Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    finally i saw the movie and i love it!!! Snif for the lovely pic

Comment

Finally saw the movie. Loved it. But I wanted to cry when Book and Wash died. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to survive.

Comment

I just saw it.....I was in denial for at least ten minutes each after we lost Shepard and Wash.....sniff.....that was a heart wrencher.....Must watch again like.....NOW. THAT was the best movie I've seen in.....a very VERY long time.

Comment

In my humble opinion (okay, not so humble) Serenity was the best SciFi to hit theaters since Star Wars. And while it didn't knock up the fan base that they wanted, I think it was overlooked because it wasn't advertised as some cheap thriller. (That's what people in our society go for) But when it's all said and done, I loved the movie. It brought back some of the best elements of SciFi and challenged Star Wars for supremecy. In my mind, it's clawing it's way to possibly being better, but in the mind of the fans... it wasn't. It's a same, because Serenity was worth the money to see.
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

When I heard the makers of Buffy were making a space based sci fi, I couldn't wait to see it, turns out it's crap
            Originally posted by G.B Shaw
            Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
            Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
            Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
            You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
            Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
            One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
            You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
            The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
            www.7-scales.co.uk
            http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
              In my humble opinion (okay, not so humble) Serenity was the best SciFi to hit theaters since Star Wars.
              I love the movie and the series but that is a little overboard. You should start renting some more Sci Fi movies.

Comment

Oh, I dunno, beats a hell of a lot of 'em.

Comment

I would say that it is the best scifi movie since the original Matrix...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Outstanding movie. It deserved more support than it got.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Serenity is the freshest and best sci-fi movie in a couple of years.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Serenity is shiny.

Comment

I really loved Firefly, and was ecstatic wehn it came to DVD. After purchasing the complete series I was able to see every episode and get a full scope of all the colorful characters and their backgrounds.
                          Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to see Serenity in theatres. As a result I never read a single spoiler or discussion online so not to ruin any moment of the film. After buying the movie on DVD, I rewatched the series. Then I treated myself to the Movie. Very Awesome!!! It had everyhting from brilliant dialogue to beautiful VFX. The characters were so fleshed out, which is why you cared so much when some of them fall. Particularly, the moment a certain wisecracking lovable pilot bites the big one. Very unexpected. Sniff
                          A shame though, as a simple disfiguring maming would've sufficed.I would've been able to cope with him losing a leg or arm...or both. Seriously, they didn't need to kill Wash off. It makes the movie's end too painful to watch. In all his work, Joss sets it up so that you really care about the characters he creates.
                          All in all, I hope this opens up the door for them to create a movie series based on our favorite ragtag crew. And maybe someday...somehow.... they'll be able to bring Wash back. Sniff
                          Hell if they could bring back Spock.....

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            I would say that it is the best scifi movie since the original Matrix...
                            At the very least, everyone has to agree with that. I personally rank it as my favourite sci-fi of all time, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jms_scifiguy
                              I really loved Firefly, and was ecstatic wehn it came to DVD. After purchasing the complete series I was able to see every episode and get a full scope of all the colorful characters and their backgrounds.
                              Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to see Serenity in theatres. As a result I never read a single spoiler or discussion online so not to ruin any moment of the film. After buying the movie on DVD, I rewatched the series. Then I treated myself to the Movie. Very Awesome!!! It had everyhting from brilliant dialogue to beautiful VFX. The characters were so fleshed out, which is why you cared so much when some of them fall. Particularly, the moment a certain wisecracking lovable pilot bites the big one. Very unexpected. Sniff
                              A shame though, as a simple disfiguring maming would've sufficed.I would've been able to cope with him losing a leg or arm...or both. Seriously, they didn't need to kill Wash off. It makes the movie's end too painful to watch. In all his work, Joss sets it up so that you really care about the characters he creates.
                              All in all, I hope this opens up the door for them to create a movie series based on our favorite ragtag crew. And maybe someday...somehow.... they'll be able to bring Wash back. Sniff
                              Hell if they could bring back Spock.....
                              Your response of 'too painful to watch' is precisely why Wash died.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                                At the very least, everyone has to agree with that. I personally rank it as my favourite sci-fi of all time, but that's just my opinion.
                                It's very difficult to compare of course... The Matrix was a mindblowing experience but Serenity is about people and it touched me on a visceral level.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X