No announcement yet.

A Tale of Two Cities (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a strange and intense episode. I got mixed reactions to say the least. This season has started off with raising even more questions. Are the Others part of the Darma Intiative? Hmm. Very Hmm.

I'd give the episode a **1/2 on GW's scale.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

This place in the jungle doesn't seem to be the same place where Walt and Michael were originally taken - the place on the rocks, with the huts. Was that a "fake" camp? Or is there yet another group of "others"?

Interesting how the theory of the plane purposely crashing is now debunked. It crashed because Desmond didn't input the numbers in time. Was Fenry/Benry aware of the hatch with Desmond?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        did kate choose who she wants (jack or sawyer)?
        I think odds say she'll choose Sawyer, although I would've picked Jack.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          I think odds say she'll choose Sawyer, although I would've picked Jack.
          Well...

Spoiler:
          She's going to be told that Jack is dead in a coming episode, forcing her to take comfort with Sawyer
          sigpic

Comment

Very interesting episode. At the beginning I thought we were getting a flashback from one of our Losties. Nice twist that it was "the Others". Raised a lot of questions about them and what they're doing there.

And wow! Is Jack messed up or what? Talk about issues. It should be very interesting to see all the layers peeled away.

Nice bit with Kate/Sawyer. He was actually nice to her, which for Sawyer is amazing.

And Ben/Henry (knew a set of twins with these names so it hits me rather odd), is seriously creepy.
            sigpic

Comment

I was gonna post last night about this, when the episode was still fresh in my mind, but I was too tired .

Anyway, how about that teaser, huh? Wow. Just, wow.

This episode officially made me want to kill the Others, the way the treat our my-er, our losties. And god, did I feel for Jack. While the flashback portions didn't really interest me, his scenes in captivity were seriously gut-wrenching. Though for all his creepy evilness, I still adore the character of Henry.

Love it. Can't wait for next week (even if in the preview Sawyer's kissing Kate).

Comment

wow, amazing episode.

shame we dont see how locke and eko get on but thats probably next week, i think the whole idea of ben leaving juliet in there was a set up, knowing that jack is stubborn and that he would open it, then ben making juliet knock jack out. they are probably testing him at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                  Why would they have a file with Jack's entire life? How could they know everything?
                  I'm thinking that's why it took them so long to get around to abducting Jack, Sawyer and Kate: They obviously have communication with the outside world. Ben told Goodwin and Ethon that he wanted lists of names of the survivors. No doubt Ben and company would then go about researching each survivor to find "the good ones."

The kids would naturally be the first to be abducted, as they'd have the least history. Ben-as-Henry Gale was apparently captured on his way to abduct Locke.

I wonder if we'll get a 'Goodwin tries to convince Ben that Anna Lucia is "a good one"' flashback?
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I didn't think it was possible but The Others have gotten creepier to me. I mean, Henry setting everything up for Kate...that was just a wee bit disturbing. I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Spoiler:
                    I'm a big Desmond fan so that could be why I'm so excited
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      I didn't think it was possible but The Others have gotten creepier to me. I mean, Henry setting everything up for Kate...that was just a wee bit disturbing. I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Spoiler:
                      I'm a big Desmond fan so that could be why I'm so excited

yeah i know what you mean brother Des is cool!

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The House That Jack Built:

Spoiler:

Jack makes an emergency-room triage decision which saves the woman who would become his wife, but cost the life of the other victim, Shannon's father. This gives her stepmother the opportunity to disinherit Shannon, which leads to her manipulating Boone into following her to Sydney, which put them both on Flight 815, which crashed on the island, where Boone fell under Locke's influence and ended up getting himself killed, which crushed Shannon emotionally.

Jack's workaholic streak drives his wife into an affair and a messy divorce, over the course of which he lashes out at his father, causing him to fall off the wagon. His father operates on a woman while drunk, causing her death, and causing estrangement between them. This leads his father to flee to Australia, where he manages to convince Sawyer to kill an innocent man and work some serious emotional havoc on Ana-Lucia before he dies. This leads Ana-Lucia to go home on Flight 815, which crashed on the island, where she accidentaly killed Shannon. This act destroys Sayid emotionally, which causes him to capture and torture Ben/Henry, which forces the Others to send Michael to get him back. Michael ends up killing both Ana-Lucia and Libby, which destroys Hurley emotionally and ends up getting all four of our heroes captured for nefarious purposes yet to be divined.

So, basically Jack's responsible for screwing up EVERYONE. I wouldn't be surprised if another flashback revealed that he botched the spinal surgery that led to Locke's confinement to a wheelchair.
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Well...

Spoiler:
                          She's going to be told that Jack is dead in a coming episode, forcing her to take comfort with Sawyer
                          Whoa...where'd you get that from?...I live on Spoilerfix, and I haven't heard that.
                          sigpic
                          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                            Whoa...where'd you get that from?...I live on Spoilerfix, and I haven't heard that.
                            Everyone's talking about it around here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everyone's talking about it around here.
                              But is it just fan speculation, or is it something that was leaked....I've seen a few speculations along these lines from Jack/Kate fans but that's all.
                              sigpic
                              Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                              "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

It was leaked or so I was told.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X