No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something special indeed, to me too, they showed their flaws and strengths of all the characters, I liked that.

Constellation of Doubt is one of my favorite eps too, kinda brings it all home type feeling.
    Last edited by SciFiFan; 14 October 2008, 10:33 PM. Reason: i did recieve "House of Cards" just haven't had a chance to read yet

Comment

Yeah, more shows should take a cue from Farscape in developing their characters.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wish they would, it would give them more depth, there was so much of it in Farscape. Maybe that's one of the reasons we love it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
          I wish they would, it would give them more depth, there was so much of it in Farscape. Maybe that's one of the reasons we love it so much.
          I know it is one of the many reasons I loved Farscape so much.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I know it is one of the many reasons I loved Farscape so much.
            many is right, don't even get my started on them, I think I could go for quite awhile

Comment

many is right, don't even get my started on them, I think I could go for quite awhile
              Believe me, I know what you mean, my friend.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Reasons I love Farscape

1. Consequences of actions (good and bad) carry on thru the whole series.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Reasons I love Farscape

That is definitely one of the reasons high on my list of why I love Farscape.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                    Reasons I love Farscape

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    That is definitely one of the reasons high on my list of why I love Farscape.
                    Me too, that pretty much sums up a lot of it.

I loved each characters individuality, they didn't need another character to make their character. They are strong characters on their own. (hope that made sense)
                    Last edited by SciFiFan; 27 October 2008, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Me too, that pretty much sums up a lot of it.

I loved each characters individuality, they didn't need another character to make their character. They are strong characters on their own. (hope that made sense)
                      You made perfect sense. And, I couldn't agree more.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Exactly!
                        2. Detailed and fleshed out (but not perfect) characters that have been molded from past life experiences with problems and insecurities that can affect their judgements throughout the show. Plus the characters grow and change based on their experiences.

Aeryn changes from the hard black and white peacekeeper to the more emotional caring person. John goes from the happy go lucky astronut to the serious almost psychotic warrior. Even Rygel becomes less selfish and money hungry.

I'm not sure I'm describing this properly. I've don't think I've seen a show treat the characters quite this way.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

To be fair, Babylon 5 was just as amazing as FarScape in terms of characterizations and story--with characters who are just as fleshed out and change throughout the series, and actions having consequences.

But, Babylon 5 isn't set aboard a living ship like Moya. It's for that reason that FarScape is #1 and B5 #2 on my favorites list. That and FS's weirdiness.
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Hehe, I love Farscape's weirdness and quirks. It makes me sad that some people won't watch it for those very reasons. Oh well, their loss
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Hehe, I love Farscape's weirdness and quirks. It makes me sad that some people won't watch it for those very reasons. Oh well, their loss
                              Those quirks are what made Farscape the show it was. And many of us loved it for that reason. But, I can totally understand that Farscape isn't a show for everybody. I've found that most people either really like it (like me), or it just isn't for them. I personally haven't encountered too many people in the middle, who think it is just ok.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Plus it was just so damn funny! The idea of putting essentially a modern (sci-fi appreciating) man into that situation was genius. It's the perfect 'in' for all the viewers, all the questions you want to ask, he asks for you.

Plus.... you know.... tasty alien women

Comment

Working...
                                X