No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy Eureka, but it's predictability is something which needs to be sorted.

Something will always be introduced early in the episode and that always turns out to be the key to saving the day and it's always the Sheriff who figures it out.

I don't like it when shows are that predictable, they may has well have a giant arrow pointing at something or someone saying "MAJOR PLOT POINT, THIS WILL SAVE THE DAY"

sigpic

Comment

It never appealed to me much. I saw 1.5 eps and went, "meh, forget it." Predictable, as so many have said here. That doesn't make it necessarily bad, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        It never appealed to me much. I saw 1.5 eps and went, "meh, forget it." Predictable, as so many have said here. That doesn't make it necessarily bad, just not my cup of tea.
        Actually, a lot of shows on tv are predictable.

Eureka, it's not something I schedule my calendar for. It's okay, but it has more plot holes than a sponge.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

While i agree that alot of shows are predictable they artleast hide it with witty dialogue and sub plots, Eureka makes no attempt

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
            While i agree that alot of shows are predictable they artleast hide it with witty dialogue and sub plots, Eureka makes no attempt
            That's your opinion, yes. I don't see it that way. I think other shows are much more blatant in their formula and that they're much less fun to watch than Eureka, but I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me on it, especially since some of the shows I consider trite and stupidly unimaginative are among the most popular shows on network television.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
              Unless they do something drastic with it, I can't see it going past a second season. Then all Sci-Fi will have is BSG and Atlantis...oh and Who Wants to be a Superhero.

And Dr. Who, but really, that isn't important at all!

Plus they will make more cheaper shows that people watch.

Comment

Eureka needs to pick up pace with the whole section 5 secret storyline and stuff. Its been good so far but its not very original.
                Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I've seen shows much more aggravatingly formulaic than Eureka. House, for starters. I can't watch that show at all because the formula is so strong you can practically set your watch by it.

I do admit that there are times when I wish Eureka would explore the edges a bit more, but while they've had a few stumbles, I still really enjoy the show and can write it off as "harmless fluff."

I suppose it helps that I'm no longer a fan of SG-1 so I don't blame Eureka for getting Stargate killed and I'm also not seeing SG references in every scene.
                  It does seem like harmless fluff, but I've noticed they sneak in some dark or deep themes amongst the fluff. They're not always addressed forthrightly, but they're still there and it's one of the things I like most about the show.

I do watch House, but I've got to agree--very formulaic. It gets tiresome after awhile.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith
                    Eureka needs to pick up pace with the whole section 5 secret storyline and stuff. Its been good so far but its not very original.
                    The next episode seems to have Stark going or about to go into the room with the artifact
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

At least House has a few things going for it.

1. Most of the time no annoying kids.
                      2. Dr. House Rocks.
                      3. Dr. House's leg and drug issue is a continueing story when NOTHING on Eureka ever goes on more than an episode.
                      4. Better Writing.
                      5. Better acting, Dr. House rocks!

Comment

I agree with you, ^ i watch house for Dr. House, his witty comebacks and remarks rock

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                          I agree with you, ^ i watch house for Dr. House, his witty comebacks and remarks rock
                          I certainly agree with that.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And that's all a matter of opinion, of course.

I'm not here to turn this into a House vs. Eureka thread, I'm just saying that- in comparison- I find the formulaicness of House much more blatant than that of Eureka. Or perhaps I simply find it more forgiveable on Eureka. *shrug* Whatever.

But if this is going to be a "let's bash Eureka" thread then by all means I'll stop bothering to discuss the points and let you all get back to the pissing contest.

Comment

I don't mind the show or the predictable elements... it's a good natured piece generally and I can live with all the plot holes mainly because the show doesn't take itself too seriously. As far as I'm concerned, the scifi genre has been exploited to the point that originality has become a tall order.
                              But I am getting a bit tired of someone amiable like Fargo being used as the show's comic relief/punching bag. I wouldn't mind it so much if he was arrogant, rude or chauvinistic but right now he's just a punching bag without any personality.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                                At least House has a few things going for it.

1. Most of the time no annoying kids.
                                2. Dr. House Rocks.
                                3. Dr. House's leg and drug issue is a continueing story when NOTHING on Eureka ever goes on more than an episode.
                                4. Better Writing.
                                5. Better acting, Dr. House rocks!
                                IMO, the only thing that House has going for it... is House or Hugh Laurie to be more exact...
                                But all these medical dramas are a dime a dozen.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X