No announcement yet.

The Big Bang (3113/513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the first time the Doctor's had a married couple onboard the Tardis. Do you think he has double rooms available for couples?
    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      So...big question. Did 'planets in the sky' and the cyberking happen now? Do people remember them? Because if Amy's parents and Rory are back, does that mean everything and everyone, every event the cracks swallowed has been restored?
      That was my take on it, yeah. Amy's family, 'planets in the sky', Cyber King, the ducks in the pond...everything should be back in place now.

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
      I think it's the first time the Doctor's had a married couple onboard the Tardis. Do you think he has double rooms available for couples?
      It is indeed. LOL I think he must. Sizes seem to mean different things to the Doctor. He had an entire room dedicated to boots and called it a cupboard and has a swimming pool but calls it a bathroom! A room for a couple in the TARDIS...that's probably gonna be a living space the size of a two-storey house I'm sure.

I'd just want take this opportunity to say huge congratulations to Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Steven Moffat, and everyone else involved in Doctor Who for making the series this year just as fantastic and as successful and as exciting as those that came before! I've loved every moment! Matt's incarnation of the Doctor, Karen as Amy Pond, and Arthur as Rory Williams have been an absolute joy to watch for me! Their chemistry together has been truly amazing and unique! I look forward to the stories ahead with this TARDIS crew made up of the Doctor, Amy, and Rory!

I look forward to next seeing the TARDIS materialise on our screens again in Autumn as part of a crossover with spin-off show The Sarah Jane Adventures and then again in the next Doctor Who Christmas TV movie! GERONIMO!!!
      Last edited by Alan; 26 June 2010, 03:14 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        That was my take on it, yeah. Amy's family, 'planets in the sky', Cyber King, the ducks in the pond...everything should be back in place now.
        The repercussions of this could be interesting in the next series. Or not. Something tells me it won't be forgotten though...

I'd just want take this opportunity to say a huge congratulations to Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Steven Moffat, and everyone else involved in Doctor Who for making the series this year just as fantastic and as successful and as exciting as those that came before! I've loved every moment! Matt's incarnation of the Doctor, Karen as Amy Pond, and Arthur as Rory Williams have been an absolute joy to watch for me! Their chemistry together has been truly amazing and unique! I look forward to the stories ahead with this TARDIS crew made up of the Doctor, Amy, and Rory!

I look forward to next seeing the TARDIS materialise on our screens again in Autumn as part of a crossover with spin-off show The Sarah Jane Adventures and then again in the next Doctor Who Christmas TV movie! GERONIMO!!!
        Absolutely seconded. I have never been as thrilled and happy with a BBC production - for me, series 5 has outshone the entire RTD era of Doctor Who (which I thoroughly enjoyed). Matt Smith is a phenomenal actor who just seems to get the Doctor. Steven Moffat is a writing god, pure and simple. Karen Gillan has also been enjoyable to watch, and I hope Arthur Darvill gets a full credit as a companion starting with the Christmas special - Rory has grown on me so much since Eleventh Hour it's amazing.

Like the tagline for the season said...The End is Just The Beginning.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how much I loved the way the TARDIS is described as something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. So obvious, yet it never occurred to me.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          EDIT: I forgot to mention how much I loved the way the TARDIS is described as something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. So obvious, yet it never occurred to me.
          Wonder how many brides are now going to be given Tardis's at their weddings
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

At first I didn't like the episode, but after watching it again I love it... The only thing I'm not sure about is Amy liking the Doctor, I mean there were some strong hints, like her saying you may defiantly kiss the bride, but in all I think it did a good job of wrapping up the series yet leaving there something that makes you want to watch the next other than it's Doctor Who and it's epic, but yeah apart from not understanding where Amy stands with the Doctor EPIC

Comment

That episode was fanf**kingtastic. The whole series you still don't find out who the big bad is and they are carriering it foward to the next season. I don't think that has ever been done before in the new doctor who series. it makes me want to keep coming back to watch the next series even more than normal because i hate not knowing why stuff is happening in TV series in general. Now I really wish i had a tardis so i could get to the next season just like the doctor did before the 7th harry potter came out and he had said he'd allready read the book and cried. on an final note next season should be EPIC

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode but part of me doesn't like Amy willing the doctor back into existence. I means its set up very well but still just feels a bit off. Other than that solid story. Good use of time travel. Good acting, good music, good direction.

And the force that cased Tardis blow up is still out there. I love a good long storyline. And who Knows what might also be back considering the way the doctor came back into existence much of this impact on history might have also changed.

over all 4.5 out of 5
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Fantastic episode 10/10

I totally guessed that Amy's wedding would be in the finale i knew it would be around Amy's Choice maybe even earlier
                  i laughed when Rory said i was plastic at the wedding
                  River becomes more awesome with each episode shes in, MERCYYYYYY, check your records for the name River Song, MERCY! that poor Dalek
                  Stone Daleks were good
                  Auton Rory was great, Doctor: why are you so.....HUMAN? Rory: because im not at the moment

this entire season has been atleast 9.8/10 some slow moments but generally awesome, next season i hope Rory is promoted to series regular
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    i hope Rory is promoted to series regular
                    i hope amy and rory get axed the doctor needs to lose people otherwise it's not realistic. that's what made the RTD era so great. it was more honest storytelling
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      i hope amy and rory get axed the doctor needs to lose people otherwise it's not realistic. that's what made the RTD era so great. it was more honest storytelling
                      wat

Companions, generally, are around for longer than 1-2 seasons.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really really hope not. Amongst several bad things about the RTD era, the rushing of companions in and out of the Tardis hurt the show (especially how poor Donna's series 4 ending was) if anything.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I could hug Moffat. I just saw the finale so excuse me when I am not quite coherent.

Was this the best series finale since Chris became the doctor or what? BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

When I saw Amelia IN the Pandorica all I could think o_O Coool. But one thing first RORY :hugs: I hope he sticks around for the whole next series. If I could never truly warm up to Amy (though I did like her in this story) I just totally love Rory. Him guarding over Amy all those years made me teary eyed. Now that is what I call love. RIVER! :hugs River: I love River. She is brilliant, beautiful, and bad ass. There is no way possible for me to not love her. Also "He doesn't really know me yet." That means LOTS of River in the future and she said also very soon. Wohooo! The story itself. Utterly brilliant. So it WAS a different Doctor who talked to Amy back then with the Stone Angels. The one who kissed her on her forehead! Just as everyone thought and the bit that made no sense until now with little Amy in the first story.... Moffat I am so happy you took over. You have something that Rusty was rather lacking.Complete control over a massive storyline and able to tie up all story knots.

I WANT THE NEXT SERIES LIKE NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Erm what? o_O Actually no. Until RTD took over almost all companions lasted quite a long while. Sarah Jane, Romana, Nyssa and Ace for example. The contant switch of companions was something RTD did but none of the over.

I want Rory, Amy and River for longer then two series if possible. Alex did this long stingt with E.R. so can we please also have her for at least as long in Doctor Who? Please?
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Really no. Usually I'm a huge fan of realism in entertainment. Losing characters when the reality they face is a dangerous one is important. It's why I LOVE Spooks... they face a dark reality, and suffer as such. But the cast members aren't lost predictably at the season finale, and they generally last for varied amounts of time. It's not about losing characters, it's HOW they're lost.

Stagate SG-1 and SGA was a show that SHOULD have lost more characters, given the nature of the reality the teams faced. And brief absences followed by convenient reappearances don't count. SG1 and A were only brave enough to do it thrice, once with Daniel in S5 (a decision they should NOT have reversed if you ask me), once with Frasier, and with Weir. In those instances, one was a cop out, the other was poor handled. When military personnel engaged such deadly threats, fatalities, MORE fatalities are expected. Within the gateverse, a high turn over SHOULD have been expected.

In contrast however... in Doctor Who, YES the characters face crazy circumstances, but they had something amazing, brilliant, and downright wonderful on their side; The Doctor. Torchwood is an example of what happens to characters in the Whoniverse without the protection of the Doctor. Lives are torn apart and death ensues. But with the Doctor on side, anything is possible. In this instance, there's no need for a high cast turn over. And the way RTD did it felt sloppy, gimmicky, and frankly bad. But then so much of what RTD wrote bugged me anyway. Rose never departed, she was milked to DEATH. An unnescessary romantic sub plot was blown out of proportion, and despite not being a regular, she was a core focus of both S3 AND S4. As for Martha... piss poor ending, with even worse reintroductions, but hey - I can't stand the actress, so what do I know. Donna was handled brilliantly, with a superb ending, but frankly... having her for just one series WAS a waste of a good actress.

Give it three series, kill of Amy, then leave Rory to continue with the Doctor and see how he copes.

On some side notes:

How bloody awesome was it to FINALLY, for the FIRST time since Parting of the Ways, to NOT have a series finale that involved RTD's favourite emo Doctor. Seriously.

S2 - Emo Doctor cries about loss of Rose
                              S3 - Emo Doctor cries about being last of the Timelords (again)
                              S4 - Emo Doctor is left aaaaaaaaaaall allone. Aw.
                              Specials - Emo Doctor just generally cries throughout, being extremely melodramatic.

Dear God...

Seriously. I'm not kidding, this Series has been SO amazingly epic, that it's tarnished my view of S2-4 of New Who. RTD gave us a fantastic S1, with the whole negative element being the Slitheen, which, in actual fact, was a good episode otherwise. But seriously. There have been some amazing Doctor Who episodes in S2-4, believe me, Impossible Planet, Human Nature, The Sound of Drums, but SO many were spoiled by RTD's fanwank nature (Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, Last of the Timelords, Journey's End), and the finales had to keep getting more ridiculous in nature. Each penultimate finale, was, generally, great. And then RTD would go and ruin it by over elaborate ridiculouslness. I'm looking at YOU End of Time Part 2.

So, as I haven't said much about The Big Bang yet...

Fantastic, if.... confusing episode. Unlike the other finales which get less enjoyable with each viewing, this episode is truely special. I was a bit hesitant at first... because it was an anti-climax in a lot of ways. But anti-climaxs are good. There's a reason that they exist in literature. This was a great series finale leading into lots more wonderful adventures to come. Couple of wibbly wobbly timey wimey issues that leave me confused... but hey... WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY. I don't care. It was epic, but without feeling over epic to the point of cheese... once again, I'm looking at YOU End of Time.

As for general content, am I the only one who dislikes the actress that plays River? I find her irritating.

Rory. Is. Epic.

Best male companion (not including Jack or the Brigadier here) since Ian Chesterton.

The Doctor, finally, feels like the Doctor again. He feels like the old, and strange man of Classic Who. And I love it. Tennant might have given us a fun (if horrifically emo) action hero that emboddied fantasy, but he was FAR too... human. Smith puts us back on the track that Eccleston started us on. Thank GOD. I'll probably upset a lot of people by saying this, but though I loved Tennant to begin with, he rapidly, over the course of S4 and the Specials, sunk to being one of my least favourite Doctor's, through no fault of his acting capabilities.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                Donna was handled brilliantly, with a superb ending, but frankly... having her for just one series WAS a waste of a good actress.
                                Yep. Donna was, in my book, one of the best companions in Who. And Catherine Tate frequently (but not always) surprised me with her acting too.

How bloody awesome was it to FINALLY, for the FIRST time since Parting of the Ways, to NOT have a series finale that involved RTD's favourite emo Doctor. Seriously.
                                Well, we had sad Doctor, but it was so superbly handled as he's talking to Amelia and preparing to pass through the crack that I was mesmerised. Matt Smith just continues to astound...and did anybody else notice how old he felt in that scene? He really is pulling off this 'old wise man in a young body' thing fantastically.

Seriously. I'm not kidding, this Series has been SO amazingly epic, that it's tarnished my view of S2-4 of New Who.
                                Same here. While I thoroughly enjoyed the entire RTD era, it always felt slightly off. Moffat seems to me to have a brilliant understanding and view of the Doctor, and this series has just left me feeling so satisfied and happy I don't actually mind the wait for the Christmas special or series 6.

So, as I haven't said much about The Big Bang yet...

Fantastic, if.... confusing episode. Unlike the other finales which get less enjoyable with each viewing, this episode is truely special. I was a bit hesitant at first... because it was an anti-climax in a lot of ways. But anti-climaxs are good. There's a reason that they exist in literature. This was a great series finale leading into lots more wonderful adventures to come. Couple of wibbly wobbly timey wimey issues that leave me confused... but hey... WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY. I don't care. It was epic, but without feeling over epic to the point of cheese... once again, I'm looking at YOU End of Time.

As for general content, am I the only one who dislikes the actress that plays River? I find her irritating.

Rory. Is. Epic.
                                Yes. He. Is.

I have some serious love for both the character and the actor, and Rory's development over the course of the series has been a joy to watch. Hope he gets a series regular credit starting with the next special.

The Doctor, finally, feels like the Doctor again. He feels like the old, and strange man of Classic Who. And I love it. Tennant might have given us a fun (if horrifically emo) action hero that emboddied fantasy, but he was FAR too... human. Smith puts us back on the track that Eccleston started us on. Thank GOD. I'll probably upset a lot of people by saying this, but though I loved Tennant to begin with, he rapidly, over the course of S4 and the Specials, sunk to being one of my least favourite Doctor's, through no fault of his acting capabilities.
                                I have been saying that for years! Tennant was a wonderful actor (and very chameleonic), but his Doctor often got on my nerves, and I was almost cheering by the time he regenerated. Even Eccleston bugged me from time to time, but Smith is, to me, consistently awesome, and I hope we get at least another two or three series out of him. He's already, in the space of thirteen episodes, become my favourite Doctor, and that isn't just me jumping on the bandwagon or getting caught up in the excitement over this series. He has seriously impressed me from the moment he climbed out of the TARDIS.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X