No announcement yet.

Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see that Farscape will be returing in a webseries. Will introduce the series to a whole new audience.
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
      Glad to see that Farscape will be returing in a webseries. Will introduce the series to a whole new audience.
      Yeah, if they can ever get the funding they need to actually make them. Only time will tell.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Asked Rockne about this matter earlier...

"So, what's word on the fabled Farscape webisodes?"
        Was just on fone w B Henson yesterday on the subject. We want 'em too!
        What a tease, eh?
        sigpic

Comment

I hate being teased, I only like being the teaser!!! I was so thrilled to hear about these, I'd take my Farscape anyway I could get it and then nothing. Hope they give us something in the near future, I miss it

Comment

Originally posted by CCA View Post
            I hate being teased, I only like being the teaser!!! I was so thrilled to hear about these, I'd take my Farscape anyway I could get it and then nothing. Hope they give us something in the near future, I miss it
            I miss something live-action too. But the comics really are great. They definitely fill a bit of the void for me.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just so folks know they're not teasing us on purpose since getting funding for the webisodes has not been easy, especially in this current economic climate. They really do want to make the webisodes just as much as we all want them. But considering how long it took them to get FS off the ground before any of us got to see it I'm honestly not surprised at how long it's taking them to get funding for webisodes.

We all miss it, trust me.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                We all miss it, trust me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I miss something live-action too. But the comics really are great. They definitely fill a bit of the void for me.
                  Few times I've thought about picking those up. I was disappointed in the books, it was like...your professional writers these should be good. I've read better fanfic then those, so maybe I'll get around to getting the comics.

Comment

Few times I've thought about picking those up. I was disappointed in the books, it was like...your professional writers these should be good. I've read better fanfic then those, so maybe I'll get around to getting the comics.
                    From the reviews I've read, only 'House of Cards' is worth getting (by Keith R.A. DeCandido, same writer for the comics, I think)...I haven't read it yet (my copy has yet to arrive ). The comics are quite good (I like the writing, but the art quality varies per volume...nothing bad, but, IMHO, could be better).
                    sigpic

Comment

The only book that is even remotely worth it, is House of Cards. Why? Because it was written by a fan of the show and a fairly decent author. He at least knew the characters well enough to keep them in character. The authors of the other 2 books, probably never watched the show and only read the synopsis of the eps and character profiles. They knew nothing of the work the actors, directors and writers from the show put into those characters. Nothing. I regret getting the other two books because I can't sell them now. I'd get nothing for them.

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      From the reviews I've read, only 'House of Cards' is worth getting (by Keith R.A. DeCandido, same writer for the comics, I think)...I haven't read it yet (my copy has yet to arrive ). The comics are quite good (I like the writing, but the art quality varies per volume...nothing bad, but, IMHO, could be better).
                      Word! Krad knew/knows the characters and did right by them in the book. He and the other writers (including occasionally, Rockne) are keeping the characters in character in the comics as well. I've only read the first one. I just haven't had the money to get the rest of them. Some day I hope.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Wow! I just came across this..I truly hope they do the webisodes...you do not want to know how many times I watched the Farscape movie..LOL
                        Maybe we will see their son all grown up...
                        sigpic
                        artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                        My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                        When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                        And I held your hand through all of these years
                        But you still have
                        All of me..." Evanes
                        cence
                        [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
                          Wow! I just came across this..I truly hope they do the webisodes...you do not want to know how many times I watched the Farscape movie..LOL
                          Maybe we will see their son all grown up...
                          I have stated in the past that I would enjoy a Farscape spin-off based on the adventures of D'Argo Sun-Crichton.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

just surfing through the forum - here's hoping the finances get sorted soon. I would love to see some further development with this series - I loved this, I remember watching it when it was on tv.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
                              just surfing through the forum - here's hoping the finances get sorted soon. I would love to see some further development with this series - I loved this, I remember watching it when it was on tv.
                              That is about all we can do. Until then though, I am extremely satisfied with the ongoing comic book series.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think by the time they get around to the webisodes Claudia and Ben will be more than old enough to play the parents of an adult D'Argo. Sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X