The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    That was interesting and helped me understand a little bit more, but although I liked that everyone came together in the end, I did think it left too many unanswered questions. The show just got more and more confusing throughout the seasons and I think a lot of people were hoping for at least some things to be answered clearly. Then again, I think it's one of those things that maybe aren't supposed to have clear cut answers, it's supposed to make you wonder..
    sigpic

Twitter
    Whumpers Paradise

Comment

Guys I think what it really comes down to is that some of the viewers got really connected to the characters of the show, which I understand but the reason that I have been watching and I'm guessing a lot more of you have as well is the fact that the show is to find answers to the island and why all this crazy stuff happens there.

So I think that is why some people loved and some people hated it because we watched the show for different reasons, and I wanted to see and hear all of the answers to the mystery of the island and when I first watched the finale I was a little pissed but still I see why so many people enjoyed the ending because they did connect to the characters.

So I will say that I enjoyed watching lost, the finale was a good one that made me feel good for the characters but still I feel like I was cheated out of a promise that was made years ago about how everything will be explained. So I guess thats the only way I can express it, so when I heard that they might make a spin off, or sequel or a prequel or something about lost, I thought "Hello No" but now I almost want it just so I can finally get the closure that I and many others feel about lost
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I was watching for both the characters and the crazy stuff. It failed on both account IMO.

I was ok with the final until the last 10 minutes, meaning i was thinking that despite the fact that there is no anwser, it does no end so bad.

The characters moments, their "reawakening" was really great and emotional, but the way i saw it, it ruined their death on the main timeline. For the last four episodes, everytime someone died, i really did not care since i knew desmond would bring them back on the sideway timeline, and that's what he did, which was great.

Then the reveal, they are dead. I was thinking "So they have been killed, only to be brought back to learn they are dead anyway"

It went from happy ending with everyone to everyone dead in 50 seconds. I was really expecting an happy ending the way the episode had been constructed until then, and it pissed me off .

Comment

So let me get this straight as i have been thinking about the episode and reading all these posts, the island was just a meeting place between life and death and the sideways timeline was real life before they met on the island ???? they dont call it lost for nothing i suppose i should have paid more attention over the last 6 years

Comment

I watched the ep last night....and up until about halfway through I was really enjoying it like I usually do. Then I started to get a bit nervous where they were going with it. I hoped there would be some really interesting twist or some such thing to give us a really great ending.. after all I've been watching this show for 6 years!!! Loved it and never missed an episode.

Sadly it was not to be. I'm disappointed. I feel cheated.

I watched for the characters, loved to love some, and hate others. Loved the Island for all it's weirdness. Loved the plot of the first 5 Seasons. I have no problem with the story having a strong spiritual edge along side the Scifi and I could have accepted the sickly sweet ending if the writers hadn't ignored the main storyline.

More than a bit cheeky to have it end in that way. I really now think that the writers were just winging it.

I've heard that there could be a sequel or a prequel or a movie. Oh please I hope not...I think I'll spontaneously combust!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
              So let me get this straight as i have been thinking about the episode and reading all these posts, the island was just a meeting place between life and death and the sideways timeline was real life before they met on the island ???? they dont call it lost for nothing i suppose i should have paid more attention over the last 6 years
              The island was real, the flash sideways was them all meeting up after they died, so they could move on to whatever the next plain of existence is.

Comment

i wish the island stuff would have been resolved differently, so that when (or if) the afterlife stuff was shown, it wouldn't have been the *only* happy part for the characters!

so, *for me*, i'd have liked everyone to get off the island, with 'maybe' someone having to stay behind to make sure everyone else gets off. (hurly, hurly, hurly, hurly, etc)

this ending, while poignant, it just too sad for my tastes, and doesn't make me want the dvds of the seasons... now i know how they all end up... too sad.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sbn View Post
                  i saw this posted over at tv.com forum;
                  what were the promos showing/saying between each and every season finalè and run-up to the new season; throughout the first five (and even sixth) season(s)? Was it things like

a: "who will kate choose, jack or sawyer? Will locke finally find some standing room? Will charlie and claire live happy lives with baby aaron!? Find out on all new lost!"

or was it things like...

B: Who are 'the others'!? What is the island!? Where are they (the 'losties' in other words)!? Who is jacob!? Find out on all new lost!"

that right there, will answer the question "why the hate?"
                  All of those questions were answered. All of them. Not all answers were in the finale, not all answers were explicitly spelled out. But they're all there.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Would some technobabble explanation about magnets and stuff really be that much more fulfilling and meaningful
                    For the people that can actually comprehend what the technobabble might be saying, then yes, it is.

Comment

how LOST really ended:
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                        The island was real, the flash sideways was them all meeting up after they died, so they could move on to whatever the next plain of existence is.
                        The more I think about it, the more I like it.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

just change how horrible it ended for everyone on the island, and i don't care if the side universe/afterlife is touched or not.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            The more I think about it, the more I like it.
                            I defiantely enjoyed it. Not how i expected it to end but well done. We were never going to get all the answers we wanted. I knew from the beginning the finale would split the fanbase, it was just impossible to please everyone.

Comment

All of them had to learn to let go. Sun and Jin, to support each other and escape her father's control. Sawyer, to let go of the revenge for Locke's dad. Locke to let go of his anger for his father, Kate to let go of her past, Jack to let go and let others finish/do his job.

They all needed to let go and make peace and then they could 'leave the island'. but as long as they held onto their pasts, feelings of revenge or betrayal or anger, etc, they were trapped there.

for some it took longer than others.

taking off in an air plane, the symbolism of 'rising to heaven' couldn't have been more blatant

Theoretically, everyone in the world goes through this, however, since all these people died together, they all experienced it together, they just make their peace at different times.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ultimately this was a show about big, philosophical questions. The only thing I question is the idea that the island was real. It seems more logical that the island and the sideways world were both parts of purgatory. The island serves as a way of sorting who goes forward and the sideways world is place where people slowly say goodbye to their mortal lives, wait for their loved ones and finally set sail for eternity.

Comment

Working...
                                X