The Big Bang (3113/513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
    The Pandorica is hard to open from the inside and from the outside. Its easy to break into a prison but its a different story when your trying to break out.
    In one episode, one of the major point is that the Pandorica is one of the best prison ever built by an alliance of all Doctor's who enemies. The next episode, it's easier getting in and out than a empty refrigerator box left on the sidewalk. At least the box was able to regenerate Amy after she was killed by her robotic boyfriend. Who is now not a killer anymore, thank god. So the Pandorica was not completely useless since there was some regeneration capability built into it. Oh wait, it's also a nice vessel to fly into the sun. I meant the tardis-sun providing light and heat to alternative earth.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I love everything about the episode, except the stupid, boring freaking Daleks, The episode would of been ten times better of without the 2 dimensional Dalek.
      It is still better than anything RTD did for a final, far better.
      There also the problem of the Grandfather paradox in there to.
      I also disappointed that they got rid of the evil league of evil an the not so evil so soon, I really wanted to see them all working together, just to see them all disappear was disappointing to say the least.

Did like all the time traveling jumping about the doctor did.
      Love the sequence of child Amy walking up to pandorica, an seeing penguins in Egypt, an Dinosaurs in Ice. Through if history is that muck up should not London have looked very different place, I know they have a small budget but it would of been nice to see some skyline changes. And plastic Rory to mention a few things he seen in history.

I also love River song.

We know that the Doc keeps a few prisoners on board the Tardis anyone else thinks she a other prisoner the doctor adds to his collection before he reforms her into being a good girl. We know she been in a least two jails an kill a man, an we know she did something to make the Daleks scared of her, I do not think she will start out as good or will she be friendly to the doctor, At least I hope not, she did say everything changes.

I still do not think they are husbond an wife but then I would love to see Rory give the best man speech an to see the doctor bachelor party, I just hope he does not invite the Daleks along.
      Overal 8 out of 10, would of got 10 out 10 but the Daleks takes a point off an no evil league of evil an the not so evil. I am bore to hell with the Daleks.
      Last edited by knowles2; 28 June 2010, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Please don't tell me to rewatch it, because I don't consider it a good episode and I don't feel like it because of that. If you got argumentations about what I said and like a good discussion just tell me right here.
        It was only because what you wrote didn't make much sense. Except that you didn't like the episode, and that biased your perception of the logic of the episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Did like all the time traveling jumping about the doctor did.
          The scene with the doctor jumping between the Stonehenge and the Museum was brilliant.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I really, really liked this episode. Good way to end the series. I was glad it wasn't a total cliff-hanger... Shows have used them for years and I for one am sick of having to wait. I liked how they wrapped up the story and just gave some info on what's next. THAT is plenty to make me want to watch again. So I was pleased with that.

The way the wrapped up the story/season arc I thought was nicely done. It took 3/4 of the episodes, but I finally am ok with this Doctor. lol

Now I'll have to rewatch them all from the beginning of this season and will probably enjoy them a little bit more.....

I hope Amy and Rory stay for the next season, and I'm dying to find out who River is.... THAT is more then enough to get me back next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
              The scene with the doctor jumping between the Stonehenge and the Museum was brilliant.
              Brilliant, funny, clever, and practical! Steven Moffat used time travel in this concluding part extraordinarily well I thought and probably the best use of time travel in any show anywhere that I've seen in a long time! More proof if ever any was needed that Steven is a writing genius!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Brilliant, funny, clever, and practical! Steven Moffat used time travel in this concluding part extraordinarily well I thought and probably the best use of time travel in any show anywhere that I've seen in a long time! More proof if ever any was needed that Steven is a writing genius!
                Defently, was pure comic genious and its moments like those that made this series so amazing (among other things)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  It was only because what you wrote didn't make much sense. Except that you didn't like the episode, and that biased your perception of the logic of the episode.
                  I could say the same thing to you. You're such a Doctor Who fanboy that you can't admit when an episode is simply a string of doctorbabble non-sense. Can you believe the Pandorica was transformed into a vessel to fly into the tardis-sun for plot convenience? Even to you the whole thing must sound absurd and nowhere near the level of other Doctor Who episode where the Doctor actually uses his brain not plot conveniences and "made as you go" rules. That's it guys the music is too loud, I'm calling the cops!!
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Okay kids. Stop baiting Zelix.

Zelix, stop baiting the kids.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

WOW a fantastic end to a fantastic series. Really can't wait for the next series now!

Was a little disappointed that we never got to see any more of the alliance races interacting, however it might have been alittle out of place, especially in a silent, dieing universe.

So many questions are also still to be answered like....
                      - So dose all the universe remember the Dr now? How much of the timeline has changed?
                      - Dose Amy now remember the first Dalek invasion, the planets in the sky and the story of the Cyberking?
                      - Dose the pond now have ducks?
                      - Who's voice was that?
                      - Who is River Song?
                      - If there was no cracks then how did they escape the Weeping Angels? Are the Angels still around?
                      - Dose that one Dalek also still remember its experiences after the reset, and which Dalek was it?
                      - Where was the TARDIS exploding? (I have a theory that it may have been under the surface of Venus)

So much to look forward to....
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                        I could say the same thing to you. You're such a Doctor Who fanboy that you can't admit when an episode is simply a string of doctorbabble non-sense. Can you believe the Pandorica was transformed into a vessel to fly into the tardis-sun for plot convenience? Even to you the whole thing must sound absurd and nowhere near the level of other Doctor Who episode where the Doctor actually uses his brain not plot conveniences and "made as you go" rules. That's it guys the music is too loud, I'm calling the cops!!
                        That's what the doctor always does. The science in Doctor who isn't suposed to make sense,

And as for the pandorica it seemed quite clear to me that the reason why it took time to open in the first half was because it was designed to draw the doctor in the trap. Keeping him occupied long enough for the trap to come into fruition. After that then the Pandorica could be opened with the Sonic or amelias dna.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Didn't the Doctor say in TPO that he could easily open the Pandorica, he just wasn't because he thought it was much more important to know what was inside first, what with the 'most feared being in all the cosmos, blood of a billion galaxies, warrior/goblin/trickster' lines, as well as the fact that it was clearly a super-duper-amazing prison designed very well to hold something inside? Even the Doctor thinks twice when he hears that. I don't think being able to open the Pandorica was an issue, it was more about whether he should open it.

Also, anybody else love the scene in TBB where Plastic Rory punches the Doctor and he gets back up? I cracked up when he jumps up, resets his jaw...I also got a really strong Black Books vibe from that too, which is never a bad thing!
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Didn't the Doctor say in TPO that he could easily open the Pandorica, he just wasn't because he thought it was much more important to know what was inside first, what with the 'most feared being in all the cosmos, blood of a billion galaxies, warrior/goblin/trickster' lines, as well as the fact that it was clearly a super-duper-amazing prison designed very well to hold something inside? Even the Doctor thinks twice when he hears that. I don't think being able to open the Pandorica was an issue, it was more about whether he should open it.

Also, anybody else love the scene in TBB where Plastic Rory punches the Doctor and he gets back up? I cracked up when he jumps up, resets his jaw...I also got a really strong Black Books vibe from that too, which is never a bad thing!
                            That makes me think that we NEED and episode with Bill Bailey in it at some point.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              That makes me think that we NEED and episode with Bill Bailey in it at some point.
                              Bill Bailey's a big sci-fi fan I believe. I could see him appearing.

What did everyone think about the Doctor's wedding disco dancing? LOL What an incredibly brilliant, uncoordinated, smart, funny, mad, bumbling, goofy man the Doctor is! In my humble opinion - best character ever! I never get tired of watching him!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

What did everyone think about the Doctor's wedding disco dancing? LOL What an incredibly brilliant, uncoordinated, smart, funny, mad, bumbling, goofy man the Doctor is! In my humble opinion - best character ever! I never get tired of watching him!
                                defently, this doctor is IMO one of the best purely because he is so goofy and weird

Comment

Working...
                                X