No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I think they should leave it where it is and repeat it at 8pm on Fridays and Nightstalker can be stuck on at 2am and show BSG at 7pm.

Comment

I still think Eureka and Doctor Who would be a good pairing. Then maybe Dresden Files, depending on what angle they're going for with that show.

Comment

Hey, you're forgetting that we're just the people who watch the shows, We don't KNOW ANYTHING, at least according to the high paid executives.

Does that sound bitter?
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

The latest epsisode: While I was impressed with the performances... I wasn't terribly impressed with the main plot, which seemed to me to be overwhelmed by the antics of the neurotic/emotionally residents. Storywise, it just didn't have much grunt.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            The latest epsisode: While I was impressed with the performances... I wasn't terribly impressed with the main plot, which seemed to me to be overwhelmed by the antics of the neurotic/emotionally residents. Storywise, it just didn't have much grunt.
            I haven't been feeling it either with the past few episodes. I've already resorted to just watching the second showing at 10 pm. I'm just not excited about the show anymore.
            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
              I haven't been feeling it either with the past few episodes. I've already resorted to just watching the second showing at 10 pm. I'm just not excited about the show anymore.
              I've accepted that Eureka is Scifi Lite... (even more so than Stargate) and I suppose that's so they can appeal to a wider audience... But the last couple of episodes have been rather disappointing in terms of any real conceptual substance.
              I like the show better when "ship" was clever rather than obvious... now I feel that it's being overwhelmed by a possible menage a trois... a dramatic device that I detest heartily.

I'm still intrigued about the artifact though...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The last two episodes did feel a little weaker than the previous eps, but the most recent episode did have one major quality. It proved that Carter can figure out what's going on even without the help of the others.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  The last two episodes did feel a little weaker than the previous eps, but the most recent episode did have one major quality. It proved that Carter can figure out what's going on even without the help of the others.
                  Yeah, that's probably one of the things I like best about the show. I think my favourite example is in the robot one, when Jack figures out pretty much straight away that the kid is somehow responsible. After seeing so many shows when the main guy doesn't pick up on the clues for ages, even when the audience has already put it all together, just to drag out the plot, it's a nice breath of fresh air. Especially when the town full of geniuses couldn't put it together.

Comment

Yeah it is quite nice that the main character doesnt take 3 ad breaks and some amazingly obvious clues to work it all out. Come on for series 2.
                    Originally posted by farcue
                    "You're the last man alive John"
                    "What about tayla?"
                    "Shes dead."
                    "What about ronan?"
                    "He's dead, they're all dead."
                    "Not Carter?"
                    "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                    "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Just FYI:

The Baltimore Sun has "Eureka" on it's "What to Watch" list:

EUREKA // 9 p.m.-10 p.m., Sci-Fi / When he talks of leaving town after a lousy day, the Self Activated Residential Automated Habitat helps change Carter's mind.
                      It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I'm really liking Stark more with each new episode. He made some nice points in his discussion with Henry.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Loved this ep. Loved it! SARAH frakkin ROCKS! "I'm sorry, Jack, I'm afraid I can't do that." LOL! And even a throwback to WOPR. By golly, I'd live in that house if I could. Even if it might kill me.

Good to see some of the issues being aired, although Fargo's presence was a bit plot devicey. Above and beyond everyone else, that is. If I were Fargo, I'd have issues with the fact that no one had issues with me. Oh sure, there's the popular "pin the blame on Fargo" game, but he's just a cog (as he himself said last week)... no one really cares about the cogs. *sniff*

As for the previews for the finale...

Spoiler:
                          My guess is that something- the Artifact?- fractures reality, creating holes in the multiverse. Hence DODMom being pregnant and asking if he (Carter?) wanted to abandon them.

Or was that a flashback to when she was preggers with Archimedes and asked Stark if he was gonna choose them or his career... and he chose his career.

Either scenario has possibilities.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

And is BRAD supposed to have any significance I'm missing? Because I kept thinking of RHPS and I'm not sure that's the right reference.

Maybe if SARAH had been called JANET.

Comment

Great episode! I wasn't as engaged by the last few, but this one definitely won me back. Love the recurring World Series bat; previously he yelled at Zoey for touching it; this time he trashes it at the thought she might be hurt. And finally Taggart is fun. He and Jo make a great comedic duo.

Don't know what BRAD stands for; the best I can come up with is Battle Ready Automated Defense but I seriously doubt that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Loved this ep. Loved it! SARAH frakkin ROCKS! "I'm sorry, Jack, I'm afraid I can't do that." LOL! And even a throwback to WOPR. By golly, I'd live in that house if I could. Even if it might kill me.

Good to see some of the issues being aired, although Fargo's presence was a bit plot devicey. Above and beyond everyone else, that is. If I were Fargo, I'd have issues with the fact that no one had issues with me. Oh sure, there's the popular "pin the blame on Fargo" game, but he's just a cog (as he himself said last week)... no one really cares about the cogs. *sniff*

As for the previews for the finale...

Spoiler:
                              My guess is that something- the Artifact?- fractures reality, creating holes in the multiverse. Hence DODMom being pregnant and asking if he (Carter?) wanted to abandon them.

Or was that a flashback to when she was preggers with Archimedes and asked Stark if he was gonna choose them or his career... and he chose his career.

Either scenario has possibilities.
                              I thought this episode was fantastic as well. Much better than the last two. It was great to get really into some of the more interpersonal relationships between the characters, mainly Stark/Henry. And Taggart and Jo were funny, although they seriously freak me the frak out. He's literally old enough to be her father.

I think Fargo is just relegated to being comic relief/Boy Friday/psuedo-Henry-but-unlike-Henry-can't-do-anything-right (what a mouthful!). He did figure out what to do with the partitions, so he wasn't completely useless.

With regard to the finale:
                              Spoiler:
                              If I remember correctly, Stark isn't actually Archimedes father. Of course that doesn't mean what you are saying couldn't still be true, but it seems kind of...off. My money is on the Artifact going wonky as well as a result of Beverly doing something. I'm sure Fargo will probably be blamed in some way as well.

I really liked the part where Carter is making up yet another word and what seemed like a random scientist is walking by giving him the stink eye and Carter just goes "WHAT!?" Ha! I am easily amused.
                              "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                                Don't know what BRAD stands for; the best I can come up with is Battle Ready Automated Defense but I seriously doubt that's it.
                                That's what, I think it was Nathan or Henry, said, so, I think you're right.

And finally Taggart is fun. He and Jo make a great comedic duo.
                                I loved the Taggart/Jo scenes in this one, they cracked me up.

Love the recurring World Series bat; previously he yelled at Zoey for touching it; this time he trashes it at the thought she might be hurt.
                                me too.
                                Spoiler:
                                Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                                I caught frogs and called them prince
                                And made myself a queen
                                Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                                I slept in castles and fell in love
                                Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                                To capture tinkerbell
                                They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                                But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                                And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                                And anything I can to get by
                                And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X