No announcement yet.

Captain America: The First Avenger Movie News/Spoilers/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige! - On "The First Avenger: Captain America"

Feige confirmed that it's "primarily" a period piece that takes place during WWII. He said they went and looked at Raiders of the Lost Ark, which he says he "didn't know" was a period piece when he was watching it. They want to make Captain America with the "same level of fun" as that. And in regards to director Joe Johnston, he said that this would be a little bit of The Rocketeer, lots of October Sky, and a little bit of the ship designs that Johnston did for Star Wars, alluding to how this is the perfect movie for him to direct. "It's the movie his entire career has been leading towards."

He also confirmed that Bucky Barnes would indeed be in Captain America. When asked if he'll appear, Feige said "it's a safe bet" that he'd be in the movie "in some capacity".

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=7876

Comment

Another Unknown Wants To Be Cap!

According to The Coventry Telegraph who as I reported earlier this week ran a poll of who fans would most like to see portray Captain America (a poll in which Jensen Ackles won by a HUGE majority!) another up-and-coming US actor has shown interest in portraying the star spangled Avenger...

Davis Anderson, who has lived in Los Angeles for almost two years, where he is studying acting, and will appear in the 2010 release Caravaggio: The Search, a comedy drama about the tortured life of the Italian artist.

Anderson said: "I realise Marvel are on the casting prowl for Captain America and who better to play the role of Captain America than an unknown such as myself. I am physically fit, a patriot of the USA and believe I would be right for the role. Of course, I am an unknown actor so Marvel fans might question the choice at first, but I think they'd find I was perfect for them."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7907

Comment

Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Finberg confirmed that the working title of the Captain America film is The First Avenger: Captain America. That would introduce both Cap and lead into the concept of The Avengers, which would follow. "It's something we're considering and really at the end of the day, everyone is going to know that he is Captain America," Finberg said in an exclusive interview.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-th...rs-movie-s.php

Comment

Ed Brubaker Consulting on The First Avenger: Captain America

The Captain America: Reborn Writer is most likely going to be called upon to help Marvel bring us “The First Avenger: Captain America to the big screen.
          Looks like Marvel made the move that makes the most sense. Ed Brubaker goes on to say:

“I've seen the preliminary stuff for the movie, a year or so ago before (Marvel) hired the new screenwriter and director,” Brubaker states. “I know Kevin Feige was talking about bringing me in when they put together the ‘Captain America’ brain trust for the movie, like they did for ‘Iron Man’ with Matt Fraction and (Brian) Bendis.”

Ed Brubaker the mastermind that is behind the Captain America: Reborn #1 story line that just hit shelves today mentioned that he has been involved with the movie early on in the filmmaking process, and that he is pretty sure Kevin will call upon him once again.

“I think the talk has been that I'll be part of that brain trust along with Bendis and a few other people,” states Ed.

Off course nothing is official yet, but with Brubaker's five year run on Captain America the writer is definitely the guy most likely to get the job.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=8343

Comment

SDCC: Updates on Thor, Captain America movies

Meanwhile, Feige said that The First Avenger: Captain America is on the production path after Thor, so it will be a bit longer before they cast Cap. "I think it'll be a few months," Feige added.

Prep is fully underway on Captain, though, even though director Joe Johnston has not even wrapped his current production. "We already have some concept artists working on it," Feige continued. "Joe Johnston's finishing up Wolfman now, but he comes with us and we're already deep into the script and was in the office last week with us. He starts officially, and we open the offices officially in October."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-up...-thor-capt.php

Comment

Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers, Nick Fury, Thor, And Captain America!!

Q: How is Captain America shaping up?

Kevin: Captain America is going to start prep in October. We already have some concept artists working on it. Joe Johnston's finishing up Wolfman now, but we're already deep into the script and he was in the office with us, last week. He starts officially, and we open the offices officially, in October.
              http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=8843

Comment

Marvel details 'Captain America' movie

Marvel Studios has revealed details of its upcoming film project Captain America: The First Avenger.

Speaking at last week's Comic-Con International, company exec Kevin Feige confirmed that the movie will serve as an origin story for Steve Rogers, taking place during the Second World War.

"This movie is Steve Rogers's origin story, and I think it is our burden to make Steve Rogers as appealing as any of our other characters... he's not just the perfect boy scout who follows order every time. He has ideals he wants to live up to," he explained.

"Setting it in World War II - the Marvel version of World War II - I think is gonna open it up in another big way... What's funny is it will actually end up being, I think, our most diverse and our most international film, in terms of the content of the movies itself," he added.

Potential villains for the movie were also discussed, with Feige confirming that the Red Skull and terrorist organisation Hydra are currently being considered as the film's antagonists.

Production on the Joe Johnston-directed project is expected to begin in June next year

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/a...ica-movie.html

Comment

Kevin Feige Spills Loads of Info on Marvel Movies!

On Captain America:

How is “First Avenger: Captain America” shaping up?

“Captain” is going to start prep in October. We already have some concept artists working on it. Joe Johnston is finishing up “Wolfman” now. We’re deep into the script and he was in the office with us recently. We open the offices officially in October.

How close are you to actually announcing the “Captain America” cast?

I think it will be a few months.

On Nick Fury:

How large will Nick Fury’s role be in “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America?”

You know, that remains to be seen. I think Sam Jackson’s gone on the record as saying that he hasn’t busted into bad-ass action mode yet. At the end of the first one, for the people who were patient enough to wait through the end credits, they met this guy named Nick Fury. They or Tony had no idea who he was. In this movie, he opens that door a little bit more for Tony and invites him to walk through it. Tony may or may not do that in this movie. But Nick Fury is the conduit through which all the characters will connect.

In that case, how important was it for you to sign Sam Jackson for all of those films?

We wanted to do it. We wanted to do it for the continuity and clearly he had inspired the Ultimate Comics incarnation of Nick Fury of the past ten years. So we were very happy when we got him involved in all of the movies.
                  http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=9453

Comment

The First Avenger: Captain America
                    Release Date: July 22, 2011
                    Development Status: The last major Marvel movie prior to the ensemble Avengers film will feature the first Avenger of them all. First Avenger: Captain America will focus on the early days of Steve Rogers and his transformation into Captain America. The current script appears to be set almost entirely in WWII, with Cap's final act of heroism and his subsequent freezing likely serving as the film's climax.

Originally, Marvel Studios planned to debut the Cap movie in early 2011 and have it lead directly into the Avengers film a few months later. While this movie will probably still set the stage for Avengers, the gap between them has now widened to a full year. Captain America now has a script and a director (Jurassic Park 3's Joe Johnston), but as expected, the search for an actor to portray Cap is long and difficult. At one point rumors swirled that Will Smith would don the blue chain mail, but it seems more likely at this point that the filmmakers will choose a relative unknown for the part.
                    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Ackles 'denies Captain America rumour'

Jensen Ackles has dismissed reports that he will be cast in the title role for forthcoming movie Captain America.

The Supernatural star was asked about the rumours at exhibition Supernatural-Con in Vancouver, Canada.

He said: "It's been brought to my attention that it's online. I have not gotten a call from my agent, I have not gotten a script, I have not talked to anyone about it. I think it's all a rumour."

He added: "I'm sure [they'll cast] some big name film actor. They're not going to pull some dude off The CW and give him Captain America. I'm squashing it now, I know nothing about it."

Actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt have also been speculated as potential leads to portray US soldier-turned-superhero Steve Rogers in Captain America: The First Avenger.

The picture is expected to begin production in June 2010 for release in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ca-rumour.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Ackles 'denies Captain America rumour'

Jensen Ackles has dismissed reports that he will be cast in the title role for forthcoming movie Captain America.

The Supernatural star was asked about the rumours at exhibition Supernatural-Con in Vancouver, Canada.

He said: "It's been brought to my attention that it's online. I have not gotten a call from my agent, I have not gotten a script, I have not talked to anyone about it. I think it's all a rumour."

He added: "I'm sure [they'll cast] some big name film actor. They're not going to pull some dude off The CW and give him Captain America. I'm squashing it now, I know nothing about it."

Actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt have also been speculated as potential leads to portray US soldier-turned-superhero Steve Rogers in Captain America: The First Avenger.

The picture is expected to begin production in June 2010 for release in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ca-rumour.html
                        If Jensen did end up getting the role, I would probably have a hard time not thinking of him as Dean.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

'Captain America' film to 'rock socks off'

Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has said that the Captain America film will be an "unexpected" superhero movie.

Scheduled for release in 2011, The First Avenger: Captain America will follow a man unfit for military service who volunteers to take part in a research project that turns him into a World War II superhero.

"I've seen a couple of outlines and an initial screenplay, and it's going to rock everyone's socks off," Comic Book Resources quotes Quesada as saying. "It's very unexpected, the kind of movie it is."

Quesada explained that Captain America would lead into ensemble superhero film The Avengers in "a fantastic way" and a wish list of actors to play the Marvel hero has been drawn up.

Joe Johnston will direct The First Avenger: Captain America from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...socks-off.html

Comment

I have a lot of hope for this movie.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I have a lot of hope for this movie.
                              Me to, though i expect it not to make as much money outside the US, compared to iron man 2 and possibly Thor. Fans of the character will go an see it, but will general audiances international want to see something called Captain America?

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Me to, though i expect it not to make as much money outside the US, compared to iron man 2 and possibly Thor. Fans of the character will go an see it, but will general audiances international want to see something called Captain America?

they might just call it "The First Avenger" outside of America.
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X