Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Because Spider-Man 3 wasn't very good?
    It made $500,000,000 in profit. Despite what fans say about quality its the profits Sony cares about
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      Can someone tell me WHY Sony is rebooting the film series? I don't understand why the studio cannot simply do Spider-man 4 with a recast. Actors get recast all the time. Why not recast instead of a full-on reboot for a film series that's only had a 3-movie run?
      I'm still not really understanding all the reasoning behind a total reboot either, but oh well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Heck I call X3 a bad movie but I find myself enjoying it(yikes I know). I think we could of had a Spidey 4 with the same cast and it could of been loads better than Spidey 3.
        I saw Spidey 3 and X3 twice each just to confirm that they were bad and I should never watch them again. Both movies were so bad we now have reboots or prequels instead of continuations.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I saw Spidey 3 and X3 twice each just to confirm that they were bad and I should never watch them again. Both movies were so bad we now have reboots or prequels instead of continuations.
          Its ok, both movies were a slap in the face for comic book fans. Its very rare that I rewatch them....

Comment

But enough about that! We're getting the Lizard!
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Whoop! Doctor Curt Connors FTW! The best Spidey villain at last, I was hoping to see him in Spidey 4 as Connors was in Spidey 2 and 3. But nevertheless it is great!

Comment

I think the best Spidey villains are Kraven and Venom, but that's just me. I really hope we get to see the Scorpion in one of the movies!
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I never cared for Kraven. He never seems like a real threat compared to Spider-man's other adversaries. Now Lizard is a different story. But while we are on the topic I probably like Electro the most
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

As in... this Kraven? I think he's a brilliant concept: a relatively hokey villain who gets serious psychological damage from losing to Spider-Man and then takes his game up to a truly psychotic level.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

As in... this Kraven? I think he's a brilliant concept: a relatively hokey villain who gets serious psychological damage from losing to Spider-Man and then takes his game up to a truly psychotic level.
                      Yep thats the villian. Just didn't care for him. He seemed less then threatening
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think the best Spidey villains are Kraven and Venom, but that's just me. I really hope we get to see the Scorpion in one of the movies!
                        Venom is so overrated IMO. But I do like the character. Kraven is far from my favorite, but he is fun too if done right. But The Lizard has always appealed to me the most, I never understood why. Maybe it is similar to why the Hulk appeals to me.

Comment

Green and angry?
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Venom is so overrated IMO. But I do like the character. Kraven is far from my favorite, but he is fun too if done right. But The Lizard has always appealed to me the most, I never understood why. Maybe it is similar to why the Hulk appeals to me.
                            I can see that. They have one huge simlairity in that both humans are unwitinly turned in savage monsters they can't control.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Spider-man 3 was a huge success, and they're rebooting just because the director and two actors backed out? Seriously? Wouldn't it be easier to just hire new actors and a new director?

At least Sony is going to have the "Lizard" appear in the fourth movie. I had hoped that the storyline of the third movie would provide the backstory for the Lizard film. Maybe Dr. Connors uses the "black goop" and lizard DNA to grow his arm back and become... LIZARD MAN!

I don't get all the hate for Venom. He should have been the central villain, far more interesting than Sandman. Sandman... uh... too unrealistic for the movie world they had created with the first two films. Also, what are the chances that the rock would land near Peter Parker's bike? It would have been far more interesting if he'd been contaminated after visiting a science lab where a meteor had been discovered. Ah well, the film is pretty good as it stands. I wish Venom had a larger role.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                Spider-man 3 was a huge success, and they're rebooting just because the director and two actors backed out? Seriously? Wouldn't it be easier to just hire new actors and a new director?

At least Sony is going to have the "Lizard" appear in the fourth movie. I had hoped that the storyline of the third movie would provide the backstory for the Lizard film. Maybe Dr. Connors uses the "black goop" and lizard DNA to grow his arm back and become... LIZARD MAN!

I don't get all the hate for Venom. He should have been the central villain, far more interesting than Sandman. Sandman... uh... too unrealistic for the movie world they had created with the first two films. Also, what are the chances that the rock would land near Peter Parker's bike? It would have been far more interesting if he'd been contaminated after visiting a science lab where a meteor had been discovered. Ah well, the film is pretty good as it stands. I wish Venom had a larger role.
                                Thats largely the problem with Spider-man 3. 1 and 2 had one villian with 3 had 3 villians. Too much was tried to accomplished too much. I would agree and got rid of Sandman. He didn't seem to serve much purpose in the movie. They had been building up for Harry as Green Goblin so that should have been kept and well I admitt to liking the Venom villian. It was just not used properly because of Rami's dislike for Venom
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X