How to Stop An Exploding Man (123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! I sort-of called it!

Here's what I thought would happen: Syler would attempt to go nuclear, but Peter Petrelli would swoop in at the last moment and fly him away from the city.

Ok, not really what happened, but I knew someone is going to fly the exploding man away; pretty good for someone who's only seen the last 4 episodes of the season.

It was a great episode...now, I'll need to watch what I've missed to catch all of the references and backstory.

Comment

9th Wonders is a good resource. Very nice forum, too.

And I don't know if Uluru is related to what Molly was talking about, but since it's the one pic from the site that never seemed to show up in an ep, I figure it might be a good guess.

Comment

I think Nathan is dead, and in a way I hope he is. He redeemed himself and died a noble death, sacrificing himself to save his brother from having to live with the guilt of those deaths. I think it cheapens the act if he just flies Peter up and then flies away. I know he’d have to die from radiation later if he did survive…unless there is another Linderman out there to heal him…but that would not be as satisfying, imo.

As far as Peter, I see him surviving...I guess…if Nathan flew him into orbit he won’t fall back to Earth, has time to regenerate, and then fly back…but he would still have to cope with the powers overload. *shrug* He survived the first time he “exploded” in the five years in the future episode so I have no doubt he can survive his “explosion” (I don’t think he literally explodes and disintegrates, just releases an enormous amount of energy)

I’m not sure what to think about what has happened to Sylar. I thought his death was satisfying (I think he died), especially considering the new revelation that there is someone/something out there that is even more terrifying than Sylar. Maybe whatever that dragged him into the sewer just wants to have a nibble on his brain to gain Sylar’s powers.

Good episode overall. Didn’t disappoint. I’m so glad that Ando was saved.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
          My question is how can Peter regenerate if he's disintigrated? Doesn't there have to be something to regenerate from? Maybe he should have left a leg behind, or something.
          This has been answered elswhere in the other threads. WHen Ted was going nuclear, he wasn't affected by any of the energy waves. That means that Ted/Peter can survive because they aren't affected by the radiation. Eye of the storm, in a way.

When the explosion occured, there was a yellow core that persisted. That's probably PEter, whom is cooling down from a meltdown.

Comment

Wow, awsome ep! Though it did all happen rather quickly. I would have liked it to be more like an hour and a half long.

And I sure hope Peter comes back, but all in all, I'm glad that my favourite characters seem to have remained intact. Nathan, I wouldn't mind if he's dead, I think that works best for the story. Also can't wait to see who this guy Molly Walker referred to is.

As for Sylar.....I sure hope he was dragged, cause if he's still alive after all this.....

The cliffhanger=awsome! Can't wait to see this stuff with Kensei, and the eclipse- I hope we find out how that factors in as well. Wouldn't it be cool if Kensei were a "hero" as well.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied, just bring back Peter in season two! And Claude!

Comment

FOUR STARS!!!!! Bar none, one of the best, if not the best episode. It serviced all of the characters in some way or another, which has been rare in show where everyone is so split up. Niki finally stepped up in my eyes and came into her own. D.L. unfortunately didn't have a lot to say, but Micah and Molly were uber cute together. Nathan also really stepped up tonight and did the right thing for once. I've heard reports that Adrian Pasdar is back next season, but it looks likely that he's dead.

There was tremendous emotional growth for all the characters this episode, particularly Peter. Although, if I have ONE complaint, just one, it would be that the Peter-Sylar fight did not live up to expectations. Peter hardly did anything. Although, if both of them survived, they may live to fight again another day. What I'm wondering is whether Sylar escaped by himself down the manhole, or whether he was dragged...

Another highlight was Claire's realization that NOAH (I love that name) was her real family. Not only did it bring her character full circle, but it also brought about the show's central prophecy thus far: Save the cheerleader, save the world. If Claire had died by Sylar's hand, Nathan wouldn't have made the decision to try to stop the bomb.

I can't end my commentary without talking about Hiro though. He is by far my favorite character and definitely one of my alltime favorite characters on any show. Hiro has finally learned how to be a hero, his own way, as he tells his father. His saving Ando was expertly done, as well as his stabbing of Sylar. Yatta indeed. Also, he and Ando probably had the two best lines in the episode: You look bad ass & "%&^$."

I feel that with this show there is both a cliffhanger and resolution. I think Heroes is the show that's finally found a balance between these parts of finales. I will look forward to the dvd release in August eagerly and any and all Heroes content over the summer (a graphic novel every week is still pretty good!).

Overall, ****
              Spoiler:
              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Fantastic finale. Although I felt like the battle between Sylar and the others was a little underwhelming, I have no other complaints. A well done episode that serviced each character rather well.

I'm glad Nathan finally redeemed himself and I won't mind if he did survive (he does have a family after all).

It looks like DLs gonna live which surprised me quite a bit but now it looks like Matt won't be returning.

And Hiro in ancient times, quite a cliffhanger. Count me in as one of the many people utterly excited for Season Two (Sylars a regular next season, whoo!).

Overall, I give the finale ****s.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Wouldn't it be cool if Kensei were a "hero" as well.
                I have no doubt that he is, "the legend" points out that he had powers of some kind.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied, just bring back Peter in season two! And Claude!
                Here here. Peter's obviously not dead, he's the main character of the show in my eyes.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  The cliffhanger=awsome! Can't wait to see this stuff with Kensei, and the eclipse- I hope we find out how that factors in as well. Wouldn't it be cool if Kensei were a "hero" as well.
                  I'm guessing....and I'm probably waaayyy off base...that we've already met Kensei -
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm thinking that he's going to be Hiro's father (George Takei)
                  but again...It's just a guess

Originally posted by memnarch View Post

Another highlight was Claire's realization that NOAH (I love that name) was her real family. Not only did it bring her character full circle, but it also brought about the show's central prophecy thus far: Save the cheerleader, save the world. If Claire had died by Sylar's hand, Nathan wouldn't have made the decision to try to stop the bomb.

I can't end my commentary without talking about Hiro though. He is by far my favorite character and definitely one of my alltime favorite characters on any show. Hiro has finally learned how to be a hero, his own way, as he tells his father. His saving Ando was expertly done, as well as his stabbing of Sylar. Yatta indeed. Also, he and Ando probably had the two best lines in the episode: You look bad ass & "%&^$."
                  I also LOVED that Claire finally got her head out of her butt about who her real family was...and that the realization was the only way for her to overcome Mama Petrelli's power (which I'm guessing is some sort of ability to prey on people's wants and desires).

"You look bad ass".....GREAT LINE!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

all i have to say is....WTF

Peter is the cool one...is he coming back? that we know of...lame way for him to die if he did.
                    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

A fitting ending to an excellent first season albeit somewhat anticlimactic. I suppose those gearing themselves up for a big Peter vs Sylar showdown would have been disappointed but this show has never been about explosions and big fights.

So it's all about lurrrve...

I knew that Nathan would redeem himself in some way. He had that look about him in his conversation with Mama and Claire. I don't know if we'll see Adrian Pasdar next season but I hope so.
                      Peter? He can't be dead... but now that the future's been changed I supposed it blows everything wide open.

Love next season's teaser... like I said... this show is full of surprises.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        This has been answered elswhere in the other threads. WHen Ted was going nuclear, he wasn't affected by any of the energy waves. That means that Ted/Peter can survive because they aren't affected by the radiation. Eye of the storm, in a way.
                        Surviving radiation and surviving a GIGANTINORMOUS THERMONUCLEAR EXPLOSION are two very different things.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think Peter survives. After all, that's why Nathan was willing to let him explode, because Mama Petrelli told him Peter would survive. Also, in the future ep, Peter survived. It's also the reason Nathan ultimately decided to step up and help him, because Claire made him realize that even though Peter might survive, he wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. So...Peter survives I think.

I thought this was a great episode. Really nice way to conclude a season. We saw all our main characters, each had a part to play, and everyone stepped up when the time came.

As for Hiro in the past - what if he (Hiro) is Kensei? Would make for some interesting stuff wouldn't it?
                          sigpic

Comment

GREAT episode.

Also, Nathan CAN'T be dead, you guys.

Unless Isaac's painting was a fake, because he's yet to have one not come to pass.
                            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                              GREAT episode.

Also, Nathan CAN'T be dead, you guys.

Unless Isaac's painting was a fake, because he's yet to have one not come to pass.
                              they did change the timeline ...
                              there is so much to speculate for next season .. i love it
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                                they did change the timeline ...
                                there is so much to speculate for next season .. i love it

...and yet, everything in the comic book still happened.

>_>
                                McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X