No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The female geniuses are probably too busy doing actual work while all the boy geniuses run around yapping and putting on silly displays to compensate for their shortcomings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      The female geniuses are probably too busy doing actual work while all the boy geniuses run around yapping and putting on silly displays to compensate for their shortcomings.
      What about the male geniuses who are more secure about those things?
      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
      -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
        What about the male geniuses who are more secure about those things?
        Ain't no such thing. Good joke, though.

Comment

This show definitely has some potential. No denying that. I just hope Sci-Fi handles it well. I still don't trust them too much on such things.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Watched the first episode last night and it was pretty good. The series has potential though I wonder how much staying power it will have.

It´s on my to watch list and hopefully will stay there for a long time

Comment

I thought the first hour of the show was completely boring and useless. Yes yes they need to introduce the charaters, but they need to do that without putting the people to sleep.

The second hour picked up and the ending twist was nice, but they really need to work on the show. As is I don't see it lasting for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                The second hour picked up and the ending twist was nice, but they really need to work on the show. As is I don't see it lasting for long.
                Well, for it to last long, they're definitely going to have to be able to keep coming up with interesting ideas for stuff to go wrong in the town.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Well, for it to last long, they're definitely going to have to be able to keep coming up with interesting ideas for stuff to go wrong in the town.
                  I think they're depending on a conspiracy and underhandedness for long term plots.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I saw several female scientists in Eureka. There wasn't a close-up of any of them, but they were there, perhaps some will be more prominent in the next episode.

Comment

I watched the premire and enjoyed it very much, too.
                      Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Maybe the "leaving the town" them will be in the last ep. They're finally ready to move on beyond Eureka and pass themselves coming in. Nice contrast.
                      Spoiler:
                      They did leave town at the end right before he was assigned as sheriff of Eureka.

Comment

It might be related to the time being messed up but, to be honest, whenever that occured, bad things happened so I don't think that it was related to events in the episode. Most likely we will find out the significance of it later in the season (Sci-Fi ordered 13 eps for the first season, similar to the whole "Bad Wolf" thing in the first season of the new Dr Who.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          I watched the premire and enjoyed it very much, too.
                          Spoiler:
                          They did leave town at the end right before he was assigned as sheriff of Eureka.
                          Yeah, but since they didn't show us the other side of the "entering town" thing I assume it didn't happen. Thus, they haven't oficially "left town" for good. Yet.

Or maybe it'll be some random mid-season ep, who knows? But I doubt the writers would toss a scene like that out there and then never resolve it onscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                            I think they're depending on a conspiracy and underhandedness for long term plots.
                            I love conspiracy and underhandedness!
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

So far, so good.

I am a little worried about that whole "town full of eccentrics" thing. I'm still haunted by Northern Exposure, and I really hope we don't get another show like that. If it turns out to be like Tremors The Series I'd be happy. Town full of LIKEABLE eccentrics works for me.

I also fear I've developed an unhealthy crush on Carter's daughter. Oh for the days of youth, when a pseudo-punk girl could turn my head...
                              Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                              I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                              What have these years left to me?
                              Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I'm more interested with the end of the episode
                                Spoiler:
                                When whatsherface, killed whatshisfaces wife. I need to watch the show some more to pick up on the names

If they can make the show like the second hour, then this could be a very good show.
                                My new favorite quote:
                                "Fly Lucius, fly"
                                -Rodney
                                My old favorite:
                                "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                                -Dr. Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X