Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanaus
    I disagree. I don't think the film was made for a wider audience at all. Having not seen the TV series a lot was lost on me. I think that is where the movie's failing was. If the goal was to attract a wider audience, it alienated that wider audience by presuming people were fully aware of many of the small details. The movie was lost in the detail.
    Well, Joss says in every interview that I've heard him speak in that he wrote it for a wider audience... That was certainly his intention... he even broke with canon in a couple of places to do so.
    I took a couple of FF virgins to a screening and they enjoyed it and caught on reasonably easily. Which is more remarkable when you consider the fact that they are NOT scifi fans either. My colleague and her boyfriend went to see it too and they were FF virgins also. They enjoyed it in varying degrees.

*shrug* Different strokes for different folks...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      Well, Joss says in every interview that I've heard him speak in that he wrote it for a wider audience... That was certainly his intention... he even broke with canon in a couple of places to do so.
      I took a couple of FF virgins to a screening and they enjoyed it and caught on reasonably easily. Which is more remarkable when you consider the fact that they are NOT scifi fans either. My colleague and her boyfriend went to see it too and they were FF virgins also. They enjoyed it in varying degrees.

*shrug* Different strokes for different folks...

I concur, I dragged a couple of my my FF virgin friends along and they said it was the best movie they'd seen all year, also convinced a few other people to see it...They all said it was pretty good.

Oh well, you can't please 'em all

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
        I disagree. I don't think the film was made for a wider audience at all. Having not seen the TV series a lot was lost on me. I think that is where the movie's failing was. If the goal was to attract a wider audience, it alienated that wider audience by presuming people were fully aware of many of the small details. The movie was lost in the detail.
        Perhaps you just lack the comprehension nouse gene, Nathan dear ...

:bolts back to the Calling All Australians thread where Nathan is sure to follow:

Comment

...a leaf on the wind

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
            ...a leaf on the wind

Great words, but sneh? where'd that come from...

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
              Great words, but sneh? where'd that come from...

Comment

My copy of Serenity appears to be sitting in Australian Customs awaiting clearance. Got shipped on the 16th, arrived in Aus today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                  Perhaps you just lack the comprehension nouse gene, Nathan dear ...

:bolts back to the Calling All Australians thread where Nathan is sure to follow:
                  Pfft

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                    Good pic, but that's not what I ment...

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                      My copy of Serenity appears to be sitting in Australian Customs awaiting clearance. Got shipped on the 16th, arrived in Aus today.
                      Mine got shipped a couple of days ago, and its waiting in Customs now. Yay!!!

Comment

Well, just watched the movie on my new Legal DVD. It was great. But I'm going to kill (rather give a lot of red to) the person who revealed Wash and Books Death, why did I highlight that spoiler.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                          Mine got shipped a couple of days ago, and its waiting in Customs now. Yay!!!
                          Shipped Friday, arrived Monday. FedEx don't take weekends off.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            Well, just watched the movie on my new Legal DVD. It was great. But I'm going to kill (rather give a lot of red to) the person who revealed Wash and Books Death, why did I highlight that spoiler.
                            If they spoilered it, you can't really blame them for writing it. That's what the spoiler tags are for!
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Where you spoiled for how they died? I knew beforehand that Wash was going to die (curse the lack of spoiler warnings! ), but I didn't know how he died, so when the leaf on the wind got stepped on, I was blown away, but I immediatly knew that Wash was gone (some mates I saw the film with thought he could still be alive) and that the whole situation was just as deadly for the rest of the crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X