No announcement yet.

The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Island is a doorway to Sto'Vo'Kor. Personally, I'm glad the writers created that parallel reality to serve as purgatory instead of making the Island itself one.
    sigpic

Comment

A few unanswered things i would really have like them to explain about lost :

1/ Who dropped the dharma food in season 2 ? it appeared from nowhere.

2/What was the whole mess about the rabbit in the Orchid ? Everyone was scared about rabbit "number 15", ben referenced it once again in the next season i think, but never spoken of since.

3/ Why was it written Quarantaine on the door if there was nothing outside ?

4/ Why stop MiB from leaving the island, while he was still human ? And why did he not use the wheel to leave, after ?

5/ Why even protect the island ? it seem to serve no purpose?
      Last edited by flobo; 24 May 2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        2. I think all the Dharma stuff about the EM fields was the scientific explanation of the light.

Tacking on the phrase "Electromagnetism" doesn't really make it scientific. It doesn't explain why it made MiB all smokey, nor why there's a stone plug in the island.

3. You don't really have any proof of that. The island was starting to sink when the light went out and we don't really know what woud've happened if it had.

There's really no proof that MiB leaving would've destroyed the world either. Mother/Jacob just claimed it did, and MiB was destroying the island to escape. We have no idea whether the Light was "Human Goodness" for lack of a better phrase, other than claims by characters who probably can't be trusted

4. That plane wasn't missing for 3 years. It was the Ajira flight that landed on the island in season 5.

Ah, my mistake. Still, 13 days is a pretty long time for a plane to go missing in the middle of nowhere, loose most of it's passengers and pick up a few new ones (Claire, Miles, Richard, Sawyer). Kate & LaPedus are the only ones who were originally on the flight. Odd that they picked up a passenger presumed dead 3 years ago too.

And Richard spent a lot of time off the island so he probably had some kind of fake identity to use.

Fair shout, yeah.

5. I don't know about magical - just resistant to the EM.

Resistant to a Electromagnetic field, that somehow turned MiB into a Smoke Monster, keeps the Island in place and is controlled by a Donkey Wheel and a Stone Plug is pretty magical. It's bordering on Sci-Fi too, but really light science.

6. He told Desmond how he got there. He was recruited by the Dharma Initiative. And Radzinsky went crazy from being stuck in the hatch for too long.

The Dharma Initiative was wiped out in the 70s though, and the Others took control of the Island.

7. They explained the reason for the hatch several seasons back. The EM released as a result of the incident would build up continually and they had to activate the countermeasure to contain it every 108 minutes.

Still doesn't explain why it needed manual input of those specific numbers.

8. He had to bring Desmond back.

"Because the plot demanded it" isn't really a reason. I know Widmore said Jacob instructed him to, but I'm saying it would've been nice to see that.

9. It would've been nice to see some of that... but it's not really important to the story.

I think the origins of the Island, especially something that the entire plot ultimately centres aroud, is pretty important to the story.
        boldboldbold

Comment

the last ep was poignant and heart breaking and beautiful... but i didn't like it. i wanted a more happy ending.

i'd have preferred the side universe and island universe merging together, with whoever was the new 'jacob' being the sacrifice to everyone else's happiness.

this ending was just too sad...
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't get it, they introduce this new timeline thing at the start of season 6, and that's all they focus on?

The whole thing just seems so self serving.

Comment

When the bomb went off at the end of last season, it brought all of the characters to the island present time (2007ish). Their stories were told, there was no need for flashbacks, or forwards, the story of their journey through life to the island, off the island, and back again (O6) was told. Now, it was time to tell us what they will do to end their story.
              the sideways story was truly their ultimate ending, and their ultimate goal.

Comment

i dont know what youre all yammering about, its the best finale ive watched yet of a tv show... well one of the best....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  i dont know what youre all yammering about, its the best finale ive watched yet of a tv show... well one of the best....
                  Defently one of the best, The fact is that from the very start they knew were they were going with it. Personly I can't wait to go back and re-watch some of the older episodes, having seen how it ends n all.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                    Defently one of the best, The fact is that from the very start they knew were they were going with it. Personly I can't wait to go back and re-watch some of the older episodes, having seen how it ends n all.
                    what point is there to watch the older episodes? ending the way it does all you need really to watch is season 6
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                      what point is there to watch the older episodes? ending the way it does all you need really to watch is season 6
                      The point is that you can watch the scene were they first meet the smoke monster and know it's the MiB. Or when the others turn up and knowing who they are. It gives you a whole new way to look at what has happened, knowing how it is going to end.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        Some people might want to go back while self-consciously knowing how it all ends. They can look over their favourite characters and see how they evolved, watch their favourite relationships happen all over again, realise if hints of the final season showed up in the early ones, go over the mythos of earlier seasons and make up their own answers to stuff they wish to know about... Or just kill a metric ****ton of time!

Plenty of reasons.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Well, IMO there's not that much point to watch them all again since it is now obvious they made it up as it was going.
                          They threw this whole sideway-purgatory stuff to make everyone forget that they had no idea how to resolve season 1-5 plotlines, and the worse part is that it seem to have worked for a lot of people.

Comment

i mean you never gonna please all the fans in the world, and with the lost its exceptional hard cause they had so high expectations, me included, but I loved it...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                              Well, IMO there's not that much point to watch them all again since it is now obvious they made it up as it was going.
                              They threw this whole sideway-purgatory stuff to make everyone forget that they had no idea how to resolve season 1-5 plotlines, and the worse part is that it seem to have worked for a lot of people.
                              Your right, this ending basically dictated that the entire story line of the Island and it's mysteries was irrelevant. There was absolutely no point, they could have simply skipped everything. Obviously as long as you have some sappy happy ending people some will be satisfied.

I would now consider this show no different than if it was prematurely canceled. All they did was conclude a minor storyline introduced this season whist completely ignored the whole damn point of the show. I am sure this will happen again with some other show, but thankfully I won't be around to watch as I simply do not care that much for the TV medium. For me cinema is the only visual form of entertainment I need or want.....and it often doesn't jerk me around like a cheap whore.

Comment

I too think most people "got it". I "got it". I just didn't like it.

I spent 6 years, wrapped up in "the island" and what it represented? I wanted to know why these particular people seemed intertwined from the beginning, why were their paths crossing even before they ended up on 815. What was so important about the numbers? Why did the island need to be protected? Why were Jacob and his brother not supposed to leave?

What I got was a closure of the sideways universe? Something that only appeared at the beginning of S6. Yes it was nice to see everyone reunite? I could even have lived with the "everyone meets at the end in their own sort of "limbo" and then moves on" if I had gotten answers to questions that were raised from the very beginning.

I still think Lost was a great show. I loved everything about it until the last 15 minutes when imo they did "drop the ball" and make me think that despite what we've been told all this time, they really were just making it up as they went along.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X