No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple questions for all of you Farscape fans. What got you into this show? What was the first episode you saw?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I have a couple questions for all of you Farscape fans. What got you into this show? What was the first episode you saw?
      Brian kept mentioning how great this show is so I started watching. also I wanted to see more of BB and CB in order to compare their acting performances in Farscape and SG-1. my first ep was the Premiere
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Mainly, it was curiosity. I saw the show on sale a couple times at a store, then, one night, I saw it was going to come on--when it was beginning its syndication run on FOX back in '05. So, I decided to check it out. Lucky for me, I caught the Premiere episode that first night. Then, it was Pilot and Moya as well as the humor that brought me back the next week. I found the concept of a series taking place aboard a living ship a fascinating one.
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I guess it was pre-2002 and don't know if I caught them in reruns or not - First episode I saw was either Die Me, Dichotomy or Revenging Angel, though I can't remember if I watched both all the way through. I remembered more scenes from DMD -
          Spoiler:
          in particular Aeryn's death and John's babbling at the end of the episode

Needless to say, DMD had me interested, but for some reason I just never tried to catch anymore episodes.

Then BB and CB showed up on Stargate, and I started paying attention to the BB (and CB) buzz on these forum and checked out a few fan vids. Got hooked almost immediately.

First episode after that was Premiere, about Oct 2006, then found FS in syndication, so was watching S3 and S4 in syndication while watching S1 in order via NetFlix. I was a very confused gal for a while! I have only three episodes left that I have never, ever seen and I'm starting to feel sad Of course, I have the second half of S4 to watch in order, and most of those episodes I remember very little about. Then I'll watch PKW for the upteenth time

Comment

A buddy of mine at work got me into this show. It was in it's second season, and he had most of the first season on tape. He loaned me the tapes, and I caught myself up. Been hooked ever since. First episode I saw was the Premiere.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
              Then I'll watch PKW for the upteenth time
              Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. I can't even say how many times I've probably seen every episode of this show. It just never gets old to me.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The first episode I saw was the Premiere. I hadn't watched it at all until last year but after being introduced to Vala and Mitchell and hearing bits and pieces about it I was intrigued. Me watching actually had a lot to do with me seeing all the Farscape sigs bouncing around gateworld. I thought it looked like fun, and it looked like it had a 'ship just up my street, so I got hold of the series. Now I'm hooked and wonder what hole I lived in before I found it
                sigpic

Comment

The premiere was the first episode I saw, too. It was way back about 1999 - near the end of the year, I think. I caught the episode and the rest of series on its first run on British television. BBC2 was the channel that had the rights to air it. BBC2 is one of the few decent channels over here that's willing to give the sci fi genre a chance. Well, I was completely blown away and I knew it was a must-watch show right after the first episode.

I still don't own the series on DVD, but hopefully, I will buy it sometime this year. Trouble is, there are so many shows that I'd love to own on DVD - and they all have their priority in my order of favourite shows - but Farscape is definitely right up there at the top.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I vaguely remember catching part of "Thank God It's Friday Again" some Saturday arvo and being a bit interested (but not enough to find out what the hell I was watching).
                    Finally got into it after watching the first couple of episodes of season 9. Enjoyed BB and CB so much I thought I'd better check it out.

Comment

It's really great that so many people seem to have discovered this great show through BB and CB being on SG-1. We long-time Scapers welcome you all. It's great to see the FS fanbase continue to grow.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It really has become a part of a staple diet for me. There are so many farscapisms that slip into my daily speech now. I don't notice I'm doing it anymore until someone next to me goes "eh?"
                        sigpic

Comment

How did I get hooked on FS?

Three words...

Jim

Henson

Productions

I kid you not. I was watching USA way back when FS was just a wee baby and they were running an ad for this show (the name wasn't mentioned at the time or I don't remember hearing it) that had a funky lookin' dude with some funny lookin' dreds (D'Argo) and this kick ass chick (Aeryn) and the voice over was talking - I haven't a clue what they were saying - and I pointed at the tv and said "I want to watch that show. I'd watch that" and then they said it was on SciFi. I didn't have SciFi at the time. Then the voice over mentioned those three magic words that will get me to watch anything...

Jim

Henson

Productions

I have always been a big fan of Jim Henson and as a result, JHP. His kids are keeping his memory alive and well with all the cool stuff they do. I think Daddy would be proud.

As to the first eps I saw, PKTech Girl on USA. At the time USA ran a few eps. Then my landlady at the time upped the rent enough to up the cable package and we got SciFi. I was hooked from then on. All of my friends KNEW not to call me on Friday nights because I was watching Farscape.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

It's really great that so many people seem to have discovered this great show through BB and CB being on SG-1. We long-time Scapers welcome you all. It's great to see the FS fanbase continue to grow.

It's kind of funny. In my case, it was because of Stargate that I discovered FarScape was going to be on that Sunday two years ago. But, it was before I saw Ben or Claudia there. For me, at the time, FarScape was just another science fiction series worth checking out besides the Stargate series.
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

It was actually Ben coming to SG1 that got me into Farscape. When I heard he was coming on I was checking out his profile on imdb ... Clicked on Farscape, it sounded interesting so I decided to check it out.

The first episode I saw was actually "Exodus from Genesis." When I decided to check the show out I went fishing and it was the only episode I could find. I watched it and was totally hooked.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I actually started watching Farscape when it first aired. I saw the Premiere and was just blown away by this show. It seemed to have endless possibilities a whole new universe to explore. However during halfway through Season 1 I got bored with Farscape and shelved the idea of watching it again. It felt like it didn't utilize it's full potential.

I know I was wrong to think that. When Ben and Claudia joined SG-1 I gave Farscape another chance and I love this show now. Season 1 really seems to be the shows lowest point. It took me some time to get past it but the rest was the best damn Sci-Fi I have ever seen.

I immediately ordered the complete show on DVD. I had to get Season 1 Starburst Edition from eBay for a very high price but it should be worth it. The rest I ordered from Amazon. I am looking forward to the Special Features and Audio Commentaries.

Comment

Working...
                                X