Did anyone actually like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wraithdude
    River! she was at the end of Serenity and it would give her a job on the ship instead of just being the token crazy person who can also read your mind
    Hehe lol i like the token crazy person lol

Would have been great to see River's charecter develp more at the end of the film i was just dying to see what happened next *crosses fingers for another film*

Comment

I most certainly did NOT like Firefly.

I grew up on science fiction (my family has been fans of Star Trek and Star Wars for years), and I'm a big fan of Stargate, Farscape, and Battlestar Galactica, and I personally find Firefly an insult to such a wonderful genre.

I do not understand its popularity, and I'm just glad that it got canceled after one season. There may be many reasons for it's cancellation, but if it really did have such a solid fanbase and good ratings, it should have lasted longer. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by jonas_fan

I grew up on science fiction (my family has been fans of Star Trek and Star Wars for years), and I'm a big fan of Stargate, Farscape, and Battlestar Galactica, and I personally find Firefly an insult to such a wonderful genre.

I do not understand its popularity, and I'm just glad that it got canceled after one season. There may be many reasons for it's cancellation, but if it really did have such a solid fanbase and good ratings, it should have lasted longer. End of story.
        It took Star Trek three seasons and fifteen years before there was a major motion picture.

It took Firefly one season and three years.

End of story.
        Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Humn, well after reading up on how awesome this show is overhere on GW, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the complete series (only £18 too) and I have to admit I am really impressed, the Pilot is one of the better ones out there, and there are some fantastic characters in there, especially Mal (how great was he in the opening scene!). I had seem bits and pieces of the show in the past and wasnt overly impressed, but I dont mind admiting when Im wrong about something, and this is one thing I was 100% wrong on. As soon as I get chance Im gonna buy the movie.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

*barges into thread*

This Show was awesome....an the movie was my favorite of 2005, Fox are mean i loved the pilot to Jayne is just the best character! "you can never have to many grenades" LOL

such good characters, loved the dynamic an that ship, you could never tell if mal was gonna have a mutiny on his hands.

Comment

It didnt have good ratings because the story was thrown out of order and it didn't get any publicity. This turned off alot of potential fans. Fox sabotages good new shows in favour of reality TV.

Comment

Fox make 24 don't they

Poor 24 why do networks like reality TV??? i don't get it, i'd rarther suck 9v battery's than watch reality TV

Comment

Meh, I think Star Trek is an insult to the genre, it has spawned the evil trekkies, which has caused a problem for all sci-fi, the fans are stereotyped, to an outsider you couldnt tell a trekkie/treker(the uber trekkies) from a Gater/Gatehead(the uber gater), this means that no one out in TV land takes Sci-fi seriously, Firefly tried to break out of this and Fox slapped it down.

I do not understand its popularity, and I'm just glad that it got canceled after one season.
                  It is popular because it is origional, extremely well written and has heart and comedy mixed flawlessly. Why are you glad it was cancelled? It wasnt hurting anyone or anything was it?
                  There may be many reasons for it's cancellation, but if it really did have such a solid fanbase and good ratings, it should have lasted longer. End of story.
                  No one said it had good ratings, it didnt, purely because of how badly it was advertised by the [insert non PG word here] at Fo, the fan base was massive, that is fact, the DVD sales are huge, and that coupled with the fan reaction to the show and its cancellation led to making one of the best films of 2005. If you want to go along the Star Trek route, it was cancelled after 3 years, and it took 15 years to get a movie out, so by your logic it didnt have a fanbase. End of Story
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                    Fox make 24 don't they

Poor 24
                    Meh I dont like 24 that much anyway, but Fox like what is IMO shallow entertainment(look at what the Simpsons has become, all cheap laughs) so they will keep it going for as long as they can.
                    [QUOTE]why do networks like reality TV??? i don't get it, They like reality TV because its cheap entertainment, no paying the actors, and easy ratings.
                    i'd rarther suck 9v battery's than watch reality TV
                    Meh, I like both (Reality TV and Non-reality, not the battery thing)

Comment

Well i'm a shallow person i love action an gunfights but reality TV bores me....i wish they do another movie, serenity was great. Can you stup eany lower for entertainmen than watching people sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                        Well i'm a shallow person i love action an gunfights but reality TV bores me....i wish they do another movie, serenity was great. Can you stup eany lower for entertainmen than watching people sleep
                        i wish they do another movie
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I always thought that there was a 3 movie deal, must have misread something somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            I always thought that there was a 3 movie deal, must have misread something somewhere
                            really?
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              I thought I read that as well- all the actors signed a contract for three films for if the first one did well.

Comment

Ah, well it didnt do that well, yeah it was, according to most of the reviews I have read, one of the best films of 2005, it did terribly in the box office. From what I have heard it did well in DVD sales just like the series, but that might mean that they do a direct to DVD film (I got no problems with that though)

Comment

Working...
                                X