Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the movie when it first came out, and thought it was pretty good. However i only learnt last month that a series came before it. Since then i have watched the series, which was brilliant, and rewatched the movie, which this time round was just as good, and made more sense. Its a pity Wash and Book had to die imo though.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

It was sad that they died. Its still a great movie though. I've watched it a few times now, although I havent got round to watching firefly yet.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
        although I havent got round to watching firefly yet.
        You should as soon as you get the chance. Its way better than the movie imo, and i rated the movie highly
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
          You should as soon as you get the chance. Its way better than the movie imo, and i rated the movie highly
          Well i'm off university now until september so I'm going to watch it over the summer. Everyone says its good. I'm looking forward to watching it.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

It was sad that they died. Its still a great movie though. I've watched it a few times now, although I haven't got round to watching firefly yet.
            pretty much the same with me i saw a few episodes of the series on scifi and i was hooked then i saw the movie (sadly not in theaters ) then i watched the series and the rest is history
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
              I still haven't decided whether I put Firefly or Stargate SG-1 as my favorite sci-fi show (BattleStar Galactica is climbing the ladder though). Firefly was a great series. I curse FOX every day for what they did.

As far as Serenity, I feel more comfortable saying that I think it's my favorite sci-fi movie. It was just outstanding.
              sigpic
              FOX Network

Comment

Serenity is my favourite movie ever. BSG is my favourite tv show though. It's so much harder to choose a favourite tv show then a movie I find.....

Hallowed is Joss Whedon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa
                  I still haven't decided whether I put Firefly or Stargate SG-1 as my favorite sci-fi show.
                  I'd go with Firefly. Something that can make you feel that intensely for that crew, can pack in that many great stories and inspire so many emotions in the viewer in such a tragically short space of time? That's a unique and beautiful thing.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                    I'd go with Firefly. Something that can make you feel that intensely for that crew, can pack in that many great stories and inspire so many emotions in the viewer in such a tragically short space of time? That's a unique and beautiful thing.
                    The show and the film just have so much heart and passion put into them and it completly comes across to the viewer. It's what makes Firefly brilliant. They certainly achieved in those few eps what most shows don't over multi-year runs.

Comment

I think that Firefly is a better show that BSG (although not by much), but BSG has something going for it that Firefly doesn't; it's still continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa
                        I still haven't decided whether I put Firefly or Stargate SG-1 as my favorite sci-fi show (BattleStar Galactica is climbing the ladder though).
                        Its certainly a tough one.

Firefly was brilliant, but was only short lived, so i cant relate to it as much as i can to other shows, such as SG1.
                        Im sure if they had made another season or 2 of the same quality, it would be my favourite show without a doubt.

For the moment, it sits in my top 5 shows

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

serenity is my fave movie, but sg is still my fave tv show

sig by starlover1990

Comment

i was just wondering if anyone had seen the scifi channel in the uk around 6 o'clock tonight there were scenes from serenity on it and i just wanted to know if anyone knew if they were showing it for a reason and if so why. I think it was for the scifi channel cause there was the scifi logo. Anyways i'd be grateful if someone could help. thanks.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

ive just bought firefly the box set cause i thought the movie was brilliant. ive only watched one disc so far and so far im really enjoying it. its good. just goes to show that joss whedon really is a genius

sig by starlover1990

Comment

ive just bought firefly the box set cause i thought the movie was brilliant. ive only watched one disc so far and so far im really enjoying it. its good. just goes to show that joss whedon really is a genius
                                Absolutly, and by the sounds of it you haven't even gotten to the best episodes yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X