• Show
Clear All

It has promise..
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

TV Now has an interview with Joe Morton available here:

http://www.tv-now.com/intervus/jmorton/index.html

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I found it really poor, but will carry on watching it anyways to see if it gets better.
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

IGN interviews Co-creator Andrew Cosby

From IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/719/719192p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Eureka: From Animated to Live Action

Co-creator Andrew Cosby talks beginnings and inspirations.

by Jason Van Horn

July 17, 2006 - On July 18, 2006 Eureka premieres on the SCI FI Channel as a two-hour movie. Eureka is about a town full of geniuses and scientists. Proposed by Albert Einstein and commissioned by President Harry S. Truman after the nuclear bombs of World War II dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Eureka was developed as a safe haven for scientists, where they could come to work together on projects for the government, ensuring that America was always the first to discover new technologies, so that the "close call" of the nuclear arms race would never come to fruition again.

In a recent interview, one of the co-creators of Eureka - Andrew Cosby - detailed in great detail how Eureka came to be and what you can expect if you tune in to watch Eureka.

Unbeknownst to practically everyone in attendance, Eureka was not always intended for the state it is currently in, which is that of a live action series on the SCI FI Channel. In the early days, Eureka was to be much more inline with the traditional cartoon television series. "The genesis was, actually, it was originally designed to be an animated series. I had this in my back pocket for years and it was called Eurekaville, and I had been approached to create a kind of a new Simpsons sort of idea, and my idea was this town nestled in the Pacific Northwest that housed the world's greatest minds, and at the time, it was going to be about a family who have this kid that is a super genius, and when the science fair goes wrong at his elementary school the government approaches him and his family and say 'we have a place for you.' And the story was going to be all about a dad - sort of a fish out of water dad - who ends up in this crazy town, and the comedy was a lot more broad in the animated version. Obviously the story revolved around a normal dad, so it was this weird King of the Hill meets Eureka idea."

**major snippage**

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

IGN interviews Debrah Farentino

From IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/719/719191p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview. There are photos at the site.)

Debrah Farentino: Fit to Live in Eureka

The actress discusses the show and her science background.

by Jason Van Horn

July 17, 2006 - Eureka is a town full of geniuses and scientists. Proposed by Albert Einstein and commissioned by President Harry S. Truman after the nuclear bombs of World War II dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Eureka was developed as a safe haven for scientists. In Eureka they could come to work together on projects for the government, ensuring that America was always the first to discover new technologies - so that the "close call" of the nuclear arms race would never come to fruition again.

Though often times the actors of a television series may nary know a thing about their source material, Debrah Farentino proved in a recent interview that perhaps she might be more acquainted and acclimated with this scientific community of Eureka than perhaps any other actor on the show. "My hobby is science - actually molecular biology - and in-between jobs I've slowly been continuing my studies. I'm on a very long road to getting my bachelors, and actually, when this script was sent to me I'd taken a couple years off to study molecular biology, and my agent called me and said, 'Debrah, here is one I think you are going to love, because it combines science with great characters and intriguing stories.' So yeah, I brought some of that to the plate."

**major snippage**

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well it looks like it's on again on USA. I found it good.

Comment

I just noticed that, why is it on USA?
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, interesting that Sky One (UK) are premiering this next Wednesday 2nd August, a mere 2 episodes? after the US, under the title 'A Town called Eureka'. Why oh why do we always have to wait for the Stargates and BSG (now) for months but they are selling this one to the overseas market for airing so quickly?

Is it to garner universal interest for the show - similarly to letting the UK air BSG S1 first? Not sure whether Sky money is involved in this one or not. Anyone?

Comment

Considering that it seems to have aired at least two dozen times since its original airing- on both SCIFI and USA- I'd say they're pretty damn desperate to draw interest and make sure as many people as possible are watching. Makes me suspect subliminal messages and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                      I just noticed that, why is it on USA?
                      To get the USA viewers. More people watch USA than Sci-fi so they want as many as possible to watch.

I won't be shocked if they stick it on NBC on a Saturday or Bravo sometime.

Comment

Letting any Canadian viewers know that Eureka will air starting on Sunday September 10 on SPACE, and probably in the 5 or 6pm timeslot (PST).

Comment

Just finished watching the newest one. It definitly wasn't as good as the second hour, but very close in my opinion. I especially liked the whole thing with SARAH, very funny.
                          Spoiler:

Shame his daughter is back though, I didn't really like that realtionship.

Anyways, I can't wait to see more, I can see this show going on for a while if they stay at this quality.
                          My new favorite quote:
                          "Fly Lucius, fly"
                          -Rodney
                          My old favorite:
                          "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                          -Dr. Lee

Comment

I liked this episode. The show has a quirky sense of humor that I like, even if I did figure out the ghost thing fairly easily. The parts about Walter's wife were fun. As for the SARA house. No way - reminded me of HAL. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

SARAH's a bit freaky, all the more so because it's geekboy doing a girly voice. I've seen a couple of movies that bear a similar theme to that whole scenario (minus the geekboying). Hope Jack's situation works out better than those did.

Saw the ghost thing from miles off, but the show is still fun and it still makes me laugh, so I'll keep watching.

Comment

I love the story arc I think the idea of the show is brilliant. However the acting is horrible!! the sheriffs deputy annoys me I don't know where the freak they are going with his daughters storyline. I'm not sure how big off a hit this is going to be I think it's the idea of the show that is pulling people in but the bad acting is going to push them away.

P.S. The NASA engineer is awesome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X