Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clifton Collins Jr. Debunks Involvement in Thor

"Absolutely nothing," said Clifton. "I have nothing to do with that piece." Despite being active on Twitter with updates that were perceived as hints of his involvement in Thor, Collins Jr. told TheDeadbolt that Thor is now in his rear view acting mirror. "That was a long time ago," admitted Clifton who will soon be seen in the long awaited Troy Duffy helmed Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. "I wasn't really getting into it," Collins Jr. elaborated on Thor. "I was just preparing stuff. It's a fantastic director, a great piece, but I have absolutely nothing to do with it."

Following up on the Thor related Twitter activity and his study of Thor, the CMT award winning director of the Zac Brown Band's video for "Chicken Fried" gave TheDeadbolt insight into why he mentioned on Twitter that he was studying Thor. "I study everything a lot," Clifton revealed in looking back on his Twitter updates and his meeting for Thor. "I like to get into it and it's been hard to juggle stuff with the videos and everything else. But I'm learning and I'm getting better at it."

When asked if he could tell us the specific Thor character that he read for in the upcoming comic book adaptation, Clifton Collins Jr. was bound by the mighty Marvel in that he couldn't tell us what Thor character was potentially up for Clifton Collins Jr. grabs.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...d/news/?a=8357

Comment

Natalie Portman joins cast of Marvel's Thor

Natalie Portman, no stranger to sci-fi and comic-based movies, is reportedly joining the cast of Kenneth Branagh's adaptation of Marvel's Thor opposite Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth.

Here's how The Hollywood Reporter carries the news:

Portman has been cast to star as Jane Foster, who in early comic-book lore was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The studio said the character will be updated for the feature adaptation. Chris Hemsworth is already cast as Thor. Tom Hiddleston is Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain. ...
      Principal photography for the film is set for early 2010. The film will be released in the U.S. on May 20, 2011, distributed by Paramount Pictures.

The casting of Portman calls into question earlier reports that the movie would be set almost entirely in the supernatural world of Thor and the Norse gods.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/natalie...-joins-cas.php

Comment

Official Synopsis

Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
        http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...d/news/?a=8529

Comment

SDCC: Updates on Thor, Captain America movies

Thor found its Norse war god in Chris Hemsworth, and Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston have also joined director Kenneth Branagh's comic-book adaptation, and on Saturday at Comic-Con, Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said to expect more casting announcements soon.

"I think we're nearing, closing in on Odins and Heimdals and the Warriors Three, which we're excited about," Feige said in a group interview in San Diego, where he was promoting Iron Man 2. "We're about halfway through prep. We start filming in January."

Feige estimated that about 30 percent of Thor would take place in the present day, which suggests a film favoring the historical Norse mythology.

continues:
          http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-up...-thor-capt.php

Comment

Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers, Nick Fury, Thor, And Captain America!!

Q: How are Kenneth Branagh and your lead actor developing Thor?

Kevin: Kenneth is great. We've got Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and we've got Chris Hemsworth as Thor. I can't wait until next year, when we bring all of those guys out to Comic-Con. Natalie Portman's on board, which we've mentioned. I think we're nearing, closing in on Odin and Heindel and the Warriors Three, which we're excited about. We're about halfway through prep. We start filming in January.

Q: What sold you on Chris Hemsworth?

Kevin: It's one of those rare things that doesn't happen often, but people like me always say it, so it probably sounds cliché. We auditioned a lot of people. We did a lot of screen tests. We put a lot of people on video. And, one guy just kept popping out, and that was Chris. You realize, regardless of what he's saying or how he's saying it, that you're engaged with him. It's that movie star quality, which he has. And, thankfully, he looks like Thor, which is a good combination.

Q: How much is set present day?

Kevin: Maybe 30%.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=8843

Comment

Quote:
              Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
              Could the Thor movie lead directly into the Avengers? Considering the communication between the Cap, Thor and Ironman writers, the story of the Thor movie has to have some effect on those aswell.

All I know is that this movie is going to be awesome. It doesn't seem to be your ordinary comic book superhero movie, it seems more akin to the fantasy genre, that is, until Thor comes to Earth.
              sigpic

Comment

Kevin Feige Spills Loads of Info on Marvel Movies!

On Thor:

How is “Thor” coming along and when does it start shooting?

Kenneth Branagh is great and we’ve got Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth and I can’t wait till next year when we bring all of those guys to Comic-Con. Natalie Portman is on board, which we’ve mentioned. We are about halfway through prep and we start shooting in January.

Finally, what sold you on Chris Hemsworth as Thor? What made you say, “This is the God of Thunder?”

It’s one of those rare things that doesn’t happen often but people like me always say it so it probably sounds cliché. But we auditioned a lot of people. We did a lot of screen tests. We put a lot of people on video. One guy just kept popping out. It was Chris. And you realized, regardless of what he’s saying or how he’s saying it, you’re engaged with him. It’s that movie star quality which I think he has. And, thankfully, he looks like Thor, which is a good combination.

On Nick Fury:

How large will Nick Fury’s role be in “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America?”

You know, that remains to be seen. I think Sam Jackson’s gone on the record as saying that he hasn’t busted into bad-ass action mode yet. At the end of the first one, for the people who were patient enough to wait through the end credits, they met this guy named Nick Fury. They or Tony had no idea who he was. In this movie, he opens that door a little bit more for Tony and invites him to walk through it. Tony may or may not do that in this movie. But Nick Fury is the conduit through which all the characters will connect.

In that case, how important was it for you to sign Sam Jackson for all of those films?

We wanted to do it. We wanted to do it for the continuity and clearly he had inspired the Ultimate Comics incarnation of Nick Fury of the past ten years. So we were very happy when we got him involved in all of the movies.
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=9453

Comment

Diora Baird's Thor Audition was for a "Pretty but Sturdy" Character

Sif? Valkyrie? The Enchantress? Who? Seems like ALL Asgardian females fit that description, and Diora won't say.

Heres the info from MTV Splash Page:

Actress Diora Baird announced on Twitter this week that she had an audition for a role in the upcoming Kenneth Branagh-directed “Thor.”

According to Baird, she had an audition for a character described as “pretty, but sturdy with muscle.”

“Damn type casting,” she wrote.

However, when asked which character she auditioned for, Baird responded, “I can't say. I'll go to jail. For real. Had to sign my soul away.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=9495

Comment

Movie Wars: Thor vs. Spider-Man 4

First, it was announced that Spider-Man 4 had an official release date of May 6, 2011, the date formerly listed as the release date of The First Avenger: Captain America, and then it was announced that Kirsten Dunst would be reprising the role of Mary Jane Watson in the film.

However, what everyone seemed to overlook is the release date of another Marvel superhero movie: Thor is slated to open May 20, 2011. This means that two Marvel characters will be in direct competition with one another for early summer blockbuster bucks, which is not a good thing for comic book movie fans.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10138

Comment

Thor
                      Release Date: May 20, 2011
                      Development Status: The God of Thunder has pulled in Kenneth "Shakespeare" Brannagh to direct and Oscar-nominee Natalie Portman to play Jane Foster. A promising line-up of talent for your first movie.

Marvel is keeping Thor close to the vest, as the project is a tougher sell to mainstream audiences than Spidey or Shellhead. Middle Earth and Hogwarts are box office gold, sure, but Norse Gods who hide in mortal shells and live in Asgard is unproven. Packaging the film with A-list talent, and casting Captain Kirk's dad from the new Star Trek movie as the titular hero, are steps in the right direction. Jessica Biel is currently orbiting the project as well, which doesn't hurt Thor's box office chances either. The story will pit Thor opposite Tom Hiddleston as Loki , and promises to be a movie worthy of the character's epic origins. The risk on this project not hitting with summer-friendly audiences is higher than Marvel may like, but that will change whenever Marvel decides to roll out our first look of the Thor costume and a teaser.
                      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Thor Movie Cast Additions

Jaimie Alexander and Colm Feore are added to the cast of Marvel Studios' feature film adaptation of its Thor comic book, joining Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster and Tom Hiddleston as Loki.

Alexander will play Sif, a fierce Asgardian warrior and one of Thor's love interests. Feore will play an as-yet-unnamed villain.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10292

Jaimie Alexander: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1526352/
                        Best known for her role as Jessi XX on Kyle XY and Molly Briggs on Bones.

Colm Feore: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272173/
                        Known for his role as First Gentleman Henry Taylor on 24.

Comment

Skarsgard to star in Branagh's 'Thor'

Stellan Skarsgard has been cast in Kenneth Branagh's Marvel Comics adaptation Thor, according to Swedish news site Ystads Allehanda.

It has not been revealed what role Skarsgard will take in the project, which is based on the Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby comic series.

Jaimie Alexander (Kyle XY), Colm Feore, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman have already been confirmed for the project.

Hemsworth will play the title role, while Portman is the love interest, nurse Jane Foster. Hiddleston is cast as villain Loki.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...aghs-thor.html

Comment

Official Thor Casting Calls

[MARCY LEWIS]

(20) Is a college student. Aloof, jaded beyond her years, she thought her internship with scientist Kate Spelling would be an easy 6 college credits. However, she's been stuck for months in this small New Mexico town and relegated to a wide range of unglamorous activities. Kate has been particularly hard on Marcy, making it her personal project to see that Marcy lives up to her potential. Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass

[WARRIORS]

A fearless warrior race, where size, strength and ferocity define a member's rank in both the social and military hierarchy. Warriors born in this society face the harshest ecological conditions imaginable and thrive in environments where lesser creatures, including humans, quickly perishes. Theirs is a world created to cull weakness from the universe to ensure their supreme sovereignty spreads across the stars. MUST BE 6'2 OR TALLER sptv050769, NO BODYBUILDER TYPES. SAG ROLE BUT NO LINES. MUST BE COMFORTABLE WEARING PROSTHETICS.
                            http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10764

Video: Brian Michale Bendis Updates Thor and Avengers Movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10755

Comment

Brian Michael Bendis: Thor Script is "Very, Very Good"

The critically acclaimed comic book writer shares his thoughts on Thor and how the upcoming Marvel movies will intertwine with each other.

At the Baltimore Comic-Con's 'Marvel: Your Universe' panel, the first question directed to the group asked how much the upcoming Marvel movies would link up with each other. Bendis recapped that "Thor" would be coming out first in May 2011, with "The First Avenger: Captain America" movie hitting theaters the following June or July. He also confirmed again that all of the movies would have certain threads that run through for those excited to see connections.

"I'm Thor. A Jewy Thor," Bendis said when asked about casting for the flicks. On more of a serious note, the "New Avengers" writer added, "I was reading the new script just last night. Very, very good."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10899

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Or fail, miserably.
                                Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                                They had to fake the ratings
                                They had to fake the ratings.
                                Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Working...
                                X