Through the Looking Glass (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought of something,

Will all the flashes now be flashforwards? Something I remembered from the Lost:Answers right before the finale. One of the producers said, that they view Lost as a mosaic, with past, present and future. We are about half way through the episode run. We know there are 48 episodes left, so what if the rest of the flashers are forward showing what happened after they left the island, will show the island too and then the last episodes, trying to get back to the island?

Comment

guys.
      ok.

the story of Lost is a tapestry. this comes straight from the producers and writers. we'll see the past, the present, and the future, and it will all weave together to tell the story.

There was no "pulling a BSG." The flash-forwards were showing the results of their actions on the island.

They aren't getting rescued at the beginning of season 4. Don't worry.

I'm interested as to who was in the casket - I agree either Locke or Sawyer because neither has family to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
        I just thought of something,

Will all the flashes now be flashforwards? Something I remembered from the Lost:Answers right before the finale. One of the producers said, that they view Lost as a mosaic, with past, present and future. We are about half way through the episode run. We know there are 48 episodes left, so what if the rest of the flashers are forward showing what happened after they left the island, will show the island too and then the last episodes, trying to get back to the island?
        That very well could be the case. We'll all just have to wait and see, I guess.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ok... so the whole Island story was great!!!!!! But i didnt understand why Charlie closed the door on himself, he had more than enough time to get out and shut the door behind him before it blew, or he could have waited for the room to fill and then swim out the little window hole, so that kinda made me mad. I LOVED when Hurley came through with the van we cheered!!! I was sad to see Tom go, I really liked him, he was entertaining. I loved how Jack beat the crap outta Ben and the whole thing with Danielle and Alex was great!!!
          I love how mad Ben gets when stuff isnt going his way! Loved how Jack told Kate that he loved her.. I so called that! I was a bit scared he was going to say it to Juliet though...
          Walt looked good, Im asuming that he was Jacob... thats the only explaination, when Locke said I cant my legs Walt was like no get up.. so I think he is Jacob....
          Loved how Charlie found Penny and told her bout Des, love that Des shot Patchy that was GREAT and finally we got see him without the patch.. cool

The thing that made me angry was the past 2 seasons end off with a FANTASTIC cliiff hanger, from the hatch to the 3 of them on the dock... this was was weird.. I didnt like it, I didnt like the whole Jack flashforward thing, and what was with his Gerard Butler 300 beard????
          I didnt like how he was all broken.. and I wanted to see what he clipping from the paper said I am asuming it was for Ben cause the coffin was a bit small.... and Jack was the only one who showed and Kate was like why would I go... but It was confusing cause Jacks dad is dead and he kept reffering to him, which was weird, and I dunno I just didnt like how it ended on island with them apperently being rescued, Im assuming that Naomi was working for Pennys dad, finding Desmond before she does to get rid of him once and for all cause he probably thinks that Penny has been wasting her life trying to find Des, so hes probably looking for him to get rid of him before she finds him.

But I loved Charlies message, too bad Des couldnt see Penny...

It was weird to see that Ben was so willing to turn over Alex and just kinda like kick her out, go live with them kinda thing, does he believe Jacob that much that he would just dump off his "daughter"??

I have lots of thoughts on this episode, all in all it was good, I was worried that Jack would double cross them and I was worried about Juliet on the beach so Im glad everything there turned out all good!!

and I knew Locke wouldnt kill or even shoot Jack, he did Naomi cause he didnt know her or anything, he has history with Jack and knows that the other survivors need him...
          But man Ben is sure convincing when it comes to manipulating people, that whole scene with Jack was great. and the whole message to Tom... wow.. Jack was back for sure...

anyways done my ranting.. thanks for listning lol

Comment

Oh I forgot...
            That part in the looking glass when the chicks were on the radio with Ben, they were like "hes not telling us his name" and then Charlie was like "its Charlie tell him I say hello"
            HAHAH LOVED it best line, and when Des came up hes like Charlie bloody hell, just the way he said it.. funny!!!
            sorry.. had to add that cause it made me laugh soooo hard

Comment

Originally posted by katielovesdaniel View Post
              Ok... so the whole Island story was great!!!!!! But i didnt understand why Charlie closed the door on himself, he had more than enough time to get out and shut the door behind him before it blew, or he could have waited for the room to fill and then swim out the little window hole, so that kinda made me mad.
              Yeah at first I was like wtf. He could have gotten out, but ultimately I think after seeing Penny he decided to sacrifice himself for Desmond so that Desmond would no longer have to protect him from death and could hopefully return to Penny.

But..........if stopping the jamming was going to lead to this offshore ship rescuing them all...very soon hopefully, I don't quite see the point of him choosing to die. So I'm still kind of like what the heck was the point (other than to prevent Desmond from having to live with future flashes of his death and then either doing something or not).

Great episode anyway. Nice twist at the end with the reveal that it was a flash forward.

I have to wait how long now?
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Wow. Amazing episode. Although, I knew from the very start when we saw Jack on a plane with a beard that it was a flash-forward. It just seemed to click into place.

Quite a lot to take in.

Originally posted by katielovesdaniel View Post
                Ok... so the whole Island story was great!!!!!! But i didnt understand why Charlie closed the door on himself, he had more than enough time to get out and shut the door behind him before it blew, or he could have waited for the room to fill and then swim out the little window hole, so that kinda made me mad.
                Desmond had told Charlie previously that if the events don't happen as he sees them, then the outcome might not be the same. Charlie let himself die to make sure Claire & Aaron would be saved as in Desmond's vision.

Comment

i don't know how i feel about this season finale.

first, i loved that jack told kate he loved her. (but i also like kate/sawyer)

second, i'm confused.

is charlie really dead? and why did he go through with it? all he had to do was swim through that little hole... hoping he's not dead, or at least we'll see that he does swim through the window (next season).

i do NOT like the implications that it was the future. and i say implications, because jack referred to his dad and we know his dad is dead. maybe all of that part of the story was desmond's imaginings again.

sawyer is a bit broke. (((sawyer)))

how and where did walt come from? was it 'really' walt?

(((charlie)))

cool on hurley!

glad the trio on the beach weren't killed.

the actor that plays jack (who's name is escaping me ) did wonderful tonight!

ben is sure a jerk. and well written. and well acted. manipulates like a pro.

glad the french woman (again, name ) and alex came together.

juliet's playing it straight.

locke... i hope he knows what he's doing.

let charlie live!

i REALLY don't want jack's past sequences to be the future!

k, done.

** edited to add - i just watched the news that came on after lost... charlie IS dead for sure.

sally
                  Last edited by majorsal; 23 May 2007, 10:33 PM.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay, let me first start by saying that I have defended this season more staunchly than most. I was enthralled by episodes like The Man from Tallahassee, The Man Behind the Curtain, the Brig, and Greatest Hits. I've been encouraging others to be patient with the producers and that surely the producers would give us some answers this season. I've endured listening to the producers' podcast which focused on inane questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the show. However, this episode has made me consider for the first time actually not watching the show anymore. WARNING! THERE WILL BE RANTING HERE.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the drama of Jack beating the crap out of Ben (FINALLY!). And the fact that Ben may not have been lying about the bad guys coming intrigued me. I also loved the stuff on the beach with Hurley's van rescue and Sawyer's cold as ice shooting of Tom (I'll miss Tom!). The reunion between Alex and Rousseau could've been more emphasized, but I won't complain. Although I liked that Charlie tried to help Desmond out by giving him the message, I do feel he had plenty of time to get out of the room and shut the door, especially since the mission had already been accomplished.

However...yes, however! I felt that the episode raised so many $%#@-ing questions that it will only lose the show viewers in the long run. One does not have a finale and then go on a 7 MONTH break without answering anything. It was one thing to go three months to learn what was inside the Hatch and to learn what was going to happen with Jack, Kate and Sawyer being caught by the Others and what the deal with Penny was. It's another thing entirely to raise more questions than the entire season has raised altogether in one single episode and then not answer any major question at all! And although one could argue that it does reveal that they get off the Island eventually, the fact that Jack refers to his father being alive in the "flash-forward" seems to suggest that it may not even take place in the "real" timeline or the "real" future. Additionally, this means that the producers LIED to us when they said that Christian Shepard WAS NOT ALIVE! And I am aware that we finally know that yes, Charlie is dead, which I'm sad they did. I am sick and tired of not getting my questions answered. This is why I've been increasingly turning to Heroes for a show that seems to know what it's doing. During their finale, they answered their important question: "How do you stop an exploding man?" This year's Lost finale didn't answer any major question.

Here's a list of questions that's been compiled by a Lost website from the finale alone:
                    Spoiler:
                    Flash-forward

* Is Jack's father still alive?
                    * Why did Jack want do to the operation on the woman who crashed?
                    * Why is flash-forward Jack so set on returning to the island?
                    * How did Jack and Kate get off the island? Which other Losties escaped? How long after the crash?
                    * Who is the "he" Kate mentions to Jack at the airport?
                    * What did Jack mean when he said he couldn't lie anymore?
                    * During what time period did the flash forward occur?
                    * In the flash-forward, how did Kate manage getting out of having to go to prison?
                    * Who was the woman flash-forward Jack saved from the burning car?
                    * Who was the funeral for?
                    * Do the survivors resume their original lives?

On the Island

* Who is Naomi really working for?
                    * Why was Penny reached?
                    * Was Mikhail hurt or killed by the grenade detonation?
                    * Where did Locke go after he left the main group of Losties at the end of the episode?
                    * Was Walt a projection of the Monster?
                    * Where is the temple and why must Richard take the others there, as planned? What will they do once they arrive?
                    * Will Desmond still see flashes of the future if Charlie is dead?
                    * Why would it be inappropriate for Sara to give Jack a ride home?
                    * What assignment in Canada were Bonnie and Greta supposed to be on?
                    * What are the "forces stronger than anything it has faced in many many years"?
                    * Is Kate pregnant?
                    * Who were the other two tents that were marked?
                    * If Ben betrayed his father, then why does he disown Alex when she betrays him?
                    * Why did Charlie shut the door, and not make any effort to avoid drowning?
                    * Why was Ben's plan to make the Losties stop wanting to leave so uncharacteristically weak and unconvincing?
                    * Why did Bonnie give up information to harm Ben, after earlier claiming that losing faith in Ben would ruin everything?
                    * Why is Locke willing to take out Naomi to stop the phone from being used, but unwilling to go any further?
                    * How did Locke kill Naomi if he wasn't capable of killing people? Is Naomi definitely dead?
                    * Are weapons other than gunshots and explosions more able to result in injuries the island can heal?

Now please, don't get me wrong from this rant please. I LOVE Lost. LOVE IT! And I haven't missed an episode from the beginning if I could help it. But Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have made me angrier than I have ever been at any two people ever. This show started as a show about people crashing on an Island. And the Island was mysterious. Sometimes they delved into the mysteries and tried to explain them. We know why the Hatch was on the Island. We know how the plane crashed. But lately, the show seems to have become less about the characters asking and answering the questions and discovering who these people are in the process, and more about questions and mysteries which very few characters are aware of and the producers refuse to address. Now as Hurley so wisely said back in the season 1 episode "Numbers," "I WANT SOME FRIGGIN' ANSWERS!"

Overall I rate this episode:
                    ** stars and only because of the good character work in the episode after a season plagued with lack of emphasis on great characters like Hurley. I haven't decided if I'll watch next season. It will only be 16 episodes then and that may only frustrate me (and others I'm sure) more. If I do watch, it'll be to see what happens to the characters and understand the mysteries and most importantly to give Lindelof and Cuse hell for what they're putting their fans through.
                    Last edited by memnarch; 23 May 2007, 10:59 PM.
                    Spoiler:
                    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Holy Buckets!
                      Loved this episode so much. Loved the twist, loved everything. I can barely comprehend how the story is going to go from here, which is great!

With regards to Jacks dad possibly being alive like some people are saying. He's dead. Nothing in this ep made me think otherwise. Once Kate stepped out of that car and it all clicked I realized they had him mentioned so we wouldn't suspect that it was the future. Go back and listen to the references. Jack is having a complete breakdown, he wrote a prescription himself and when the lady questioned it he mentioned his father and then cracked it and stormed off when she wanted to call him. Similar thing at the hospital, he mentioned his dad because he's clearly thinking about him a lot and everything that has happened. It was just a psychological thing. Nothing he said makes me think he's actually alive, but it served the purpose of making us think it was the past. Besides, the producers have said that he is dead. They don't go back on their word, they have the major milestones of the whole series planned out already.

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                      Now please, don't get me wrong from this rant please. I LOVE Lost. LOVE IT!
                      If you did love it, you wouldn't consider not watching anymore. If they've done something to make you dislike the show then fair enough, but you can't love it and not watch at the same time. I hope you do watch it still and they regain your love for the show.

Ultimately I wish everyone had the patience to enjoy this show for what it is. We aren't meant to get all the answers. We will have all the pieces of the puzzle at the end of season 6. If you need answers now, your watching the wrong show. The world of lost is so detailed and complex that every answer brings up more questions. For me, thats a good thing. I love complex plots and details like that. As long as we get all the answers eventually then I'm fine with that.
                      Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Charlie accepted his fate - hence he let himself get drowned - it was inevitable. He might as well have a death that, to him, have meaning (ie: saving the Losties) rather than killed by falling scaffolding.

I read the spoilers so knew it about the Flash-Forward - I was waiting for a magnificent reason as to why Jack was on a downwards spiral -: "I'm sick of lying" was encouraging!! But not magnificent

But, why oh why, did he become silent when Ben said: What do you have to go back to?
                        Duh, the real world - civilization?
                        Last edited by jazz!; 24 May 2007, 03:29 AM.
                        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I don't think Charlie was 'accepting his fate', he had just asked Desmond about any flashes, I think he thought they may have beaten fate yet again. I think Charlie knew he'd have trouble keeping Desmond out of the room, but frankly a running tackly while yelling "GRENADE!!!" might have kept him out. Charlie dying was entirely unnecessary (if he's dead of course).

From Jack's reaction I assumed it was either Kate or Juliette in the coffin, but it's Lost, so who knows. I made out a couple words from the note jack was reading, but nothing with a name.
                          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                            I don't think Charlie was 'accepting his fate', he had just asked Desmond about any flashes, I think he thought they may have beaten fate yet again. I think Charlie knew he'd have trouble keeping Desmond out of the room, but frankly a running tackly while yelling "GRENADE!!!" might have kept him out. Charlie dying was entirely unnecessary (if he's dead of course)
                            I think he'd accepted it up to a point but it's only natural that he'd seek for a pinhole light of hope... hence asking if Desmond had any new flashes that would indicate a new fate. Desmond's "No" pretty much forced him to accept the inevitable.... it didn't seem inevitable but this is Charlie.... undoubtedly... the idea of self sacrifice will make him feel like he's finally done something worthwhile with his life.

Is it just me or was their something strange about the plane's lift off at the end?

On another note... kids grow like weeds. Walt grew quite a bit.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I liked it, but it had some odd moments.

Charlie could have easily run from the control room and shut the water door behind him. Or maybe he thought he wouldn't be able to keep Desmond out. And how in the world did Penny "call in"??? Her call was the "incoming transmission" - how/why was she trying to contact that station? Naomi's boat is a different group? (Dharma perhaps?)

Patchy won't die. Probably the creepiest part of this show recently. Even Ben didn't understand why the sonic fence didn't kill him. He got a harpoon in the chest, then popped a grenade. Why won't this dude die? Or is he like Richard, who never ages?

The whole Christian Sheppard thing was strange too. Was Jack just drugged out, rambling about his dead father, or is Christian alive in the future? Interviews by the producers have said Christian was DEAD, but I've also heard them say, "Fans should be asking themselves where Christian Sheppard is."

No one wanted Hurley around, but Hurley became the hero. Go Hugo!!! But I'm gonna miss Tom.

I do think Walt was Smokey, telling Locke what he must do. That's why Locke knew to kill Naomi.

If this show is going to start "moving forward" by having people in the present, with flashbacks to the island, I'm not interested. I didn't care for that last five minutes, and I hope that isn't the direction TPTB are going.

Questions, questions, questions. The worst part is waiting until 2008 for more, and even then, we will only get 16 episodes, and then almost another year to wait for another measley 16 eppys. Do TPTB really think these huge gaps are a benefit?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I just started watching lost this season and have only seen the last 6 or so episodes. So I probably missing a bunch on information. My guess it woud be Sawyer or Ben the coffin.

What the name of the pregnant lady with the kid? I betting she was the patient in the hospital he wanted to operate on.

The flashes seem to be a few years in the future, otherwise them being rescued and them him saving someone else would have been bigger news.

What the hell is he lying about??

Comment

Working...
                                X