Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did enjoy it too...
    About the actors having played in Stargate apparently I missed Chloe... ( Have to check this right away ).

Even if there are some strange things going on in this city... but I guess that's the whole point... LOL.
    And I thought the special effect where good too for a premiere... We'll see what is coming up next.
    Save Earth it's the only planet with Chocolate

Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth. - Souza

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
      So far, so good.

If it turns out to be like Tremors The Series I'd be happy.
      So if it only lasts a season you will be happy?

Comment

The entire pilot is now streaming on sci-fi pulse, so now non-americans can see it!

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

I have to say I thought it was GREAT. I loved it! Very likable characters, quirky, fairly light show. Hopefully the quality will keep up and this will be a great series! CAN'T WAIT for it to air here!

Comment

That was a promising start... wacky enough to remind me of Northern Exposure and an intriguing premise to boot.
          I'd love to see where they go with this down the track.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            That was a promising start... wacky enough to remind me of Northern Exposure and an intriguing premise to boot.
            I'd love to see where they go with this down the track.
            I agree, it really has promise

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
            hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

I don't mind Matt Frewer... liked him as Max Headroom but please... if they really need to cast an Australian character they should use an Australian actor... I haven't heard a non-Australian do a decent job with the accent yet...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                So if it only lasts a season you will be happy?
                Well...I think it's a given the show will only last a season. I mean, it's a good show on the Sci-Fi Channel.
                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                What have these years left to me?
                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Well...I think it's a given the show will only last a season. I mean, it's a good show on the Sci-Fi Channel.
                  lol, isnt that the truth. At least they didnt pull some monster out of a hat and say "let's get really bad actors to run away from it and pull really bad one liners"...like they do most of the time

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                  hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Series pilots are always pretty shallow, I find, and, yes, I agree the second half was more interesting than the first half, but it looks like a pretty decent, devious, intelligent show. I loved how:
                    Spoiler:
                    Archemides was more comfortable with Jack and that Jack just understood that the kid needed to see the formulas on the ground.
                    Very Jack O'Neill like. And Jack Carter even said "For crying out loud," once.

The dog has me intrigued. I wonder how much they'll use it in the series?
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Oh I know, Stargate has only been on Sci-fi for 5 seasons, and that's not close to being good.

Comment

I saw it last night, liked it. Won't be able to see it on Tuesdays though, as I work and can't count on other family memebers to leave the channel on SciFi if I set up to record.
                        Originally posted by full.infinity
                        Well, the guy who started it all(in the episode) was named Walter, although that's probably a coincidence.
                        Now I know this might be stretching the "looking for SG things" thing, but my son and I both noticed that in addition to that marshall being named Jack Carter (and they could just as easily have named him Sam O'Neill ) he spouted a couple of standard Col.Jack lines-- an exclamation of "Oh crap!", which I could believe was just coincidence, followed later by a "For cryin' out loud!" (my son picked that one up, much astonished).

But the capper for me came when he was addressing the scientist who set the climactic events in motion-- searching to remember the guy's name, I could've sworn he said "W-walter, right?"

Anybody else pick that one up?
                        Titania of the V V

Keeper of the Quantum Mirror
                        (I swear, it's in my basement!)

Comment

Originally posted by Titania V V
                          I saw it last night, liked it. Won't be able to see it on Tuesdays though, as I work and can't count on other family memebers to leave the channel on SciFi if I set up to record.

Now I know this might be stretching the "looking for SG things" thing, but my son and I both noticed that in addition to that marshall being named Jack Carter (and they could just as easily have named him Sam O'Neill ) he spouted a couple of standard Col.Jack lines-- an exclamation of "Oh crap!", which I could believe was just coincidence, followed later by a "For cryin' out loud!" (my son picked that one up, much astonished).

But the capper for me came when he was addressing the scientist who set the climactic events in motion-- searching to remember the guy's name, I could've sworn he said "W-walter, right?"

Anybody else pick that one up?
                          I got that one! It was like Jack said it in "2010"!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            I got that one! It was like Jack said it in "2010"!
                            yeah!
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I'm loving the first episode, and I'm looking forward to the next. Any fans of the show, sign up at http://s3.invisionfree.com/EurekaOnScifi/index.php

I'm hoping to get backing from Scifi.com and possibly a link, as the Eureka fanbase grows, I hope to expand to a better server as well.

I've made a few additions to the site, though I don't plan on making any other boards or do any more work until I get more members. I wouldn't want it to be wasted energy.
                              Last edited by Blarggy; 24 July 2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Actually it was rather good for a Sunday afternoon departure from war death and terror. I did think the dog could talk though, or that he and the cop were one in the same until the cabin scene.
                                The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Working...
                                X