Did anyone actually like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leaper
    Yeah, I really, really DID! But then, I have been on the internet a fair while *lol*
    lol yeah on msn grammar isn’t really umm encouraged lol so well yeah English was always my worst subject

Comment

Fox does a great job screwing over great shows...I'd never heard of Firefly until a friend introduced me to it. Her boyfriend showed it to her, his family had showed it to him and so on; it's becoming known by word of mouth. I bought all the DVDs and have been showing it to friends too. Perhaps we can get another movie or a miniseries? There's plenty left to tell (Shepard Book's past, the Blue Sun thing and why the Chinese and English, etc.)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
        It's about a crew of 'misfits' for lack of a better word. A few of them lost in a war for independence and then bought a ship because they really didn't have a lot to go back to. Then they get a bunch of odd people to join up, including a crazy psychic girl and her prissy doctor brother (both fugitives), a Companion who fights with the captain a lot, a preacher who knows more about crime and stuff than some of the crew, a mercenary with a girl's name who also gives his guns girl names, a pilot who talks to plastic dinosaurs... you get the idea.

Then they steal and get shot at and have sword duels and wear poofy dresses and curse in Chinese and get chased by feds and fight Reavers. And they're really funny while theyre doing all this. It's GOOD TV/FILM!
        Put it that way and who wouldn't want to watch it?

Comment

Yes. I did. Quite a bit. I'd never seen it on Fox. They'd PO'd me enough with the random airings of SG-1 that I try not to watch them at all.
          I went to visit some friends for the weekend. SG-1 was a repeat that Friday. They told me, "You gotta see this." and starting feeding DVD's into the player. Saturday afternoon we finished watching the whole run. Saturday night we watched our favorites again. Good show!
          Loved the movie, hated the ending. "Leaf on the wind" Going to buy both when the I get the $$.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Put it that way and who wouldn't want to watch it?

*walks away continuously laughing*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Yes! but I didn't get to see it till Sci FI showed it. I don't get Fox right now.
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                Yes! but I didn't get to see it till Sci FI showed it. I don't get Fox right now.
                I didn't get to see it until I bought it.....Space just plays it once a week early monday morning..... They should at least movie it to Sunday morning instead of Seaquest.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes.....

When Paramount said they were going to do a pre-Kirk Federation film, I was hoping for something egdy, raw, fun and full of spaceships falling apart as they try to tame the newly discovered "final frontier," but NOOOOOO, they had to do a re-hash of everything they had already done and to be objective, "Enterprise" seemed more advanced than the original series in terms of time and technology.

Firefly is fun, witty, full of great characters and it captures the whole idea of a "home in space" better than any other film I can think of . It is more original than most anything else in TV Sci Fi.

It is odd, however, with the combination of old west with high tech and chinese with homespun. But once you grasp the basic structure and open up to the characters, it's great fun..........

Comment

Wow... Didn't know there's a firefly section on gateworld... Firefly is great. So is Serenity. Hope they make a sequel.

Never saw FF on fox either. The only thing I recall is a tv spot shown and I was like "oh that looks kinda cool" then heard nothing since until I chanced upon a re-run on space. Afterwhich I did something illegal; then I bought the series on DVD.

Comment

i watched the whole season
                      I WISH THEY PUT IT BACK ON

BEWARE OF SPOILER
                      AND IN THE MOVIE I CANT BELIEVE THEY GOT RID OF THE PILOT
                      HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTOR
                      AND HE WAS HILARIOUSLY FUNNY
                      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
                        i watched the whole season
                        I WISH THEY PUT IT BACK ON

BEWARE OF SPOILER
                        AND IN THE MOVIE I CANT BELIEVE THEY GOT RID OF THE PILOT
                        HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTOR
                        AND HE WAS HILARIOUSLY FUNNY
                        No one can, it's just a stake through the heart it is. I can't watch the series anymore because of what they did!
                        But, I digress...I think?

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Well Fireflies are known for its short life span... Whedon should've chosen a better title... Maybe "Giant Tortoise"?

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                            Well Fireflies are known for its short life span... Whedon should've chosen a better title... Maybe "Giant Tortoise"?
                            Don't be a smark aleck

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                              Don't be a smark aleck
                              Fine... But when Reavers find that glow-in-the-dark ship of Mal's I'll be right there to say "I told you so"...

Comment

Duh yeah I liked it.. granted it took me a full run through the whole series to *really* like it. And i had to buy the DVD to watch it, seeing as it didnt seem to get much press coverage in the UK... i only heard about it when Serenity was released. And i didnt get time to see that, as it only had a short run in UK.

Sometimes, (mainly in politics) in TV stakes, being in the UK sucks.

xZx
                                xZx

Comment

Working...
                                X