The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Yeah but...does anything about Mark Ruffalo say 'nuclear scientific genius' to anyone? That's almost as bad as Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in that one Bond movie.
    Excellent point!

Comment

Yeah but...does anything about Mark Ruffalo say 'nuclear scientific genius' to anyone? That's almost as bad as Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in that one Bond movie.
      So we're following sterotype to identify people's profession?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Hmm not sure I like the Avengers logo. At first glance I thought it was a Fantastic 4 logo. They should change the styling of the "A" imo....
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
          Hmm not sure I like the Avengers logo. At first glance I thought it was a Fantastic 4 logo. They should change the styling of the "A" imo....
          Well the logo is very similar if not the same as the logo form the comics....

Comment

That doesn't mean it's a good design, staying true to the comics notwithstanding. Though I admit I haven't read the comics (I only read The Ultimates), it's a bit too cartoonish to represent a secret governmental entity.
            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I'm not sure "appears to be slightly dumber than a bag of rocks" qualifies as a stereotype.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Well in his defence, Denise Richards was more suited for screwing Bond in that movie than disarming nukes. As for Mark Ruffalo, so long as he's clean shaven I don't think there is an issue. There is something a bit.. rapey, about him with a beard on the google results for his name.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure "appears to be slightly dumber than a bag of rocks" qualifies as a stereotype.
                  You know the old saying. Appearences can be deciving. I don't even know who the actor is but saying they appear to be smart enough to have this profession seem wrong. Last I checked thier was nothing linking appearences to inteligence
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: The Avengers to Usher in The Marvel Cosmic Universe

Marvel Studios is going cosmic, and in a big way. After the magnificent showcase which was the Marvel Hall H Comic Con panel, I managed to have some face time with one of my contacts at the studio. Apparently, introducing elements such as the Infinity Gauntlet and Sword (and the Cosmic Cube) are only the beginning. If all goes according to the current plan, The Avengers will feature minor (MINOR) appearances by key cosmic beings from the Marvel Universe. The Easter Eggs won't just be pleasing to fans, but an easy way to pique interest from general audiences.

The characters being considered for inclusion are: Captain Marvel (an amalgam of Mar-Vell and Noh-Varr), Adam Worlock, Black Bolt and Nova. Several of these roles are already being written into the current film treatment, and actors are already being pursued to portray them.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/P.../news/?a=20758

Comment

Teaser Trailer: THE AVENGERS

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...e-avengers.php

Comment

that is awesome.... SLJ has a perfect voice for that....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

And with a reach of their claw, Marvel claim copyright and get Youtube to remove it. *******s. Can't get the chance to enjoy anything these days.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            And with a reach of their claw, Marvel claim copyright and get Youtube to remove it. *******s. Can't get the chance to enjoy anything these days.
                            Indeed.... I really tried to find a video of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              EXCLUSIVE: The Avengers to Usher in The Marvel Cosmic Universe
                              The characters being considered for inclusion are: Captain Marvel (an amalgam of Mar-Vell and Noh-Varr), Adam Worlock, Black Bolt and Nova. Several of these roles are already being written into the current film treatment, and actors are already being pursued to portray them.
                              Oh, for Marvel's cosmic adventures to make it onto the big screen! The CGI cost would be massive, but it would be fun! We never see enough of people flying through space without ships around them! Captain Marvel and Nova and, of course, the Silver Surfer and their friends would be great!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Unhappy With Iron Man 2, Jon Favreau Wanted To Direct The Avengers; Marvel Said No?

According to reliable sources of CinemaBlend, Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau initially wanted to direct The Avengers, but Marvel Studios said no over the typical matter; Money

continues:
                                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=21139

Comment

Working...
                                X