No announcement yet.

Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my personal opinion, I seriously doubt that FS as it was will ever be on network/cable network television again. During it's original run, Brian Henson, Rockne and David Kemper all at one point or other mentioned wanting to do big screen movies. But since (unfotunately) full on sci-fi movies do not do well on the big screen, I doubt that will happen. I have a feeling that there is a possibility of more tv movies for FS but I really don't hold out any hope there will be another season of FS as it was.

This is just the way I feel and it is not fact so please, don't panic or freak out. I have no connections and am just expressing my feelings about the future of FS. I think ANYTHING we get in the form of more FS is better than what we've gotten since PKWars.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

If they do what they're doing with SG-1 I'm fine with that. I just want more than a few 10-minute webisodes

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

If the webisodes are popular enough and Scifi earn enough money from them, there is always the possibility of a mini-series or a dvd movie if they learn that the demand is there.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I agree with you. The writers should get a little more now that times are changing. More money is being made through alternative sources, and the writers deserve a cut of that.

I don't see the strike causing any real issues for the webisodes either.
        That's a sort of grey area for me. I can't see Scifi creating webisodes without some form of revenue being generated with it. Considering that's a reason why the WGA is striking, the only way they wouldn't be affected is by using non US/non WGA writers. Last I heard O'Bannon and Brian Hansen were writing and since they are both American, that would put them on strike.

I could only see the strike not being an issue if the webisodes aren't due out for a long time.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          If the webisodes are popular enough and Scifi earn enough money from them, there is always the possibility of a mini-series or a dvd movie if they learn that the demand is there.
          Since I live in Sweden, obviously I can't help with the ratings. I would however buy anything they throw at me. I really hope they pursue this.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

If these webisodes are recieved as well as I hope they will be, I definitely see Farscape having some form of future. I, for one, will happily accept Farscape returning to TV, or making a few DVD movies.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The webisodes give me hope, but seeing SciFi promote a show like Flash Gordon make me think that SciFi is now paying less then ever for it's programming, and Farscape is a pricey show.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
                The webisodes give me hope, but seeing SciFi promote a show like Flash Gordon make me think that SciFi is now paying less then ever for it's programming, and Farscape is a pricey show.
                Time will tell. Farscape returning could be just what the Sci-Fi Channel needs to put itself back on the right path.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Time will tell. Farscape returning could be just what the Sci-Fi Channel needs to put itself back on the right path.

You read my mind! That's exactly what I'm hoping for. The webisodes must lead to something- mini-series, dvd movies, spin-off series, or a revival of the original series. I can think of no other logical reason why The SciFi Channel would incur the expense of the webisodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
                    You read my mind! That's exactly what I'm hoping for. The webisodes must lead to something- mini-series, dvd movies, spin-off series, or a revival of the original series. I can think of no other logical reason why The SciFi Channel would incur the expense of the webisodes.
                    Exactly! Someone at Sci-Fi realizes they're in some trouble, and are looking for a way to kick-start things again.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm just saying- Look how old this Webisode Thread is. And still... no webisodes. Nope, I don't see any anywhere. Do you? Grrr- now where the frell did I put Winona?
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm just saying- Look how old this Webisode Thread is. And still... no webisodes. Nope, I don't see any anywhere. Do you? Grrr- now where the frell did I put Winona?
                        It does really suck that nothing has happened yet in regards to the webisodes. I must say though, I am thoroughly enjoying the comics. I am just happy Farscape is continuing in some form.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yea, I'm loving the comics. But at this point I would be very surprised if we ever see any webisodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yea, I'm loving the comics. But at this point I would be very surprised if we ever see any webisodes.
                            I will hold out for a little while longer. But in the meantime, continue to enjoy my monthly Farscape comic fix.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Claudia Black talked about the webisodes in a recent interview
                              http://www.collider.com/2009/12/14/c...ape-webisodes/
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                                Claudia Black talked about the webisodes in a recent interview
                                http://www.collider.com/2009/12/14/c...ape-webisodes/
                                I really still hope these happen one day. Until then though, at least I have the ongoing Farscape comic series.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X