A Tale of Two Cities (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheppard
    yeah i really hope michael dies because he is a coward and not very nice but i hope the kid swims back to shore
    i dont think he is a coward because he is a loving parent and to see that he was helpless when walt got kidnapped i cant blame him for turning in some losties for his son (i know i would )

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
      i dont think he is a coward because he is a loving parent and to see that he was helpless when walt got kidnapped i cant blame him for turning in some losties for his son (i know i would )

i cant really comment as im only 19 and dont have kids, but i think i would do it for any of my family in his situation.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
        There was a better way. He could have been up front with Jack, they could have pretended to go along, and planned a rescue.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
          Spoiler:
          Well Michael is not a regular on the show this year so chances are we will not see him or Walt much on the show.
          Spoiler:
          The writers have said Michael will stay on as a recurring character through out the Season as we will follow him and Walt's progress and possible rescue
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            Spoiler:
            The writers have said Michael will stay on as a recurring character through out the Season as we will follow him and Walt's progress and possible rescue

i hope walt gets rescued then michael gets taken back to the island and gets whats coming to him!

Comment

Originally posted by sheppard
              yeah i really hope michael dies because he is a coward and not very nice but i hope the kid swims back to shore
              (worse: he's a murderer)
              yeah same here
              Though I'd rather Michael get caught & punished/jailed for what he did, but that's unlikely at least for a very, very long time in the storyline

Comment

I like the part where the other guy tells Sawyer that the bears figured out the food dispensing mechanism in only 2 hours - best line ever. ROFL

Comment

lol yeah that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                    I like the part where the other guy tells Sawyer that the bears figured out the food dispensing mechanism in only 2 hours - best line ever. ROFL
                    Yeah that was classic.
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

When Sawer tried to escape with that guy, Karl, but was caught back.. I didn't understand why they made Karl say "i'm sorry I involved you in my break out attempt". What are they trying to say to Sawer?

And please, can you remind me who are Penny & Sarah?

What I found interesting was the scene with the plane at the begining. We learn the Others were living in a sort of holiday village in the middle of the island (what for? we don't know). And they witnessed the crashed, and apparently they were not expecting it, but got quickly organized to infiltrate both sides.

We learn they had a sort of zoo, that had bears. But the animals are all gone.

We can guess the Others can communicate with the world, to get information about people. (they pretend having "all the life" of Jack in a big folder).

Ben promised the next 2 weeks are going to be very unpleasant...

The cells are (or they want us to believe they are) under water.

This new character, Juliet, might help them, I think. Even if she is with the Others, and at the end pretending that Ben was going to sacrifice her, just to gain Jack's trust, ("good work Juliet"), I think that the first minute of video shows that she has some psychological trauma (she was almost breaking down crying), and maybe that will make her switch camp and help the lostees...
                      And the whole book session showed she didn't get on well with some people. at least disagreed strongly about litterature taste!

Comment

Its funny how nobody said a word about the fact James killed a man in cold blood and so did Anna Lucia... Ana Lucia also killed Shannon, she shot her without hesitation. Micheal killed Ana Lucia and Elizabeth yes, but Elizabeth was an accident and Ana Lucia got what came to her in the islands eyes.

Comment

maybe the Island community is some kind of Utopia...and the presence of the outsiders is threatening in some way.....these Others seem to be skilled at questions and torture techniques.... do they only want "the good" folks for what they can offer in the way of helping the community to survive? just a thought that popped into my head. ramblings of an insane insomniac!

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                            maybe the Island community is some kind of Utopia...and the presence of the outsiders is threatening in some way.....these Others seem to be skilled at questions and torture techniques.... do they only want "the good" folks for what they can offer in the way of helping the community to survive? just a thought that popped into my head. ramblings of an insane insomniac!
                            Indeed, I also think the purpose of locking James and Kate up has something to do with eugenics and also because the others believe to be giving them the retribution for thier actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
                              What the others are doing with Jack is trying to break him. They could have left the food in the cell before he woke up but they didn't. They could have left the food in the cell after he was nocked out in his excape attempt but they didn't. Also they wanted Jack to try and escape. They wanted him to realize where he was. Which is underwater with many corridors surrounded by water so that he would feel helpless. Furthermore I don't believe he is underwater. The Others operate on lies. Lies within lies within other lies.

I say they're trying to break him because how does juliet know if jack is up against the wall. Nobody is watching him when she goes around to the door. There is no eyehole in the door to make sure he is against the wall. Its a way of controlling someones actions without their even knowing it. Jack should have figured this out. (I would have) I would have told her "NO"! "you cant trust me to go against that wall! I am not going to lie down for you or be brainwashed by you! You open this door and I am going to try and get out everytime untill you restrain me or I use one of these chains to hang myself because I WILL NOT BE YOUR LABRAT YOU BLOND BEAST OTHER!!!! YOU COME THROUGH THAT DOOR AND I WILL KILL YOU. YOUR BAD PEOPLE, YOU TOOK A PREGNANT WOMAN FROM OUR CAMP AND TRIED TO STEAL HER BABY AND HUNG ONE OF OUR PEOPLE FROM A TREE AT THE SAME TIME, YOU FORCED MICHAEL TO KILL AND BETRAY HIS FRIENDS BY USING HIS SON AS LEVERAGE, I HEARD WHAT HENRY SAID TO MICHAEL AT THE BOAT DOCK ABOUT BEING THE GOOD GUYS. WHAT PART OF WHAT I JUST SAID SOUNDS GOOD TO YOU". or you know something like that. or having figured that its probably a trick to subdue me I would go along with it until my chance to escape.
                              So does Jack know that Michael killed the two women? Do we see Michael and Walt again or did they really escape? I thought Walt was somehow essential to everything.

Comment

How dare they put Jack in this ep, but not John.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X