marvel Studios is considering for the lead role in The First Avenger: Captain America. Follow the jump to see who they are. . .

According to BigShinyRobot.com, their reliable source in the Paramount/Marvel confirmed that the studio is indeed only considering unknowns/television actors to portray Captain America on the big screen.

"Apparently, when the script came in with World War II sequences (featuring the Invaders), the studio heads decided it was beyond their means to make this movie AND afford A-listers like Brad Pitt and Matt Damon."

The source, who remains unnamed, specifically pointed out Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) as being among the top choices.

We've already heard from other sites that both Murray and McPartlin have potentially read for the role, but this is the first (albeit unofficial) word that fan-favorite Jensen Ackles is in serious consideration. It looks like we'll have to wait until March 1st to find out solid news regarding this casting.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14729
                  I would love to see Ryan McPartlin as Cap, he definitely has the look.

Ah balls, but if they really wanted to, I think something could be worked out. Just sucks though that despite it being Marvel, studios would still bicker and moan over small stuff.
                  Indeed, Marvel does not have control over X-men, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Spider-Man.....yet, they won't get the rights back unless they stop making movies.

Comment

I can't see Marvel wanting the movies stopped just to get the rights back, when the royalties alone are worth the fortune for any movie that is made. That said, if Sam Jackson can get a role in a lot of these movies, I don't see why others can't, unless it's specifically stated that Jackson will only appear in the movies being made by one studio, which would be messed up.

sigpic

Comment

I can't see Marvel wanting the movies stopped just to get the rights back, when the royalties alone are worth the fortune for any movie that is made. That said, if Sam Jackson can get a role in a lot of these movies, I don't see why others can't, unless it's specifically stated that Jackson will only appear in the movies being made by one studio, which would be messed up.
                      It doesn't matter what Marvel wants as Fox and Sony have full control of whatever rights they still own. The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, Captain America, and whatever is next is done (or going to be done) by Marvel Studios at the helm and having control allowing stories more true to the comics including crossovers. Sam Jackson will appear in many movies, I believe he was contracted for about 9 movies(most of which are unknown at this time)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I don't even know who Miss America and the Whizzer is! I know alot of comics, and I don't at the same time. (Especially DC, I know practically nothing)
                        This is why God invented Wikipedia.

No Wolverine. Please. Even if the character might have been available... No. Just... No.
                        I'm partial to my Mr. Winchester as Mr. Rogers.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

another round of chris pine is captain america rumors being started
                          http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Could...ica-17046.html

Comment

Is This Captain America?

Rumor has it that Cap has been cast.

Both IESB and Screenrant point out a (now missing) article at Comic Book Movie that claims TV actor Robert Buckley has landed the title role in Marvel's forthcoming movie The First Avenger: Captain America.

We checked all over ComicBookMovie.com and couldn't find the existing article, while the link provided by IESB didn't work as of end of day PST Saturday. So we must caution you that this story should be deemed rumor until reported otherwise. The film's director, Joe Johnston, recently said the role of Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, would be cast by the end of this month.

Buckley, a 28 year-old native Californian, has appeared on TV series such as One Tree Hill, Lipstick Jungle, American Heiress and Fashion House. According to the IMDB, Buckley stands 6'2" and is a model-turned-actor.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1070830p1.html

Mark Millar On Captain America and The Avengers!

Den Of Geek recently sat down to talk to Mark Millar about Kick-Ass and during the interview asked him to share his thoughts on how he feels about the upcoming Captain America and Avengers movies being based off his and Bryan Hitch's iconic run on The Ultimates.

And speaking of your other books, this isn't about Kick-Ass, but I need to ask: were you intentionally writing Ultimates as an Avengers movie pitch? And now that they're making that movie, how would you feel if that's how it was used?

Well, they've already admitted they're doing it that way. Joe Johnston has said publically, the Captain America movie is going to be the first issue of Ultimates, plus the origin story, and then the Avengers movie will be material from Ultimates #2-#13, and maybe Ultimates Volume 2. I'm not speaking out of school, they've publically said this. And I'm flattered by it.

continues:
                            http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15101
                            Last edited by Madwelshboy; 24 February 2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

'Captain America' frontrunners unveiled

Marvel Studios and director Joe Johnson have singled out five frontrunners for the lead role in Captain America, Deadline Hollywood reports.

Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford, John Krasinski of The Office, Scott Porter of Friday Night Lights, Cloverfield's Mike Vogel and Michael Cassidy of Smallville are all in line for the part.

All five actors have agreed to test deals for the role. A source indicated that whoever lands the part must sign on for nine other options, including potential sequels to the film and 2012's Avengers.

Tron Legacy actor Garrett Hedlund was also sought for the project, but the studio was unable to reach a deal with him.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-unveiled.html

FINALLY! Concrete news! This debunks a few of the past rumors. Nikki goes on to talk about the salary for the actor who gets the role being at $300,000 for the first movie, but get this, the actor who gets the gig has to sign on for a nine picture deal! That's a total of ten films with at least a Captain America cameo in it, obviously including The Avengers!
                              UPDATED: A source over at schofizzymoviereview.blogspot.com is saying that he has been sitting on the rumor that John Krasinski has the Captain America role all but officially locked in. Meaning John is the Man! No official confirmation but stay tuned for further announcements!
                              http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15220

Exclusive Audio Interview: Captain America Director Joe Johnston

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15204
                              Last edited by Madwelshboy; 24 February 2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Jensen Ackles Added To The Captain America Short List!

According to Collider, Jensen Ackles is still in contention to play Captain America.

They are reporting that there are seven, not six actors on the short list.

John Krasinski, Scott Porter, Garrett Hedlund, Chace Crawford, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel have already been reported all over the net. Collider adds Jensen Ackles to the list.

Collider reports that the problem with both Hedlund and Ackles is scheduling. His commitment to Supernatural seems to conflict with the Captain America shooting schedule. I find it hard to believe something could not be worked out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15230

Another Name Added to the Captain America Short List

The number of actors in the running for the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America keeps rising! According to the HeatVisionBlog which is connected with TheHollywoodReporter, they updated their list and added another name:

Wilson Bethel of Generation Kill!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captai.../news/?a=15249

Comment

Working...
                                X