Through the Looking Glass (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i don't think juilette means *that* much to jack at this point in time. i know he cares, but he's in love with kate and prob just attracted/admiring juliette. in my opinion.

sally
    Jack is a "fixer" by nature. That's why he's a doctor. That's why he was drawn to Kate, and that's why he's drawn to Juliette. They're both damaged in their own ways, and he feels compelled to try and "fix" them. I think that may be part of the reason he's in dire straits in the future: he's got no one to fix but himself, and that's something he's definitely not good at.

...again, I can relate...
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
      I got this image http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/...rclipping2.jpg off a TV guide story http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ghts/800015786 and can make out a few words of it. "Man Found.... downtown loft" "The body of Jo???? ?(L?)anthem of New York was found shortly after 4am in the... of Grand Avenue.
      A few other words I picked out were The Tower, loud, and beam.
      Anybody else have other shots?
      Who is from New York? Last name sound familiar to anyone?
      i think it might be locke, it would make sense as jack wanted to jump off the bridge after reading it because he was wrong and they should never have left the island.

also charlies death wow second best death i have seen on tv for a while(after lem on the shield)

glad desmond got to see penny on the screen

looks like ben was right

i have now noticed that all you really need to do is watch the first four and last four in a series of lost

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
        i think it might be locke, it would make sense as jack wanted to jump off the bridge after reading it because he was wrong and they should never have left the island.

also charlies death wow second best death i have seen on tv for a while(after lem on the shield)

glad desmond got to see penny on the screen

looks like ben was right

i have now noticed that all you really need to do is watch the first four and last four in a series of lost
        In Jack's opinion. Sorry to say, but Sun would be dead if it weren't for Jack calling the boat. And that's also possible for several other women at the LOSTIES camp too. We know that Claire and Aaron get off the island (according to Desmond's premonition). Sayid has a woman he wants to go to. Those people haven't resigned themselves to living on the island, and other than a few miraculous things happen, between the monster gas on the island, the Others constantly attacking their camp...how do we know one of the survivors doesn't have a terminable disease that could be treatable back in the U.S. or elsewhere?

Jack's the only one obsessed with getting back to the island. Possibly because the island is the only place he's ever been stable. Problem is, if Jack got his act together he would be stable.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post

Jack's the only one obsessed with getting back to the island. Possibly because the island is the only place he's ever been stable. Problem is, if Jack got his act together he would be stable.
          what if the reason jack's so eager to get back to the island is because he knows they (whoever left the island besides him and kate) left the others behind? we saw he was willing to leave everyone when he was going to take the sub... i wasn't too sure about jack doing that, since he wouldn't be sure he could trace his way back... i'm just not sure he wasn't so frenzied to leave that he'd leave everyone behind.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Through various websites, I've seen what the newspaper article said. Sounds more and more like it was Michael. That would explain why Kate wouldn't go to HIS funeral.

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Comment

just because they got off the island doesn't mean that it was good.

i have a funny feeling that their happy ending is gonna be worse than what had happened on the island...hence jack's obsession with getting back and fixing whatever was wrong
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

loved the ending- it said on sky it was the series finale not the season finale. I presume we are going to get a fourth season.

I am STILL confused. who's funeral was it??? and why did locke try to stop jack?
                Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                sigpic
                sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

BRits call a season a series so dont worry. still wondering how the radio worked underwater

Comment

oh right- i said to my brother it wouldnt be the last season.

does anyone know who's funeral it was? i am sooooooooooooo confused
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Based on the "survived by a teenage son" that would seem to imply Michael.

Another theory I had was that it's Ben. When the boat people came they forced all the Dharma/Dharma impersonators off the island. Ben took another name to hide from various people. Jack was upset because he felt Ben was his last likely way to get back to the island.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Great episode. I was seriously HATING this show in the middle of this season, but the last two episodes won me back. Now looking back, I really like this season. Now here's my take on where they are going with the series from here on out. I posted this in a different section of this forum (Heroes Section, Lost Vs Heroes Finale Topic), but I'll post it again...

I think they're gonna start season 4 back on the island again but something's going to go wrong and they don't get rescued, at least not this time. It'll continue with them trying to get off the island mixed in with flash-fowards of them rescued and trying to get back to the island. The flash-fowards can show how these people's lives are falling apart since they got back. We know Jack's a drug addict and freaking out, Hurley will be even unluckier than before the island, Claire misses Charlie (If he is in fact, dead) and thinks that being back on the island will bring her closer to him, Sun and Jin will have marital problems again, maybe Sayid is running from either the people he tortured, or the Iraqi Military, Rose's cancer returns, etc... Slowly they all come to realize they want to go back. I think a poignant and downright poetic way to end the series could be a wide shot of them meeting again on the beach, embracing. With a similar vibe to the way the people in The 4400 were all drawn back to the spot they returned to. In fact if I DON'T see that scene at the end of the series, I'm going to be disappointed..

Can't wait till '08!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katielovesdaniel View Post
                          But i didnt understand why Charlie closed the door on himself
                          neither did I. there was no logical reason for him to do so as he had plenty of time to escape
                          the way I see it he closed the door because he was told he would drown, so he figured he "had to" drown. basically he was a weak-minded fool - good riddance. never liked the brat anyway :|

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show*
                            and why did locke try to stop jack?
                            probably because Walter (or whatever it is that took his guise) told him what awaited the survivors if they were found - this suggests Ben wasn't lying when he told Jack they'd all be killed, but on the other hand the fact that Jack & Kate were still alive in the future contradicts this somewhat (unless this is an alternate future where the survivors weren't found but instead escaped the island via some other means)

Comment

There are two things that are getting to me that i noticed that i dont think anyone else did about the flashes

The first is when jack is on a plane in his flash Sun and Jin are sitting behind him .... my question is why is jack not talking to them if it was a flash forward i was confused but i have evedince for a crazy theory

Two: did anyone else notice that the new head of medicine in jacks hospital (who also stars in Las Vegas) mysteriously grows a mustache half way through the ep.......

Here is my theory it was a double flash ..... forward and back........... jacks head is so messed up that the past present and future are getting really mixed up.........

but im not sure its just a theory tear it to poeces as you wish

Comment

well i originally posted a picture of the obituary clipping a few days ago, but then the database got rolled back and it went bye bye.

but since someone else took care of it, and someone posted the guys name too, i won't bother redoing that.

but i will post this one again:

the casket is clearly a small one. so looks like maybe a kid.

either way, its definitely somebody we haven't met yet.
                                i'll stake my GW account on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X