How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    Mohinder's dreams were given to him by an Indian boy named Sanjog (or something like that), when he went back to India.
    I wonder if we'll hear anything more about that boy this coming season?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Alright, I have an idea on how Nathan can survive, but I need to know a few things:
      1. What was the kill radius of Peter going nuclear? (what was Peter's nuclear yield?)
      2. How fast can Nathan fly? (I'm assuming near instantaneous acceleration)
      3. Was Nathan flying straight up?

I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if Nathan could have released Peter during his ascent in time for Nathan to flee the explosion. Peter would have kept going upwards for quite a ways given Nathan's flight speed. I also counted, and it took about 14 seconds for Peter to go nuclear from the time they left the ground.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        Mohinder's dreams were given to him by an Indian boy named Sanjog (or something like that), when he went back to India.
        Sanjaya?? Aaaiiieee, there's a crossover I don't want!

Don't remember the boy's name, but yes, his power was the ability to speak to people in their dreams and/or to influence those dreams. Or something like that. Wasn't Mohinder, that's for sure. But I think that was already established...

Comment

NOOOO NOT NATHAN
          damn cylar and ihs coachroachness
          i hope Heor dies, i hate that character
          if parkman dies, ill be pissed
          Originally posted by cowpants
          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I don't know why someone didn't just shoot Peter. There's only one place you can hit him that means he won't come back, that leaves plenty of other places to hit to kill him temporarily or at least shock him out of going nuclear.

Unless they didn't do it for the same reason Peter couldn't fly: he couldn't control any of his powers. Maybe he couldn't control the healing either and thus would have died dead if he'd been shot. *shrug*
            I think shooting Peter would have worked. He never really controlled his healing, he just healed. Even when he was dead, as soon as the glass was pulled out of his brain, he healed. Shooting Peter would have stopped the nuclear explosion, and then he would have been able to use his healing powers.

Comment

I think Hiro has progressed the most as a character, following the 'epic journey' plot.
              Does anybody think that Hiro was using his time stopping ability to train? Besides giving the series a DBZ feature (using time dilation to train before a climactic battle), it would make Hiro's new sword mastery far more believable. (Unlike the instant sword training found in Eragon.)
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                Does anybody think that Hiro was using his time stopping ability to train?
                I actually assumed that. It's the only thing that would make sense. The question that remains is when did Ando leave? I imagine he left while Papa and Hiro were starting the training, and Hiro stopped time sometime after they had begun...and after Ando left.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

This eppey realy othered me. Im pretty sure nathan can break the sound barrier, so i think he flew away
                  Originally posted by cowpants
                  ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                    This eppey realy othered me. Im pretty sure nathan can break the sound barrier, so i think he flew away
                    Oh yes? And can he outfly the massive dose of radiation he's sustaining just getting his brother up there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                      I think Hiro has progressed the most as a character, following the 'epic journey' plot.
                      Does anybody think that Hiro was using his time stopping ability to train? Besides giving the series a DBZ feature (using time dilation to train before a climactic battle), it would make Hiro's new sword mastery far more believable. (Unlike the instant sword training found in Eragon.)
                      LMAO.....after seeing the unbeliveablity of how fast he became a "master" in that book, I have also become increasingly skeptical every time a character picks up a sword. I like your explanation. It's also probably not the first time Hiro has used a sword though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                        Peter saving all by flying by remembering Nathan,?
                        as an older by few days/weeks/months Hiro saves Nathan,?

Peter is without dout the most power full of the Heroes,

all he has to learn from Hiro is how to time trevel and meet as many Heroes as he can to gain/copy there powers, even the ones Syler has killed,
                        Peter can find out who from HRG,

:-)
                        steven house

Comment

Originally posted by steven house View Post
                          Peter saving all by flying by remembering Nathan,?
                          as an older by few days/weeks/months Hiro saves Nathan,?

Peter is without dout the most power full of the Heroes,

all he has to learn from Hiro is how to time trevel and meet as many Heroes as he can to gain/copy there powers, even the ones Syler has killed,
                          Peter can find out who from HRG,

:-)
                          Yes but the more powers he absorbs the more volatile he becomes...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                            No, I mean a printed book, produced by TPTB, for me to pour over. Of course, there doesn't seem to be enough source material for a full one yet. (Wait until season 3)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Wow, awsome ep! Though it did all happen rather quickly. I would have liked it to be more like an hour and a half long.

And I sure hope Peter comes back, but all in all, I'm glad that my favourite characters seem to have remained intact. Nathan, I wouldn't mind if he's dead, I think that works best for the story. Also can't wait to see who this guy Molly Walker referred to is.

As for Sylar.....I sure hope he was dragged, cause if he's still alive after all this.....

The cliffhanger=awsome! Can't wait to see this stuff with Kensei, and the eclipse- I hope we find out how that factors in as well. Wouldn't it be cool if Kensei were a "hero" as well.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied, just bring back Peter in season two! And Claude!
                              its just a hunch but from some of what hiros dad said, and the significance of that sword i think that hiros family are kensei's descendants. for the last few episodes ive been cursing nathan as an amoral sleezebag, definete politician material but at the 11th hour he came through and sacrificed himself, so hiro was partly wrong about save the cheerleader save the world, it wasnt to stop sylar it was so she could persuade nathan to do the right thing

Comment

I'm a new fan of Heroes. Didn't watch it while Season One was on tv. But I took a chance and bought the boxset. I finished last night and want to say, first of all, that the show is wonderful.

The finale was good, but not great, mainly because Peter and Sylar's fight was a bit anticlimactic.
                                Great parts: Ando's alive!!! Yay!
                                Hiro is just too cool for words. I love him.
                                Nathan came through.
                                Claire and Noah!!! He's Claire's real family, like someone said.
                                Niki and Jessica coming to terms with each other.

Good cliffhangers......Hiro in 1600's Japan.......Hmmmmm, Sylar...how did he get into the sewer and who is this uber boogeyman.....I hope Peter is not dead, and Nathan too.

I don't rally like Parkman so I don't care if he dies.

Comment

Working...
                                X