No announcement yet.

The Spiderman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom spinoff first. If that sucks, then they can go ahead and do whatever the heck they want.
    Written in Blood, My First Stargate Fanfiction.

Comment

Marc Webb Confirmed for New Spider-Man Trilogy

So it finally seems that Sony has found interest in a director for the Spidey reboot. I guess now they have another trilogy planned.

"Commenting on the announcement, Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures, said, “At its core, Spider-Man is a small, intimate human story about an everyday teenager that takes place in an epic super-human world. The key for us as we sought a new director was to identify filmmakers who could give sharp focus to Peter Parker’s life. We wanted someone who could capture the awe of being in Peter’s shoes so the audience could experience his sense of discovery while giving real heart to the emotion, anxiety, and recklessness of that age and coupling all of that with the adrenaline of Spider-Man’s adventure. We believe Marc Webb is the perfect choice to bring us on that journey.”

Arad and Ziskin added jointly, “Over the years, the Spider-Man comics have been told with bold and creative new writers and artists who have re-calibrated the way audiences see Peter Parker. Marc Webb will do for the new direction of the films what so many visionary storytellers have done with the comic books. He is an incredibly talented filmmaker and we look forward to working closely with him on this new adventure.”

Webb said, “This is a dream come true and I couldn't be more aware of the challenge, responsibility, or opportunity. Sam Raimi's virtuoso rendering of Spider-Man is a humbling precedent to follow and build upon. The first three films are beloved for good reason. But I think the Spider-Man mythology transcends not only generations but directors as well. I am signing on not to ‘take over’ from Sam. That would be impossible. Not to mention arrogant. I'm here because there's an opportunity for ideas, stories, and histories that will add a new dimension, canvas, and creative voice to Spider-Man.”

continues:
      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=13998

Spider-Man 2012 Budget to Be in the $80 Million Range

Check out more plans Sony has for the reboot, According to Hollywood Reporter. Including the cast direction, prodution year, and plot fragment.

It was announced earlier today that Marc Webb, will be directing the reboot, while Jim Sturgess is rumored to helm the title role. Well now Hollywood Reporter is reporting more of Sony's plans for the film:

"The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns (so you can quash those Rob Pattinson or Gordon-Levitt rumors at this point). And the story will be pared down to center on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it."

"The touchstone for the new movie will not be the 1960s comics, which were the inspiration behind the movies by Raimi, who grew on up on them, but rather this past decade's "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley where the villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst."

"Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin are producing the new movie, which will begin production this year."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14016

Comment

Spiderman can't be Spiderman if its not Tobey.
        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
        ---
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pointy View Post
          Venom spinoff first. If that sucks, then they can go ahead and do whatever the heck they want.
          I would like if that did. A Venom spinoff based directly from Spiderman 3 least help keep the original films around, then the reboot can do whatever the hell it wants. Plus it would also open the door to having the likes of Maguire at least come back in some form of cameo.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pointy View Post

Ultimate Spider-Man? I like the ultimate line of comics....but they are not as great as the standard line. Just trying to appeal to the kiddies and tweens it seems.

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
            Spiderman can't be Spiderman if its not Tobey.
            Indeed, but unfortunately we will have to get used to a new face.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I would like if that did. A Venom spinoff based directly from Spiderman 3 least help keep the original films around, then the reboot can do whatever the hell it wants. Plus it would also open the door to having the likes of Maguire at least come back in some form of cameo.
            That would be great, I would love to see Sam do that, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Ultimate Spider-Man? I like the ultimate line of comics....but they are not as great as the standard line. Just trying to appeal to the kiddies and tweens it seems.
              If that is true, this will definitely not be for me.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                If that is true, this will definitely not be for me.
                That is why we should be glad of a Venom spinoff. A massive mistake would be done if they made that for kiddies and tweens. Let them have their Spiderboy movie, means more fun for us with Venom.

sigpic

Comment

Henrie and Owen linked to 'Spider-Man'

Actor David Henrie has spoken out following claims he is to take on the role of Peter Parker in Marc Webb's Spider-Man reboot.

Meanwhile, Clive Owen distanced himself from a rumour he is to play villain Kraven in the Marvel comic book adaptation.

He told The Coventry Telegraph: "That's the first I've heard. My girls would like me to do it though."

Henrie, who stars in Disney's The Wizards of Waverly Place told OK! magazine: "I am very blessed that the rumour is even going around and I am very happy about it. That would be a dream role for me.

"I think a month ago I saw something pop up on Google Alerts that said, 'David Henrie Might be the next Spider-Man' and it’s been spreading around ever since. I am just happy to read it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...pider-man.html

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    This move really ticks me off.
                    Wow. I don't think I've ever read anything that negative from you. I agree entirely. A reboot? FF, sure, but Spidey?! I SAY THEE NAY! I'm disgusted by this Spider-Man: Twilight crap. It's a superhero movie! This recent trend of throwing as much angst into a movie as possible is really sickening. Superman Returns, for example. I want something to make me think and also to make me go, "Yes! Yes! Hit it! Hit it!" Superhero movies are primarily about the sci-fi action. Why is there this need to make them into teen dramas? The spending power of teen girls and their love of twinkly sad things, no doubt.

Only The Avengers can save me now!
                    Last edited by nx01a; 23 January 2010, 11:06 PM.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I really don't want to be negative about all this, but I don't see how not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I really don't want to be negative about all this, but I don't see how not to be.
                        Then don't try. I'm not. I am usually a very positive person, but I believe rebooting this franchise is completely unnecessary.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally I say be negative. If you're negative and it turns out as bad as you thought, then you were just right. If it turns out better than you expected, then you will be pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say I negative myself, but I do feel myself more interested in learning how bad the studios have screwed up by doing High School Spiderman Music as opposed to Spidey4.

sigpic

Comment

'Spider-Man' reboot: Logan Lerman may be next Peter Parker

Logan Lerman, star of the upcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," may be up for the role of our favorite webslinger.

The 18-year-old actor has been in talks with Sony to play Peter Parker in the "Spider-Man" reboot, reports "Access Hollywood."

"There have been a few discussions, it's definitely something I'm looking into," Lerman told Billy Bush on Thursday, Feb. 4.

Story developing ...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...er-parker.html

Comment

The news just keeps getting worse.
                              It's like sci-fi movies are this big inbred family living in the woods, swapping and sharing all the same stars. Want a big role in three of next summer's blockbusters? Have a role in one of this summer's blockbusters!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well on the upside he is 18(my age ) and would look young enough to play the part. But I don't want him....

Comment

Working...
                                X