Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very easily.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Farscape easy had a least another year in it i just want another DVD / mini series to give one last farewell to the characters knowing it will be definitely be the last
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

teeheehee.... I just met a guy today who said he missed "his show" I was wearing a FS shirt and he instantly recognized John and when I left he said, "my man, John Crichton". I was so tickled.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          teeheehee.... I just met a guy today who said he missed "his show" I was wearing a FS shirt and he instantly recognized John and when I left he said, "my man, John Crichton". I was so tickled.
          I've also met a few people recently who are into Farscape. Some new co-workers of mine got into the show a year or two ago. It is so great to see people still discovering and enjoying this show. I really believe that the reputation of this show has grown a lot as the years have gone by. And that is really great to see.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am a new fan of this amazing show. This show has garbbed me even quicker then SG did, although I love SG there is something very unique about Farscape. In a way I feel it is way ahead of it's time, and I think if it started now instead 10 years ago it could have been huge.

All the characters are amazing and I have found a new deep respect for Ben Browder. He was the ideal man for the job, and I think his performance in this show is nothing short of brilliant.

Even though there were only 4 seasons, you couldn't get better Scifi.
            Since getting into recently I feel privalaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
              I am a new fan of this amazing show. This show has garbbed me even quicker then SG did, although I love SG there is something very unique about Farscape. In a way I feel it is way ahead of it's time, and I think if it started now instead 10 years ago it could have been huge.
              That is an interesting thought to ponder.

I wonder if that would be true.

For me, I have to say I think it might have come along at the right time when it did. I only say that because it was one of if not the only major show the Sci-fi Channel was producing at the time.

Right now it's all caught up in Stargate stuff and money wise I don't think Skiffy would have been as willing to put as much money into Farscape if both shows had been on concurrently.

They may not have even gone to Australia to film the show, and in my mind that almost made all the difference as far as the quality of the show. I know that first season or so Skiffy had some Aussie tv station financing deal to partially fund it...like they did with the first season of BSG and the equivalent of Skiffy in the UK, but I think Farscape may have gotten the ax even earlier considering how expensive the show was and was getting which is the main reason it got canceled.

I'm not sure it could have done any better anywhere else either, as far as being on another channel/network.

It all boils down to that evil money factor.

Audience wise though you have to wonder. Would people now be more receptive to it? I still think the sci-fi/fantasy genera gets a bad rap and a lot of people turn their nose up at it.

I wonder though if the age of the dvd might have helped it. Practically every new tv show is stuck on dvd now. It might have gained a wider audience in that regard.

But I'm glad you are loving the show.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

All the characters are amazing and I have found a new deep respect for Ben Browder. He was the ideal man for the job, and I think his performance in this show is nothing short of brilliant.

Even though there were only 4 seasons, you couldn't get better Scifi.
                Since getting into recently I feel privalaged.
                Where are you at in the show, Starrtom?
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Where are you at in the show, Starrtom?
                  I am in middle seson 3 where they are back on the planet where that mechanic lives (Magda Zebanski, she's a hoot), to get back the wormhole tech she developed from stealing John's data from when she fixed his ship. Just finished part 1, part 2 will be tomorrow.

It's interesting those wraith like aliens that want to eat them, say similar things to Atlantis. "I shall feast on you" etc. Obviously they came before the wraith in Atlantis, but there are similarities there. season 3 has certainly been all action.

But there was episode that I thought was hilarious, the one where they are on r and r cause pilot wanted them gone, and they got robbed, and the girls got kidnaped for their aphrodesiac drugs in them. The writers and editors must of been on something with that one, it's out there. I have never seen anything like it. It borders between insanity and genius.

It will be interesing to see how they resolve the 2 John's, it will be sad to see one of them go. They are both equailly awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    That is an interesting thought to ponder.

I wonder if that would be true.

For me, I have to say I think it might have come along at the right time when it did. I only say that because it was one of if not the only major show the Sci-fi Channel was producing at the time.

Right now it's all caught up in Stargate stuff and money wise I don't think Skiffy would have been as willing to put as much money into Farscape if both shows had been on concurrently.

They may not have even gone to Australia to film the show, and in my mind that almost made all the difference as far as the quality of the show. I know that first season or so Skiffy had some Aussie tv station financing deal to partially fund it...like they did with the first season of BSG and the equivalent of Skiffy in the UK, but I think Farscape may have gotten the ax even earlier considering how expensive the show was and was getting which is the main reason it got canceled.

I'm not sure it could have done any better anywhere else either, as far as being on another channel/network.

It all boils down to that evil money factor.

Audience wise though you have to wonder. Would people now be more receptive to it? I still think the sci-fi/fantasy genera gets a bad rap and a lot of people turn their nose up at it.

I wonder though if the age of the dvd might have helped it. Practically every new tv show is stuck on dvd now. It might have gained a wider audience in that regard.

But I'm glad you are loving the show.
                    I think Farscape is one of those gems that will become one of the greatest cult classics. Perhaps like the original series of Star trek, it really only caught on 10- 15 years later. and we are at that time frame after the show was first made.

Comment

A week and a half ago i got addicted to the show and since then ive watched every episode from all seasons.....and i have to say i love the show but disappointed about the ending of the last episode .
                      Also did Farscape make any movies or did they just abandoned the whole series after the show ended?

Comment

Originally posted by Malviris View Post
                        A week and a half ago i got addicted to the show and since then ive watched every episode from all seasons.....and i have to say i love the show but disappointed about the ending of the last episode .
                        Also did Farscape make any movies or did they just abandoned the whole series after the show ended?
                        A year or so later they made a movie to wrap up the loose ends called The Peacekeeper Wars.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

They made a movie/mini-series to wrap up most (if not all) plot lines. It's called The Peacekeeper Wars, and you should definitely watch it. There are also 2 comics released recently by BOOM! Studios, and more are on their way. And as far as we know they are still working on making a number of webisodes, although very little information has been released regarding that

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Definitely check out The Peacekeeper Wars. I don't think you will regret it. As for the recently released comics, they are well worth it too, at least IMO.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Malviris View Post
                              Four seasons in a week and a half? That is a serious marathon, my friend.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am in middle seson 3 where they are back on the planet where that mechanic lives (Magda Zebanski, she's a hoot), to get back the wormhole tech she developed from stealing John's data from when she fixed his ship. Just finished part 1, part 2 will be tomorrow.
                                Oh wow - have you got an episode coming up!!! (keeps mouth shut and fingers quiet to refrain from giving anything away - you'll remember this ep for a long time)

Welcome to the group. Farscape only gets better in Season 3 and 4.
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X