X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

Comment

None of that ridiculous X-Men logo rebranding that happened for X-Men 1. Good.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        That guy's still alive?! Seems like a good fit for Odin.
        yeah look him up on youtube!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Branagh Lets Us In On What Source Will Inspire His Take On Thor

Still no official confirmation from Marvel on whether or not Chris Hemsworth has gotten the lead role of Thor in Kevin Branagh's version of the Norse God of Thunder. There is also one other untied loose end of the project as well, what type of Thor movie are we going to get? Are we on Earth, are we not? Back in January the rumor mill spit out that Thor's alter ego had been cast stirring up the pot that this Thor movie would be grounded on Earth. In the below interview with Kenneth Branagh, he is asked what Thor stories are inspiring his take on the upcoming Thor movie and just who are the comic creators that are giving him advice.

“I think that ('Thor' comics) go through golden patches and purple patches and everyone has personal favorites,” Branagh told MTV News. “The recent runs have been marvelous. The J. Michael Straczynski run has been a tremendous achievement.”

“But I've also been reading way back, reading classic, vintage runs as well,” states Branagh. “There are many Thors and many accounts of the stories across nearly 50 years of the comics. We look to raid from the best.”

How has Branagh reacted to the help he has received from the Marvel Thor experts. Branagh states:

“A lot of the job up to this point has been listening to people who know more and better than I,” states Branagh. “I have a very strong view of how to approach it myself, but I'm still listening and learning happily.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7827

Comment

Clifton Collins Jr Eyes Up A Part In "Thor"

Apparently Collins Jr. kicked off online speculation last week when he posted a series of updates on Twitter that seemed to indicate some involvement with Marvel’s live-action “Thor” movie.

But after a chat with MTV he has confirmed that something is indeed in the mix..

“I had a little meeting. I think I can say that much,” Collins told MTV News when asked if he auditioned for a “Thor” role. “['Thor' director] Kenneth Branagh is a bad-ass. I’ve been a fan of his as an actor and I know he’s gonna be amazing as a director for this piece.”

“Believe me, I’m itching to say all kinds of stuff,” he added.

He doesnt go into much detail, but hes certainly enthusiastic about the project..

“It’s going to be a beautiful thing, I’m sure,” said Collins. “It’s an amazing comic book. If you grew up reading these comic books, he was definitely a bad-ass, that guy.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7834

Comment

I'd love to see the origin story of Thor/Dr. Blake in the first movie [+ Loki, - Stone Men from Saturn ] as a buildup to a Walt Simonson era-type Thor epic quest.

Clifton Collins Jr looks kinda Donald Blake-y.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

This movie really should kick some serious a**!
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige! - On "Thor"

Feige confirmed that Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were OFFICIALLY cast in Thor. He spoke very highly about both actors, but focused more on Hiddleston, who plays the villain Loki. Feige explained that finding a classic villain that could be sustained over the course of many films and provide the hero with a challenge while also being a mirror of that hero himself was very tough. "Loki has those aspects." He also did say that Thor takes place on both modern Earth and other worlds like Asgard, confirming what we heard the other day about Donald Blake NOT being a part of the story and the setting be primarily Earth. And lastly, he said that director Kenneth Branagh would not let them use any classic Shakespearian dialogue like was often used in the comics. Sounds pretty Ultimate to me!

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=7876

Comment

Joe Quesada Talks "Thor" And "Iron Man 2"

On Quesadas blog Cup O' Joe this week, the Marvel head honcho talks about a meeting he had with Kenneth Branagh and John Favreu's take on "Iron Man 2"

The first story is about Kenneth Branagh and how he gave him a "three hour pitch" for the Thor movie.

"We had one big creative meeting with the Marvel Creative Committee, which now works on all of our movies and I have the honor to be a part of. We sat with Kenneth and discussed the "Thor" movie and the overarching story of what that's going to be, just to give our input before anything was put down to paper by screenwriters.

And it was one of the highlights of my time here at Marvel because not only did Branagh sit there and give you the story beat for beat, he and [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige formed a great team. It was performance art. Kevin would give us the establishment of the shot and the situation: "Here we are. We're in (take your pick of location). And here's Odin and he’s coming up to (pick a character)." And then Kenneth would come in and give you the color commentary. "Odin has an air of majesty to him" and he'd act out the Odin part or the Thor part. So we sat there and literally got a three-hour one-man show from Kenneth Branagh. It was fantastic. People pay a lot of money for that kind of performance by one of the world’s greatest living actors."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=8014

Comment

More From Joe Quesada On "Thor"

Describing Branagh as “very Shakespearean,” Quesada said that the “Thor” director had a phenomenal grasp on the characters of Thor, Loki, Odin and the rest of the film’s cast.

“He’s definitely about character, which is the quintessential trait you have to have to understand the Marvel characters,” he said. “It’s not just big hammers and capes and things like that. It’s about what makes the character tick. There’s definitely a reason for Thor, a reason for him being and a very deep family relationship and story in the movie that I think is going to be very cool.”

Quesada also addressed some of the fears associated with “Thor” — namely, is an old English-speaking Norse God with an oversized hammer going to fill out theater seats in the same way that Jon Favreau’s “Iron Man” did?

“I think it’s going to be [a tougher sell] on the surface,” he agreed. “[But we've] got plans already to get Thor’s name out within a younger group of kids. I think the upcoming ‘Super Hero Squad’ and ‘Avengers Animated’ shows are going to do wonders to get that across, and then we’re working on a couple of ancillary things here and there to boost the desire for kids in particular to know more about Thor and the general public as well.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...r/news/?a=8038

Comment

Clifton Collins Jr talks 'Trek', 'Thor', 'Inception'

You mentioned Thor recently on your Twitter page. What's happening with that?
                        "Hmmm, Thor, I don't know [laughs]. That's kind of where I have to leave it unfortunately. Everybody asks, it's just something that's very hush-hush."

Did you go back and do some research with the old Marvel Comics?
                        "There's a lot of fun stuff in Thor based on the comic book and Celtic folklore, history and stuff like that. For me, doing that kind of research... I love doing any kind of research. It's like going back to history class, I didn't do well at history so now's the chance to redeem myself."

It sounds like a very different type of superhero film, whether you're in it or not.
                        "It's going to be great. It's Kenneth Branagh at the helm, he's a badass."
                        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...inception.html

Comment

Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Thor will be another case of Marvel's trusting a director to bring a unique vision to their property, as Sam Raimi did for Spider-Man, Bryan Singer did for X-Men and Jon Favreau did for Iron Man. "Kenneth Branagh at the head of it all is really the critical thing to us, to really create his vision" of Thor, Finberg said. "He and [Marvel honcho] Kevin [Feige] are working really closely together."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-th...rs-movie-s.php

Comment

Brian Michael Bendis Talks About Branagh's "Thor" Performance!

Remember the article a while ago about Joe Quesada witnessing director Kenneth Branagh’s “Thor” reenactments? Well writer Brian Michael Bendis was also in the room, and he gives his take..

“[It] was Shakespearean, with flourishes,” Bendis told Newsarama of Kenneth Branagh’s “Thor” performance. “It was cool. It was a lot of fun. My wife goes, okay, that one I’m jealous of. She’s got a crush on him. And honestly, he’s not a let-down. I can see it. I can understand it. You’re spending enough time with someone that you know if they’re cool. And he’s cool.”

Apparently Bendis has been working closely with Marvel studios, and is part of a group of comic writers that consults with the screenwriters and filmmakers, making sure that the characters stay true in their translation from page to screen.

“[This] is a little different than how Hollywood usually does it, which is a compliment to [Marvel Studios chief] Kevin [Feige],” said the writer. “Usually, Hollywood just does what it does. I know there are some comic book movies I hear that the people never even read a comic book based on the thing they’re working on.

“They’ve asked me to be part of the team of guys who pick their brains and take their advice,” Bendis continued. “And for me it’s great to watch these writers deal with it and handle it. Watching them is a lot of fun.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=8312

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Thor will be another case of Marvel's trusting a director to bring a unique vision to their property, as Sam Raimi did for Spider-Man, Bryan Singer did for X-Men and Jon Favreau did for Iron Man. "Kenneth Branagh at the head of it all is really the critical thing to us, to really create his vision" of Thor, Finberg said. "He and [Marvel honcho] Kevin [Feige] are working really closely together."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-th...rs-movie-s.php
                              I really think Branagh will do an amazing job.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Will We See Jessica Biel In "Thor"?

The boys over at Nuke The Fridge are claiming a reliable source from "deep within" has sent word that Jessica Biel is in talks to join the cast of "Thor"...

Their scooper did not know the name of the character Biel was up for, but said she would be playing a love interest of Thor's and seemed to believe it was the same female character from the animated "Hulk vs Thor." This could be either Sif or Enchantress.

There is also the possibility Biel could be cast as Jane Foster, girlfriend of one Donald Blake, but since all reports suggest that Kenneth Branagh's movie will be set predominantly in Asgard, that seems unlikely.

Personally i am hoping for Enchantress.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=8349

Comment

Working...
                                X