No announcement yet.

How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder who the man Molly can't track is. The one who can see you if you think about him. Next season's villain, perhaps?

Comment

I wish it would have been a 2 hours finale. there was just so much packed in to the hour. and the final scene could have been more action packed.

But good episode. I got the feeling that he'd be flown away some how. I thought Peter might do it himself but Nathan came in.

I also thought that Nathan might go out the window after Claire. but that was a kick ass scene. her jumping out the window and walking away. lol.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
        Unless Isaac's painting was a fake, because he's yet to have one not come to pass.
        Isaac painted the city blowing up. That didn't happen. He also painted Nathan (or Sylar as Nathan) in the White House. I suppose that could still happen, if you believe that Sylar is still alive and under his own power. Both Claire and Peter still have their brains intact.

Comment

I'm glad that Nathan saved Peter--I thought he would fly Peter to safety ever since Peter's first dream about the bomb. It would be great if he survived but I don't think he did. It would cheapen the story. I'll miss the character and the actor.

It took about 15 minutes for my friend and I to digest it all once the episode finished. We'd sit there and think and then talk about part of it for a little bit, then get quiet again.

I loved so much about it--Claire jumping out the window, Nikki "integrating" with Jessica and playing Whack-a-Sylar with the parking meter, the mysterious blood trail and cockroach on the manhole cover, Bennett's name being revealed, confirmation of Simone's father having a power, Hiro's "@$%#!", and how all of the story lines came together in that one place and are already branching away again.

I wonder what Nathan's death will do to Peter, though? I've always thought he had more potential to turn than Nathan. He's such an idealist, it'd be easy for him to turn bitter or be influenced while he's weak. He's lost most of his family now. He killed his brother and his mom is evil.

At least he still has Claire
          Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Like someone else said. I don't think Peter himself exploded and disintegrated. Since the explosion came from him he didn't get any of the effects. It was hinted at several times that he would survive if he were to explode anyway. Nathan on the other hand is probably gone. Peter was giving off way to much energy for it to not have effected him. I don't think he would have been able to fly far enough away to escape the blast either. The reason Peter didn't fly away himself was beacuase He was focusing to hard on controlling the radiation to use any of the other powers.
            As for Sylar. I think that we will see him again but this time he will be working for someone even more evil and powerfull than he is. Someone or something dragged him into the sewer and is going to revive him.

Comment

I wasn't expecting a big Peter/Syler smackdown, so that didn't disappoint me. As Simone's father said, Peter is about the heart--I don't think he has much taste for fighting. He was more about bringing people together. Which is basically what happened at the end--everyone came together to "save the world."

All in all, a very satisfying finale....

And in true comic book fashion!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Great episode but I give it only 9 out of 10. I was a little let down by the way all the Heroes were used or missed used. Nikki looked totally forced and out of place. She has super fight/strength and only hits Sylar once with a pipe. Then her little boy says that dad needs you and she stops fighting to help him because she what, can heal him? No that’s not it… use her nursing skills to save him? No, she’s a striper that won’t help. Oh I know hold is hand and die in the nuclear explosion that will kill all of them because she needs to hold her mans hand, as the flesh is torn off her body. Matthew did not even use his power to fight Sylar but shoots him with a gun? Give me a break.
                I guess I was just expecting more of a tag team one used there power to help the next to let Hiro stab Sylar thing.
                Loved the end with Hiro.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I also think that Peter survived. He survived in the future episode. Perhaps he will have a big scar this time too.

Also, there would be no reason for Nathan to sacrifice himself if Peter was going to die anyway. They could have still shot him in the head at that point.
                  Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                    Matthew did not even use his power to fight Sylar but shoots him with a gun? Give me a break.
                    Lol. What did you want him to do? He can read minds, that's not exactly an offensive power. Uh, hey guys, he's thinking he wants to kill us. Yeah thanks Parkman we already got that.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Lol. What did you want him to do? He can read minds, that's not exactly an offensive power. Uh, hey guys, he's thinking he wants to kill us. Yeah thanks Parkman we already got that.
                      Right... he can read Sylar’s mind and could have warned one of the Heroes right before they got hit with something to let that hero do or stop something. What Mat did, what happened to him even him being there was point less. And he could have played a much bigger part. I thought they would fit together like a 'I can't do this with out your help' puzzle and they each just banged away at Sylar until they won. Just not the inventive wow ending this show has kept me coming back for.
                      Still love the Hiro ending.
                      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

And let the speculation begin!

Peter: returns part man, part machine after colliding with the satelite and going nuclear. Sylar can't eat his brain and he twitches every time mom runs the microwave, but he picks up great XM radio.

Nathan: returns following severe dose of radiation mutated w/ 3 arms, 2 heads, and 4 legs. Power has mutated into ability to fly supersubsonic - he flies really, really slow. Which is good given 2 heads and a poor sense of direction. Impales self on a campaign sign (really, really slowly) and dies, crying for mommy.

Matt: "What's the big deal? Bullets? That's what bullet proof vests are for. You imagined the blood. By the way? My kid is already negotiating his allowance from the womb."

Niki/DL/Micah: "We are family!" Bonnie and Clyde raise Billy the Kid in urban Las Vegas. Take show on the road, Bonnie dances the pole, Clyde takes your money and Billy the Kid brings to meaning to pickpocketing and hacks your phone, PDA, and laptops for PIN numbers and credit card info.

Hiro: busts a move with Kensei: Dancing with a Samurai. Learns how to handle his sword. [*snickers from the peanut gallery*]

Sylar: returns from the sewars after subsisting on rat brains and cockroaches for a time. Shows new penchant for squeezing into tight places and cardboard. Likes cheese and has a new master, Willard.

Mohinder: clones self because there's too much to do for the only guy who knows anything. Finds way to combine fruit fly DNA with 'hero gene' and creates new breed of heroes with a 30 day life span.

Claire/Noah: build ark to replace home that burned down. Claire: "It's like a Winnebago, only without wheels. We swim with the manatee!" Put Zach's face on a milk carton, fear him lost. HRG writes best selling book, "How to Raise a SuperHero Adopted Daughter who Cannot Die for Dummies." Sells movie rights to Oliver Stone who claims he knew this conspiracy existed, but no one would listen.

All go on Dr. Phil to work out their daddy issues. Except for Sylar, who's issues are definitely mommy. Until he discovers daddy was really Mr. Telekenesis who's brains he ate and he weeps and finds his place in the Daddy Issues Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                          Right... he can read Sylar’s mind and could have warned one of the Heroes right before they got hit with something to let that hero do or stop something. What Mat did, what happened to him even him being there was point less. And he could have played a much bigger part. I thought they would fit together like a 'I can't do this with out your help' puzzle and they each just banged away at Sylar until they won. Just not the inventive wow ending this show has kept me coming back for.
                          Still love the Hiro ending.
                          Keep in mind half of these people have never met each other before--they don't even know what powers everyone has. I think they did fairly well for a bunch of strangers thrown together at the scene of the Peter vs Sylar throwdown.

Sylar is still too strong for any individual to take on alone--even by someone else with multiple powers. He's had months (years?) to hone his brain-eating skills and all of the other heroes just recently discovered their abilities. Parkman didn't stand a chance.
                          Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                            I'm guessing....and I'm probably waaayyy off base...that we've already met Kensei -
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm thinking that he's going to be Hiro's father (George Takei)
                            but again...It's just a guess
                            Actually, I think that's a valid theory. My first thought on the close-up of Kensei's face at the end was:
                            Spoiler:
                            Is that George Takei?

Comment

I thought the same thing, re: Kensei. I can think of a couple of explanations and hopefully it'll be one of the non-lame ones.

Comment

I can't wait to see whats up with the Samurai. How does Hiro always find the worst situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X