No announcement yet.

The Big Bang (3113/513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're called the New Paradigm in Victory of the Daleks, but we don't know what period of history the Progenitor that created them came from. It could be the Time War, it could have been the Bad Wolf era, it could have been the Cult of Skaro or even Davros' Crucible that produced the Progenitors. I'd lean towards Cult of Skaro personally, because they're significantly different to previous Daleks (but also of pure Dalek DNA, not human or Davros bred) and that to me implies research by a Dalek think-tank.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
      I thought the new Dalek breed was actually what the original Daleks were supposed to be? The whole 'pure' Dalek thing.
      I kinda got the impression that while they are pure daleks, they're also pure daleks with a certain amount of eugenics involved. The absoloute pinnacle of the species and bred to make sure they were the best.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Maybe the dalek was just hoping that if it didn't mention the fact it was made of stone nobody would notice
        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          I thought the new Dalek breed was actually what the original Daleks were supposed to be? The whole 'pure' Dalek thing.
          In my opinion your absolutely right. My take on it is this: The Daleks the Emperor was revealed to have made in Bad Wolf were half-human in nature because their DNA was harvested from humans captured from Gamestation. The Daleks in The Stolen Earth are a lot closer to the original Daleks because they were created from cells taken from Davros who is a pure Kaled but because he didn't evolve into the creatures that went on to inhabit the machine, the DNA wasn't exactly right. The Daleks which emerged from the Progenitor in Victory of the Daleks are made from the original DNA of the mutant creatures that the Kaleds evolved into all those many years ago. The travel machines are slightly different but from now on the DNA of the creature within will be pure and untainted from the experiments later carried out by Davros and then the Emperor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

While the last episode was great this episode was horrible. Everything that happened in the museum of a long string of technobabble non-sense and I usually love tech talk! But here it was just a set of new rules and conveniences to make the plot move forward, or fill the 50 min or so, all heading toward...nothing. So she remember him somehow, big deal.

With only 13 episodes between the new doctor and Amy Pond all the "emotional" scene between the 2 characters felt completely flat. It's nothing like the relation between Rose and David Tennant's doctor or even Christopher Eccleston's Doctor. Too soon.

The plot was a jumble mess with no much real interesting part. At one time he got himself a time travel device, then somehow the tardis can save the universe, then river give amy an old book, at one time the Dalek were there, then she got parents, then somehow if amy can remember stuff then it's all good. I don't even know why baby amy was there in the museum, but who cares. Although I did like the part about the Doctor stealing her drinking cup to give her back to herself (that was hilarious).

So amy is the girl who waited, her boyfriend is the guy who waited, and I'm the guy who waited for this episode to end or get good. Unfortunately, it didn't.

This is really strange since I am usually a really big fan of time travel stories (I don't know how but they seem to always make them original). Probably the worst episode of the year. The last episode was 9 on 10. This one a 3.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Something tells me you need to rewatch the episode...

Because none of what you said made any sense.

Oh, I also respectfully disagree.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I presuming that the reason the Reapers didn't appear is because their history was wiped along with the rest of the universe, yeah? Because Amy pulls her younger self's hair and measures her up when she gets out of the Pandorica, and when Rose made physical contact with the younger version of herself in Father's Day the Reapers appeared and tried to seal the paradox by killing everyone in it.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Something tells me you need to rewatch the episode...

Because none of what you said made any sense.

Oh, I also respectfully disagree.
                  The episode didn't make any sense. First I thought the Pandora box was the most efficient prison ever made in the universe. Then its as easy to open as a book. People getting out and in as if it was the empty refrigerator box on the sidewalk. A big set of conveniences to fill the 50 min. But it's ok Doctor who is a great series (at least since 2005 ) and this year was good up until now.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I agree--you need to watch it again.

A prison is easy to get into. Not so much to get out of.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Also agreeing with the others, you really should watch the episode again. Pay close attention to the Doctor's portions as many of the things you're mentioning where explained there.
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

After watching this all I can say is that Stephen Moffat is a terrific writer. He didn't pull a RTD and have the characters out of their situation in a super easy random convenient way. I loved everything there possibly is to love about this episode! And the question remains: who tried to blow up the TARDIS? I can't wait for Season 6! And the Christmas special!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I agree--you need to watch it again.

A prison is easy to get into. Not so much to get out of.
                          For what I recall. This Pandora box was hard to open from outside, as the last episode was all about wondering what was inside. Anyway it would have been stupid to create a pandora box to lock the doctor if it's so easy to open it from outside. Sure that will trap the doctor. Good job "all the enemy of the doctor".

Please don't tell me to rewatch it, because I don't consider it a good episode and I don't feel like it because of that. If you got argumentations about what I said and like a good discussion just tell me right here.

Anyway much of it was my opinion like me not feeling the Amy and doctor connection that much after only 13 episodes thus lowering the dramatic value of some of the supposedly emotional scenes. Seriously, I don't care if she's the little girl who waited for the doctor. But I did like the part where her robotic boyfriend, who has by that time magically recovered from his killing streak, decided to stay with her while she's in the box and can be seen throughout the ages in this alternate universe.

I agree that everything was explained but I feel they made the rules as they go. Nothing was sensical, thus why I say was everything was convenient. Making for a convulted plot and a complete mess. For example, the tardis turning into a sun for earth. It's ridiculous.

It's strange because usually I don't mind a few out of the world explanation like in the last episode the doctor says about Amy (paraphrasing): "Yes, obviously, people who left a room leave some of their memory in the air behind so they were up for grabs by the people who made this fake romans (etc) universe". That's ok and there's a plot outside a crazy sequence of doctor techno babble. While in the Museum it was all about jumping from one doctor babble to another without making any sense. The plot was the babbling.

Also if you invite me to a party, I will turn down the music, tell people to stop drinking beer and separate people kissing each other. I'll call the police about the drug thing too. I'm just that kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            For what I recall. This Pandora box was hard to open from outside, as the last episode was all about wondering what was inside. Anyway it would have been stupid to create a pandora box to lock the doctor if it's so easy to open it from outside. Sure that will trap the doctor. Good job "all the enemy of the doctor".

Please don't tell me to rewatch it, because I don't consider it a good episode and I don't feel like it because of that. If you got argumentations about what I said and like a good discussion just tell me right here.

Anyway much of it was my opinion like me not feeling the Amy and doctor connection that much after only 13 episodes thus lowering the dramatic value of some of the supposedly emotional scenes. Seriously, I don't care if she's the little girl who waited for the doctor. But I did like the part where her robotic boyfriend, who has by that time magically recovered from his killing streak, decided to stay with her while she's in the box and can be seen throughout the ages in this alternate universe.

I agree that everything was explained but I feel they made the rules as they go. Nothing was sensical, thus why I say was everything was convenient. Making for a convulted plot and a complete mess. For example, the tardis turning into a sun for earth. It's ridiculous.

It's strange because usually I don't mind a few out of the world explanation like in the last episode the doctor says about Amy (paraphrasing): "Yes, obviously, people who left a room leave some of their memory in the air behind so they were up for grabs by the people who made this fake romans (etc) universe". That's ok and there's a plot outside a crazy sequence of doctor techno babble. While in the Museum it was all about jumping from one doctor babble to another without making any sense. The plot was the babbling.

Also if you invite me to a party, I will turn down the music, tell people to stop drinking beer and separate people kissing each other. I'll call the police about the drug thing too. I'm just that kind of guy.
                            So in short, you are just an internet troll, correct?
                            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                              So in short, you are just an internet troll, correct?
                              I'm a Doctor Who Big Bang troll. The other episodes of the season were actually better and The Pandorica Opens was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                The Pandorica is hard to open from the inside and from the outside. Its easy to break into a prison but its a different story when your trying to break out.

And I also agree with everyone else, the episode was brilliant

Don't think you would want to be at any of my parties

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                                X