No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw a commercial for Eureka, and that they appear to be stealing plots from Atlantis. Some guy gets stuck in a forcefield that he can't turn off, come on!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I watched the episode...it appears they're taking ideas from Stargate: 'fixing' a time-line, alternate realities, etc. Not sure if I'll continue to watch the show.

Comment

So far they're doing a better job of Stargate's stories than Stargate ever did. Just think- they show actual, by-gods repercussions! Beyond the containing ep! It's miraculous. I am leery of them doing something more blatant like next week's personal shield story, but I'm still willing to watch to see how it plays out.

Comment

I love it! I'm debating with myself whether or not I should buy it..

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            I watched the episode...it appears they're taking ideas from Stargate: 'fixing' a time-line, alternate realities, etc. Not sure if I'll continue to watch the show.
            Sorry? I think if you watch most scifi shows that deal with time travel or time-lines you eventually come across an episode that has to deal with consequences of time travel and interfering with 'events' (ever watched a little movie called Back to the Future? ) this is not taking an idea from Stargate it is telling a story a heck of a lot better.

I am glad the Sheriff is not going to be able to remember as the luv/shipping storyline left me cold but it also makes me feel a little cheated, I am tired of shows (Angel did it too) where characters do things or live through things only to have their memories erased or have time altered so it never happened but someone still remembers within the show.

And please Matt stop with the Australian accent you are killing me! It is so bad! God at one point he sounded like a warped cross between South African and rural backwater Australian, this is not 1935 Dad and Dave for crying out loud.

Other then that I liked the opener and will continue to watch.

Comment

I'm still sticking with my theory that the accent is deliberately fake because I find it hard to believe that anyone could accept that horrific accent as real. Even I can hear it wobbling.

This being a Stargate forum, Stargate eps are the natural source for people to point at when something looks familiar. The "fixing the timeline" thing never even crossed my mind as being Stargatey (probably because those eps of SG tend to be crap, IMO, and because, as was said, many scifi shows do it) but I admit that the upcoming ep preview reminds me very strongly of Hide & Seek. I sincerely hope they'll go in a different direction with it, but the way the commercial was cut makes the similarities a little too strong to ignore.

Comment

The first use of "time-travel paradoxes" was 1941 L. S. DE CAMP Best-Laid Scheme in Astounding Sci.-Fiction. So any use of it after 1941 is a copy of the idea. It is not the use of the idea of an idea that should be weighed but the presentation of that idea. And that presentation was great if you don't look through the 'some one has already done that' glasses. So please take off those glasses and enjoy the show in re-runs.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Any word on the ratings for the premiere?
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Shadow, I've seen the fixing the timeline done on Charmed many times. So it's not only a sci-fi thing, it also a fantasy thing too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                      Any word on the ratings for the premiere?
                      Viewers Return To See SciFi's 'Eureka'
                      Link: http://www.syfyportal.com/news423885.html
                      The numbers were enough to make SciFi the No. 3 cable network for adults 18 to 49 and 25 to 54, and it was the best Tuesday night the cable channel has seen all year.
                      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Awesome better ratings than SGA.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Great stuff... if this keeps up, we may even get to see a third season!
                          Hope the stories and scripts are good.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                            Great stuff... if this keeps up, we may even get to see a third season!
                            A third season with more than 13 episodes. . .hopefully!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I feel better now.

Decent enough ep, not as similar to Hide & Seek as I'd feared.

Spoiler:
                              I liked the direction they went with this ep although I'm a bit surprised that a nuclear device would have worked to destroy the shield. I would think soldiers in the field might need to be protected against that possibility. Still, while I knew Fargo was going to be safe the extreme measures that would have been implemented are good to keep in mind for the future.

I'm also really glad Carter pointed out that the shield wasn't growing as fast as expected because I had just been trying to puzzle that out myself. In fact, it's good in general to see Carter being used to advantage.

I'm loving the continuity and the fact that certain characters are actually by-gods dealing (and even HAVING) fallout from their actions in the finale. I wonder if that book of Sonnets means that Carter might eventually remember what happened. Or didn't happen.

Comment

I enjoyed this second episode... good fun... Nice team episode and I'm glad Allison's keeping her job for now.
                                Poor Fargo... can't stay out of trouble, can he?
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X