Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight
    At the very least, everyone has to agree with that. I personally rank it as my favourite sci-fi of all time, but that's just my opinion.
    Eh, personally, i'm sorry to say, I rank Stargate SG-1 ahead of firefly.
    But Firefly comes in as a close second only rivaled with my new love BSG.
    And Stargate Atlantis comes in third.

I could go on, but I don't wanna bore you all with details.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Okay, so I just finished watching the movie. Wow! Way better than I expected. I'd only ever seen the t.v. show like once, and while I liked it and thought it was extremely original, I didn't see how they could pull off a major motion picture. Well, they did it and now i want a sequel!!

(It also gives me hope for a stargate SG-1 movie in the future. *Please, Oh pretty please.*)
      Andromeda Fate
      Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
      "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
      "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
      "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
      "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Wash dieing was sad, watching Zoe walk so casually towards the reavers after was heartbreaking.

Nothing beats BSG as being the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Comment

I ran across a rather interesting review of Serenity. Even though I haven't seen the movie (I know, I know...), I thought the reviewer brought out some great points that also relate to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Anyway, I thought the review brought up some thoughts I hadn't seen before about the TV series and the movie.

http://tks.nationalreview.com/archives/089974.asp

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

at the begging of the series if you had told me that river would clear out a whole bar full of people i would had laughed in youre face .. maybe.

great movie sadly didn't see it in the theater

the usual humor and great writing

Spoiler:
            why in the frak did there kill walsh that so sucked

all in all great movie
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
              at the begging of the series if you had told me that river would clear out a whole bar full of people i would had laughed in youre face .. maybe.

great movie sadly didn't see it in the theater

the usual humor and great writing

Spoiler:
              why in the frak did there kill walsh that so sucked

all in all great movie
              I loved how they killed Wash and upped the stakes- it actually gave me the impression that NO ONE was safe (not even our Captain Tightpants). That's pretty rare in a series or series based movie that the viewer can actually believe that their number one hero could actually die. It's one of the things that made the movie so fantastic..... Wash was wonderful, but he had a good death, and I love Joss for what he did. At the time I was bawling my eyes out though. Again a rare thing to become so emotionaly invested in a movie. Actually it was more seeing Zoe walk towards those reavers with that look on her face. That was when the death sunk in. Before that it was denial.

Comment

That really brought home the drama for us... even though I know many of us didn't want to see Wash go.
                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                  That really brought home the drama for us... even though I know many of us didn't want to see Wash go.
                  agreed. It was a wonderful movie, except for wash :0(. The drama was great too.
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

*Cries* When will Serenity 2 come out?!?!? WHEN!??

....*Drags self off* Please excuse me while the more insane part of myself is dragged off kicking and screaming.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I just watched serenity again and I noticed that jayne didnt use Vera for the whole movie! I miss Vera!

Comment

I watched Serenity again and realised that Jayne must have a freaky-good metabolism. I mean, the guy is eating for almost the entire film, but he's buff as! How does he do it?!?

Comment

well it is the 26th century so i'm sure therte some suppliment he takes and in the series he bench pressed a lot
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i havent posted here before but i just wanted to say that i got the movie for my birthday 3 weeks a go and i have to say that i thought it was great. the action, the drama, i even cried a little, i thought it was really good. i hadnt watched firefly before, but now i've seen the movie i will make more of an effort and someone told me you can get the dvds so will have to do that. i bought it mainly because of joss weadon i was a fan from the buffy the vampire slayer days and i was very, very pleasantly suprised to find how good it was. just thought i'd pop into mention it.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              I loved how they killed Wash and upped the stakes- it actually gave me the impression that NO ONE was safe (not even our Captain Tightpants). That's pretty rare in a series or series based movie that the viewer can actually believe that their number one hero could actually die. It's one of the things that made the movie so fantastic..... Wash was wonderful, but he had a good death, and I love Joss for what he did. At the time I was bawling my eyes out though. Again a rare thing to become so emotionaly invested in a movie. Actually it was more seeing Zoe walk towards those reavers with that look on her face. That was when the death sunk in. Before that it was denial.
                              i agree with you

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                i havent posted here before but i just wanted to say that i got the movie for my birthday 3 weeks a go and i have to say that i thought it was great. the action, the drama, i even cried a little, i thought it was really good. i hadnt watched firefly before, but now i've seen the movie i will make more of an effort and someone told me you can get the dvds so will have to do that. i bought it mainly because of joss weadon i was a fan from the buffy the vampire slayer days and i was very, very pleasantly suprised to find how good it was. just thought i'd pop into mention it.
                                It really is worth watching over, and over, and over.....I bought Firefly after reading really good things about the movie, watched a couple episodes, and ran out the next to to pick up Serenity.....I watched it five times in two weeks, loved it so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X