X-Men Origins: Wolverine Series of Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates Leak Wolverine Movie Online!

It's a rough cut from a screener dvd with unfinished score and CGI, but its available for viewing, and here's a review...

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS

Spoiler:
    The film is exactly as we have been told, and its bad folks. It opens in Canada with the murdering of Logan (called James) father, he then kills the man who murdered his father(bone claws and all), but the murder's last breath tells James that He was his real father. Young James and Victor run away, then it cuts into an opening credit where their seen fighting in various wars(its very Watchmen-ish the way the credits are).

The first 20 minutes or so are actually(surprise) pretty good. After being recruited by Striker, James(Jimmie) and Victor are put in a team with Wraith, a skinny version of Blob, Wade Wilson, Beak, and Agent Zero. They are in an African country hunting down a man who found a piece of meter roc that will be latter melted down to make the adamantium. The clear standout in these scenes is Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson, and hes cracking jokes and well basically pulling off WW very well (theres even a funny/awkward elevator scene where WW breaks the tension). As the team is killing these villagers to motivate someone to help them find the meteor, Logan quits.

Now this is where the film takes a turn for the worse. There about 30 minutes of Logan just living a normal life with Silverfox. ITS VERY BORING. Striker turns up again to offer Logan a spot in Weapon X, but he decline, while this is happening we learn that Victor is hunting down his old team. Striker warns Logan about Victor, but Logan claims he can take care of himself. In short, victor 'kill's silverfox and to get his revenge on Victor, he joins Weapon X. In short he joins, they put the metal in him, and he escapes and finds refuge i an old couples house. The old couple are killed by Agent Zero, and this starts the helicopter/hummer vs. wolverine fight from the trailers. Now this fight was just really boring, predictable, and goofy in a bad way. Wolverine kill everyone and everything (bye-bye Agent Zero) and learns that striker is behind all this.

The next part of the film i basically skipped through, IT WAS THAT BORING. Wolvie find wraith and blob who tell him to find Gambit, so that way Gambit can show wolvie where Strikers secret base is at. Meanwhile Victor is basically rounding up mutants for striker to use for Weapon XI(killing wraith). theres more cheesy and goofy fighting within these scenes(even wolvie cutting down a fire escape from the side of a building and while its landing on him literally cutting it into a million pieces with a giant combo move).

Gambit then takes wolvie in his crappy plane to 3 mile island where he confronts Striker, who then tells Logan that sliverfox wasn't killed. He gets pissed and leaves the lab to find victor about to finally kill silver fox, then fight and he saves her, then they find all the captured mutants and free them. As their leaving, Deadpool/Weapon XI comes in Darth Maul style, and while wolvie stays to fight, the other run out the back. Silverfox is shot by a soldier on the run out and dies from her injuries.

Now heres where Fox really screwed Deadpool over..... he is controlled by a computer, which is operated by Striker. So Deadpool sees in a kinda terminator vision where he gets direct commands from striker. Striker gives the order for DP to kill wolvie and a big fight begins. DP is basically kicking wolvies ass, so wolvie gets the brilliant idea to climb up one of the reactors so the can fight on top. DP teleports up there (wraiths dna) and a long fight begins, wolvie and DP are knocked off and victor appears out of nowhere to grab wolvie, and help him fight DP. then DP starts to activate his cyclops eyes, blasting the crap out of the reactor. Hear was a really weird part, he shoots his beams at wolvie who blocks them with his blades, and while hes blocking it it heats up the blades red hot. so then victor distracts DP long enough for wolvie to get behind him and to cut his head off with the hot blades. As his head falls the beams are still going off and this makes tears holes in the reactor causing it to crumble.

Striker then goes out to find wolvie, shoots him with the 'magic bullet' , professor X does show up briefly to help the captured mutants, but Gambit helps wolvie get out of the place.

End movie.

NOW to the scene after the credits.....Deadpool fans hold your hearts, cause this will hurt.

the scene is just logan sitting in a japanese bar, he keeps asking for drinks and the bartender ask him if hes: 'drinking to forget'. He then replies, 'no, im just drinking to remember'. It should also be noted that it looked like Logan had a top not and long hair in this scene, which appears to set-up a sequel which him going through the Japanese training's.

So in all i was way more disappointed than i thought i could be. Its an overall very crappy story, and it doesn't flow well at all. I really hoped Fox would take care of Deadpool better, and there are rumors that the after credit scene will be switched out, but from this film it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a Deadpool movie soon, and i think Ryan Reynolds knew this and even hinted at it in recent interviews.

Ok the Positives. Standouts were the acting of Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Weapon XI, and Taylor Kitsch as Gambit (i would actually be disappointed if he wasn't Gambit in any sequels). Hugh was great as Wolvie,but we've seen this act 3 times before. Liev was good, and the rest of the cast performed well also, it was just the story that dragged this movie down for me.

Who should see this? if you liked the other X-Men, try this, see it and judge for yourself. If your a Deadpool Fan, see it for Ryan Reynolds performance, but you might not want to stick around unless you really want to see Fox turn the Great Deadpool, into a Bakarra Terminator.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=6824

Comment

Wow it does sound pretty cliched, judging from the review. So basically Deadpool is now a
      Spoiler:
      remote controlled jack-of-all-mutants?!
      That's kinda lame IMO.

Has anybody seen the actual leaked copy and what do you think of it? I really hope the finished version won't be as bad as the review says it is or there goes my hope of seeing it on the big screen.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like an April fools to me.
        sigpic
        Awesome sig by Laura
        "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
        Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

It's not

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
            Wow it does sound pretty cliched, judging from the review. So basically Deadpool is now a
            Spoiler:
            remote controlled jack-of-all-mutants?!
            That's kinda lame IMO.

Has anybody seen the actual leaked copy and what do you think of it? I really hope the finished version won't be as bad as the review says it is or there goes my hope of seeing it on the big screen.
            Tho i havent actually read it, even tho i posted it! i did see the rating at the end. but ive also read a non spoiler review on another site that give it a higher rating. plus this is NOT the finished product anyway, as this version dose not contain the additional footage shot in vancover at the start of the year.

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
            Sounds like an April fools to me.
            Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            It's not
            No if not an April fool, if it was every major entertainment site around the world wouldnt be reporting on it

Comment

Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on websites. It was without many effects and had missing scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it. The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law - the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts and the last person who committed such a crime is still in jail. The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning piracy and this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on websites. It was without many effects and had missing scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it. The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law - the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts and the last person who committed such a crime is still in jail. The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning piracy and this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film.
                Is this an April Fools joke or are you for real??
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  Is this an April Fools joke or are you for real??
                  Thats not a joke its the Fox press release about the leak - their out for blood.

the link is here:- http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...rine-leak.html
                  Last edited by Madwelshboy; 01 April 2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

'Wolverine' leak: Hollywood's mixed response

When a high-quality, full-length work print of X-Men Origins: Wolverine surfaced on Internet bittorrent sites last night, early speculation was that this was a doomsday scenario for Fox and the filmmakers behind the tentpole, which is not due to be released until May 1. The response today from competing producers and studio execs, however, has been more measured. One producer behind another major summer franchise insists that while piracy is a serious problem that needs a "focused and visionary response" from the movie industry, a leak like this may not actually cut that deeply into Wolverine's ticket sales.

"People who are going to download and watch it on their computer were either never going to pay to see it anyway or they're the type of super-fan who was going to go 10 times in the first week," he says, citing a leaked version of Iron Man that circulated a week before its blockbuster opening. "Seeing a spectacle movie like this one on your computer is not the same as seeing with a communal audience, and I don't think this is going to hurt them that much."

On the other hand, a high-ranking theater exhibitor sees much more dire consequences for the franchise. "This is a disaster," he says, referring both to the free downloads resulting from the leak and to the subsequent bad reviews making their way around the Web. "It's tens of millions of dollars lost."

It's certainly a sign of our digital file swapping times, and many in Hollywood are viewing it as a chilling cautionary tale. "If there's been a tutor in my life about this stuff, it's Steven Spielberg," says director Brad Silberling, whose Land of the Lost is due to hit theaters June 5. "There's a reason why directors are control freaks. Between marketing and publicity and all the other areas that get their hands on a film, you have to monitor it. You never like hearing about something like this happening an inch away from a movie being released."

Fox and the filmmakers have released an official response, vowing to track down whoever is behind the leak, while competing studio execs seem to be engaging in some wishful prognosticating about whether audiences will still show up for the big theater experience, regardless of other cheaper options. "That movie is a spectacle and the audience wants spectacle," says the exec with his own tentpoles due for release this summer. "I predict it still opens with a seven in front of it."-- Additional reporting by Nicole Sperling and Josh Rottenberg

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...ine-pirac.html

Comment

Ryan Reynolds Reveals NEW Deadpool Facts!

In the UK film magazine, TOTAL FILM (MAY 2009, ISSUE 154) has an interview with Ryan Reynolds. In it he says,

Spoiler:
                      "Deadpool is impervious to injury. He has super-healing ability and adamantium coarsing through his blood stream. And yes, he has blades coming out of his hands too"

In a desperate attempt to survive the cancer that's killing him, Wilson volunteers to have his mind and body genetically mutated using the same DNA as a certain hairy former Weapon X experiment.

The magazine also goes on to say, 'Thanks to his genetic process, Deadpool becomes horribly scarred' and that, 'The same cancerous side effects cause Deadpool's brain to constantly re-write itself, making him mentally unstable'

Reynolds says Deadpool has one mission, "To hunt down Wolverine. He's on autopilot: search and destroy. At the beginning, they have a contentious relationship, but that evolves into something much darker by the end of the film"

After spending more time talking about working with Hugh Jackman and martial arts training he finally says, "I think if they do find a way to create a Deadpool that's true to the origins of the ccomic book then I'd love that. This story is more the humble beginnings of Deadpool. But if he were to evolve into the character from the comic books that I know and love, then I'd do anything to play that guy"

So, what does this mean for the present and future of Deadpool..?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=6838

Comment

it a pretty good film, even without all of the special effects.

Thanks to the bloke/women who leaked it.

Comment

"The courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts" the studio noted.

Both the FBI and the Motion Picture Association of America are "actively investigating" the crime.

The film is not due for release until 29 April in the UK and 1 May in the US.

Fox called the leaked movie a "stolen, incomplete and early version".

Viewers reported that green screens and wires attached to actors were still visible.

One user wrote on film website aintitcool.com: "The CGI is missing and the movie looks horrible without it. Even if you see the workprint you're still going to have to go see it in the theatre to fully experience the full movie with CGI effects fully intact."

Fox confirmed the film "was without many effects and had missing scenes and temporary sound and music."

A statement from the studio said that once the film was discovered online they "immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed".

The studio added that because their content is forensically marked they should be able to trace the person who uploaded it.

A brief caption at the beginning of the film reads 'Rising Sun Pictures' and is dated 2 March, 2009.

According to its website, Rising Sun Pictures is an Australian visual effects company that worked on the film and is currently working on production of Terminator Salvation.

However, there is no evidence to suggest the company was involved in the leak.
                          The film features many special effects, not all of which are in the leaked copy

The Federation Against Copyright Theft said a leak of this kind was extremely unusual as pre-release security had been tightened in recent years.

Access to a whole film is severely restricted, with post production workers being given small portions of the movie to work on and measures put in place to stop it being copied on to disc.

Spokesperson Eddy Leviten explained: "No-one working on a film in any capacity wants to see their hard work released through illegal means - piracy is not a fun thing."

Although several reviews of the incomplete film have appeared online, Fox was quick to praise the reaction of web users to the leak.

"We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning piracy and this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors and, above all, hurts fans of the film" the studio said.

In 2007 director Eli Roth blamed an online leak of his horror film Hostel: Part II for reducing box office returns.

In an interview with MTV he claimed: "You could buy Hostel: Part II for a quarter in Mexico City. As a result, in a lot of countries where the piracy was bad, they just didn't even release it."

The leak came as a new campaign against film piracy launched in UK cinemas.

In a change from recent years, the adverts move away from the message that piracy is theft.

Audiences will instead see a trailer, fronted by Dr Who actor Noel Clarke, thanking them for paying to come and watch a film.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7978379.stm

Comment

The FBI have already raided the datacenter of NN Fibernet and confiscated multiple HD's / servers in conjunction with this leak

Comment

The FBI have already raided the datacenter of NN Fibernet and confiscated multiple HD's / servers in conjunction with this leak
                              Like that'll help. It already hit the major outlets and due to the Streisand effect it'll be spread faster than a wildfire in a very dry area. Besides, those servers were probably cracked and rooted to be used as bouncers and distro hubs.

Also, why on Earth is the FBI investigating something as unimportant as a film leak? Shouldn't they be investigating those lovely people on Wall Street?

A statement from the studio said that once the film was discovered online they "immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed".
                              Bull****. Once it's out there it's nigh impossible to remove it.

Anyway, short summary of what probably happened for the interested: It's kinda like with The Ark of Truth, an unfinished internal version of the film was stolen/leaked from the special effects studio.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I wasn't surprised at all when I heard this earlier today.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X