Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Farscape just isn't for some people. But for those that do come to appreciate it like we do, they come to realize what they have been missing out on. I hope your friend is one of the latter people.
    She's someone who I think will enjoy it. Or I would not have kept after her for so long.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
      She's someone who I think will enjoy it. Or I would not have kept after her for so long.
      Yeah, my Dad was the same way. Got him liking it too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, my Dad was the same way. Got him liking it too.
        If she were closer I would just have made her watch, but Japan just is not close to Montana
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
          If she were closer I would just have made her watch, but Japan just is not close to Montana
          No, it is definitely not close.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well I've just finished season 3, and what a season. Full of drama, humor, action, love, hate, space battles, death, life, insanity; I am exhausted after seeing it. Bring on season 4 and then the Peacekeeper War. I think I am going to rewatch this show about 10 times and by then I would hope to have picked up everything to know about it. Thanks Farscape, you are truly a classic, and Ben Browder you are a legend.

Comment

Hey a Farscape comic book ad at the top of the page (from TFAW). Cool!
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                I'm going house and dog sitting for 2 weeks and they don't have cable so I'm taking Farscape dvds with me. I think it's been over a year since I've watched the show from the beginning.
                That sounds like fun to me!

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                Hey all!

So, I have to share my little Farscape happiness today. When I first tried watching Farscape, I borrowed the episodes from our public library, but we were missing one of the discs for season 1 (vol. 8, which has Durka Returns and Human Reaction on it). So when I watched season 1, I never saw those episodes. Well, to make a long story short, I got my mom hooked on Farscape and she started buying the seasons on ebay, but still couldn't get a copy of vol. 8 (because it's too frelling expensive!). Now, the good news of my day is that we finally found a decent copy of it and it came today! So after two years, I've finally seen ALL of Farscape.

I gotta say, Durka Returns was interesting. Of course, since I've seen the rest of the series, I wasn't terribly surprised by any of it. But at least I finally know how Chianna joined the gang. And Human Reaction was great.

It was a wonderful way to spend my evening.
                AWESOME story!! It took me over a year to see two episodes of season one that I managed to keep missing, too... but they were early eps. Durka Returns and AHR are seminal eps! Too bad it took you so long to see 'em. I adore 'em both.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Heh... in Human bioscience today we were learning about Sebaceous glands. I snerked and turned to the girl next to me and asked "have you watched Farscape?"

The answer was yes! What the... hehe, very rare in New Zealand but I found one of us!
                  Too funny!

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                  Lol. Not just rare in New Zealand. I rarely find people in the States who know what Farscape is. But maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. There must be more Farscape fans out there somewhere.
                  Try wearing a FS shirt next time you go someplace that'll have a huge crowd. I wore one to the San Diego County Fair and met a few Scapers. Even met one at the doctor's office a couple weeks ago. They are everywhere.

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                  Well I've just finished season 3, and what a season. Full of drama, humor, action, love, hate, space battles, death, life, insanity; I am exhausted after seeing it. Bring on season 4 and then the Peacekeeper War. I think I am going to rewatch this show about 10 times and by then I would hope to have picked up everything to know about it. Thanks Farscape, you are truly a classic, and Ben Browder you are a legend.
                  It really is and he really is. And hey, season three was the "season of death" It HAD to be full of emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    AWESOME story!! It took me over a year to see two episodes of season one that I managed to keep missing, too... but they were early eps. Durka Returns and AHR are seminal eps! Too bad it took you so long to see 'em. I adore 'em both.
                    Yeah, I know... of all of the episodes for me to miss.
                    Oh well, the last gaps in my Farscape watching have been filled. And they were both awesome eps.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    Try wearing a FS shirt next time you go someplace that'll have a huge crowd. I wore one to the San Diego County Fair and met a few Scapers. Even met one at the doctor's office a couple weeks ago. They are everywhere.
                    LOL! That's fantastic. I'll have to try that.

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up! I finished season 4 last year during spring break. I think I watched the last half of the season in a single sitting. It's a wild ride. Of course, this is Farscape, so it's always a wild ride.
                    And yes, Farscapre definitely is a classic.
                    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Farscape will always be a classic. And I really believe it will only become more and more appreciated for what it was as the years go on.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hi,
                        sorry for not posting for so long. Life got in the way.
                        I'm just going trough the second season of the FS. And enjoying every minute of it.
                        However, I have a question. (Seems so that I miss some DVD's) did Scorpius appear in first or second season? I missed some of the episodes, but I'm not sure was is from the first or second season...

Comment

Originally posted by leksa View Post
                          However, I have a question. (Seems so that I miss some DVD's) did Scorpius appear in first or second season? I missed some of the episodes, but I'm not sure was is from the first or second season...
                          He appears near the end of S1 - ep 19 Nerve.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

I went to the website but this is all that is listed. No pictures or prices.
                            ---------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                            The Jim Henson Company
                            323.802-1608
                            [email protected]
                            THE JIM HENSON COMPANY TO HONOR THE 10TH
                            ANNIVERSARY OF FAN FAVORITE “FARSCAPE” WITH A
                            LIMITED EDITION ONLINE T-SHIRT SALE
                            HOLLYWOOD, CA – March 9, 2009 – The Jim Henson Company has
                            announced that it will launch a 10th anniversary celebration of the debut of its
                            award-winning series FARSCAPE by producing brand new, limited edition t-shirts
                            available for sale through the Company’s website, www.henson.com. The
                            FARSCAPE shirts will be available for 24 hours only - beginning at 12:00am on
                            March 19th, 2009, to commemorate ten years to the day since the series debuted
                            as one of the greatest sci-fi series of all time. The shirt will be a must-have for
                            dedicated fans and collectors of the series.
                            FARSCAPE follows the adventures of astronaut John Crichton as a freak
                            accident during an experimental space mission catapults him across a thousand
                            galaxies to an alien battlefield. Suddenly, he's trapped among alien creatures
                            wielding deadly technology - a battle that 20th century sci-fi pop culture never
                            prepared him for. Hunted by a merciless military race, Crichton begins his quest
                            for home from a distant galaxy.
                            A groundbreaking sci-fi production, FARSCAPE is a global favorite. Named by
                            TV Guide as one of television's “Best Cult Shows Ever” and by Empire Magazine
                            as one of the "50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time," FARSCAPE is known for the
                            overwhelming fan-based campaign that led to its miniseries production,
                            FARSCAPE: The Peacekeeper Wars. The show has continued to find new
                            audiences as it airs in syndication and is available on DVD around the world as
                            well as on iTunes, where it debuted as the top selling sci-fi show. Figurines and
                            plush are also available along with the FARSCAPE comic book series which was
                            entirely sold out five days after its first volume premiered in December 2008.
                            ###
                            About The Jim Henson Company
                            The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family
                            entertainment for over 50 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in
                            puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world
                            famous Muppets (the rights to which are now owned by The Walt Disney
                            Company), Henson is the recipient of over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy
                            Awards. Recent credits include “Sid the Science Kid, now airing on PBS KIDS
                            and “Pajanimals”, currently seen on Sprout. Features include “The Dark Crystal,”
                            “Labyrinth,” “MirrorMask,” and the recently released direct to DVD “Unstable
                            Fables.” Television productions include “Fraggle Rock” and the sci-fi cult series
                            “Farscape.” With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson
                            Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot,
                            complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. Independently owned
                            and operated by the five adult children of founder Jim Henson, the Company is
                            also home to Jim Henson's Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building
                            and visual effects group with international film, television and advertising clients,
                            as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry's top recording
                            facilities known for its world-class blend of state of the art and vintage equipment.
                            The Company is currently in production on 40 episodes of “Dinosaur Train,” an
                            animated preschool series teaching concepts of natural science, natural history
                            and paleontology, set to debut on PBS KIDS in fall 2009. The Company’s
                            Henson Alternative brand continues to produce “Puppet Up! - Uncensored,” a live
                            puppet improvisational show that runs monthly at the Avalon Hollywood. The
                            Company has also announced the creation of Jim Henson Designs, a
                            merchandise collection inspired by Jim Henson’s earliest sketches, and The Jim
                            Henson Company: Discoveries, an acquisitions banner that celebrates
                            outstanding third party produced independent film, television and video
                            productions from around the globe embodying the Company’s enduring legacy.
                            www.henson.com
                            sigpic

Comment

I will definitely be checking out that T-shirt. If it isn't too pricey.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I will definitely be checking out that T-shirt. If it isn't too pricey.
                                Me too! I might get one to surprise my evil twinny since she's all the way in Australia and New Zealand for the next 3 weeks on vacation.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X